Fml

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's why my hubs isn't allowed to go to the doctor by himself, lol.  Well - I'm glad the blood tests are coming back clear, at least.  I know you won't be able to stop stressing til at least after the colonoscopy, so just remember to eat and take care of yourself along with everyone else!  

Also sending big hugs to you and your daughter, having medical issues with the kiddos is always rough!  Especially in the middle of everything else you have going on!  And once it calms down, do something EXTREMELY NICE for yourself!

Ok everyone, so the husband had a follow up appointment this morning with regards to the blood/urine test results. (The only thing abnormal was (while his cholesterol overall is a-ok) his LDL level was a couple of points high, but doctor said it wasn't a big deal since overall it was good, and it was only a couple points high. (What was funny was, the doctor said, "yeah, try getting more chicken and fish in your diet" - thinking we ate like, red meat- my husband is either vegan by association because of me or he's eating a vegetarian diet, although he'll occasionally eat fish....so he was like, "so uh...what if I barely eat meat and when i do it is fish ...Should I like, start eating meat?" Haha. )

Anyways, back on topic. His blood results were all good, and apparently, according to the doctor, one of those things tested (CBC maybe?) should have been a good indicator if a colonoscopy was really needed. He said if he had cancer, that test would've been way outta whack. So, it would appear that it's a lesser evil at play, one that's not too concerning!

I still, of course, don't see why they won't just do the colonoscopy...although I am sure my husband is more than eager to wait the typical 5 more years before he has to go through it lol.

And since I mentioned my oldest daughter, she was referred to an orthopedic surgeon dude- not necessarily for surgery, but because he'll know what to do. It may just be a matter of some orthotics in her shoes- that would be the best case scenario, worst case would be surgery (just a guess). Her appointment is Thursday, and I'll go ahead and update then too =p

Thanks for the support again everyone, love you all!

Yep, that's why my hubs isn't allowed to go to the doctor by himself, lol. Well - I'm glad the blood tests are coming back clear, at least. I know you won't be able to stop stressing til at least after the colonoscopy, so just remember to eat and take care of yourself along with everyone else!

Also sending big hugs to you and your daughter, having medical issues with the kiddos is always rough! Especially in the middle of everything else you have going on! And once it calms down, do something EXTREMELY NICE for yourself!
HA! When he got back from the doctor, he handed me a couple of sheets of paper and said, "I had him print off the results for you, so there!" Lol. Guess an old dog *can* learn new tricks.

And I got myself a foam roller to torture myself with as my reward for not pulling my hair out in chunks =p

Anyways, back on topic. His blood results were all good, and apparently, according to the doctor, one of those things tested (CBC maybe?) should have been a good indicator if a colonoscopy was really needed. He said if he had cancer, that test would've been way outta whack. So, it would appear that it's a lesser evil at play, one that's not too concerning!
Yay!!  Your post just made my "heart clappy happy" (as my son would say)!  I am so thrilled to hear that things are ok with your hubby - no cancer!!!  You can BREATH now!!    :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :smilehappyyes:   :w00t:  (ALL the smileys)

And since I mentioned my oldest daughter, she was referred to an orthopedic surgeon dude- not necessarily for surgery, but because he'll know what to do. It may just be a matter of some orthotics in her shoes- that would be the best case scenario, worst case would be surgery (just a guess). Her appointment is Thursday, and I'll go ahead and update then too =p
From your previous post about your daughter's ankles, it sounds like she may have flat feet or lazy arches.  I had lazy arches while growing up for years. I don't think I "grew" out of it until I made a conscious choice to walk properly. I took ballet (tap and jazz too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) classes for 12 years and never had an issue from my lazy feet. It never bothered or affected me, it was just that the inside sole of my shoes would wear down much quicker than the outside and I looked sort of funny walking with my ankles/feet rolling in.  I had orthodics but I refused to wear them. 

I hope it's something as simple as that for your daughter! It seems like you've been on an emotional roller coaster lately with possible medical issues in your family.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  You certainly deserve a break!! 

Yay!!  Your post just made my "heart clappy happy" (as my son would say)!  I am so thrilled to hear that things are ok with your hubby - no cancer!!!  You can BREATH now!!    :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :smilehappyyes:   :w00t:  (ALL the smileys)

From your previous post about your daughter's ankles, it sounds like she may have flat feet or lazy arches.  I had lazy arches while growing up for years. I don't think I "grew" out of it until I made a conscious choice to walk properly. I took ballet (tap and jazz too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) classes for 12 years and never had an issue from my lazy feet. It never bothered or affected me, it was just that the inside sole of my shoes would wear down much quicker than the outside and I looked sort of funny walking with my ankles/feet rolling in.  I had orthodics but I refused to wear them. 

I hope it's something as simple as that for your daughter! It seems like you've been on an emotional roller coaster lately with possible medical issues in your family.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  You certainly deserve a break!!
I <3 you Babs!

Yeah, I feel like with my daughter it's gonna be something not too serious. It causes her no pain and doesn't slow her down one bit, but I just cringe when I see her ankles rolling in....I keep thinking she's gonna end up walking like, ON her ankles with her feet completely outwards or something by the time she's 50, haha! Our primary doc was like, "well, she's got arches when she's not standing on them, but when she stands/walks, her feet are the flattest I've ever seen!" I sure hope its something easy like orthotics- or something like what you went through! Hopefully no surgery or anything.

So update on eldest child:

Drove the 1.5 hours - and might I say, the wait time was damn near 0, this facility had their ish together!- just for the doctor to say, after some X-rays, "well, she's got some flat feet for sure. And there are things we can do- orthotics or even surgery if necessary- but honestly, if its not causing her any pain or troubles, I think it's bet to just let her be. There's no science to back up doing anything, even surgery, at this point, especially since he's still very much growing. If and when it becomes troublesome, just come on back. But she's fine. She might even grow out of it a little, but since her feet are very flat, it's unlikely that they'll ever be normal in that sense, they just might get a little less flat. "

So, alls well. Also- my college has (late!) informed me that I did indeed make it into the nursing program...which is great, but since I was under the impression I was going to have to wait a year...I have some stuff to get done ASAP and I really dislike that stress. But hey, I figure ill give it my best- if I simply can not get done (a lot of stuff is out of my hands...like snail mail from agencies and what not) that stuff in time, I figure ill just be where I had thought I was to begin with, so whatevs. Here's hoping it all gets done though so I can e done with this freaking college nonsense!

Just saw this post now, and though belated, I wanted to wish you and your family all the best.  Waiting on a diagnosis can be frightening, especially when doctors often casually give the worst case scenarios as possibilities.  Back around Christmas, I was sent for an EKG with congenital heart failure listed as a possibility (it turned out to be something minor instead).  The whole situation really threw me for a loop, and I've also had friends with similar experiences.  I guess it's a doctor's obligation to relay all possible outcomes (even outside ones), but I think sometimes they forget how taxing even that outside possibility can be.  I recall even while having my EKG done, the tech asked why I seemed tense (I figured it was pretty obvious).  Anyway, hope everything comes out clear for your husband.  All the best to you and your family.

@@slinka Yay for it not being a huge thing for your daughter!  That's even more awesome news!! AND nursing school acceptance?  You are ON FIRE!!! I really hope that you're feeling less stressed now, it's been such a relief to hear that most things have been able to work out as something minor. Still, sending big hugs and unicorns and glitter your way!  I hope things work out for the nursing school admit in the way that's best for you, whether now or a year from now.

I know im really really late to reply to this thread even though it had already been updated a while ago. but.......

CONGRATS SLINKA!!!!!!!! On getting accepted into nursing school!!!! WOOT WOOT!!! :sunshine: you so deserve to party with your fam....

especially with your cancer free hubby!!!  :w00t:

honeslty, I am so stoked for you! its so awesome to know things are better. B)

another thing.... I hope that you and your family stay well and that your sweet girl stays awesome!. so here a flower for you and your lovely family :flowers:

you seriously deserve all the care and love that you get. :smilehappyyes: :hugs3: :flowers: :sunshine:

:drive:  have a good day girl. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats @@slinka! Happy that your hubby's results came back good and your daughter's problems are okay as well. Best news is hearing you got into nursing school! CONGRATS!

You're going to be a nurse? That's wonderful! I'm so glad it's all worked out! (´ ▽`).。o♡

Back