Fortune Cookie Soap: Winter Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo what are we all buying from the Winter Has Come collection? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My list is:

Mother of Dragons Whipped Cream 
The Imp Mist Me? 
Hodor Hodor Hodor Shower Steamers
No Middle Ground Hydrate Me 

And possibly the Unsullied Shower Oil. Kind of wondering how heavy the patchouli is going to be!

ETA: Just saw a comment that says patchouli isn't strong in any of the scents, so shower oil is happening!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few notes for anyone who isn't in the FB group:

There is a discount for buying the full set within the first 12 hours.  $142.86.

There is also a bonus item if you buy the full set that will NOT be for sale individually: The "Brienne of Tarth" based item... a shield-shaped fizzy called "Oathkeeper."

There is no discount for individual items.

Sigh. I am getting the whole set. It's way more than I wanted to spend, so I'm going to sell off whatever I don't like. I am glad the full set is available for a certain amount of time, and is not limited by a certain number of them. Good for people in different time zones.

I had to cross off all the bath stuff since baths just aren't for me. (which is a shame because the bath powder scent description was probably my favorite!) 

My list: 

The Imp Mist Me

Take the Black Shampoo/Conditioner Bar

Iron Islands OCD Hand Sanitizer

And I'm on the fence about getting the shower oil and the sugar scrub. XD

I am going for the set.   I know the perfume I won't use due to its rose scent, but I really think that is the best deal for me.

So I used my bath bomb from the Winter Collection (Bend over and I'll show you, I think was the scent) and good golly...what a mess! It smelled glorious and was really moisturizing, but it was very green and left green glittery sludge all over me and the tub. Yuck! 

Regarding GoT...I broke my no buy and purchased:

What Happens Behind the Wall, Stays Behind the Wall Solid Bubble Bath

White Walker Lip Scrub

Keep it in The Family Perfume Oil - 1 Dram

Joffrey Dies At the End Bath Truffle

Needle Sugar Scrub

I had a bunch of reward points, so I did get the set at 10% off + converted reward points into a coupon.  Plus I got a ton of points from this purchase :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just loved all of the scents except keep it in the family (due to the rose, I am sure it is  lovely...but cannot do rose)

I love the GoT collection, so sad it was released at such a time - 1 a.m. in my time zone, everything I wanted was sold out before I got up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the other hand, I checked the shipping costs later and it's over $16 for one mist (Imp Mist Me was what I wanted most)! So with the exchange rate atm I won't probably be getting it even if it restocks. Really sad to miss out on this collection completely but I just don't see how I can justify the cost  :unsure:

I had to cross off all the bath stuff since baths just aren't for me. (which is a shame because the bath powder scent description was probably my favorite!) 

My list: 

The Imp Mist Me

Take the Black Shampoo/Conditioner Bar

Iron Islands OCD Hand Sanitizer

And I'm on the fence about getting the shower oil and the sugar scrub. XD
Scratch all of that, haha. By the time I got out of work, almost everything had sold out so... I threw caution to the wind and just bought the entire collection. XD

I also grabbed some of the stuff from the Christmas line since it's all still 50% off, plus the OCD hand sanitizer from the vday collection as they did a full restock of that line! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up purchasing more than I originally intended  :blush:

Capture (3).PNG

Last night I tried the Valyrian Steel body wash, and I'm in love!! The smell is so nice. It's also a good uni-sex body wash. The Iron Islands hand sanitizer also smells REALLY good. Bergamot is in both products, so maybe that's what I'm obsessing over? I really wish these products weren't sold out because I would load up on this stuff!!

I also tried the White Walker lip scrub, which was nice and clean and minty fresh.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this collection! 

Last night I tried the Valyrian Steel body wash, and I'm in love!! The smell is so nice. It's also a good uni-sex body wash. The Iron Islands hand sanitizer also smells REALLY good. Bergamot is in both products, so maybe that's what I'm obsessing over? I really wish these products weren't sold out because I would load up on this stuff!!

I also tried the White Walker lip scrub, which was nice and clean and minty fresh.

lucky you that you got your items. Mine still hasn't shipped out - I ordered the full set.

Omg this. So this. I tried to get into it. It literally read like something a 13 year old girl would post on a backstreet boys fanfic site circa 1998. So. Freaking. Atrocious. If you're bored, look up videos of people reading it in the voice of Cookie Monster on YouTube. It's hilarious.

On topic: I used the last of my sparky whipped cream last night and I am sad about it.
I missed this post earlier! About the fanfic thing: It is literally _Twilight_ fanfic. Seriously. I think the original title when it was still about that bullshit was _Master of the Universe_.

They're restocking stuff right now!

I'm new to FCS and bought the entire GOT collection. Can't. Stop. Bathing.  :satisfied:

Back