Foundation for Snow White pale skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Missha M Perfect Cover when I get a little darker in the summer. I have shade 21.
It looks a little grey when you put it on, but give it about 2-5 minutes and it blends perfectly into your skin. I've found if I put a thin layer of this on, let it sit for a moment and then build, I can have almost full coverage. It gives a dewy look, so if you're oily i'd stay away. Since I have dry skin it works wonders for me. Unlike a lot of other foundations it doesn't cake. I use about a single pump as has a very creamy texture and blends easily.
Also since MACs NC15 is too dark, I usually buy their Face and Body in white or Illamasqua skin base in 01 and mix with whatever foundations I have.
It's kind of a pain to get the right consistency and color, but it's worth it.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering if a Korean brand of BB cream would work for those of you with super pale skin.

MISSHA M BB Boomer (BB Cream)

$14.68 on Amazon.com
 I have that. Thats a primer. Love this under my bb cream. It does brighten the skin if you use it alone. 

I'm a Snow White as well. The closest match I've found is Missha Perfect Cover #13 (Bright Beige, in some places Milky Beige). It should definitely suit for the palest ones out there. It doesn't look pink or yellow on my face. And it matches my EXTREMELY pale skin quite perfectly.

The coverage is pretty okay, although I wouldn't recommend it to someone who has a really bad skin.

The 50ml tube costs about 9-10 GBP on ebay..

Here's a swatch (from some blog):

Obviously it gets lighter once you blend it in.
icon_wink.gif

Also, here's a video (not mine) of the Missha #13: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB9XdhwL9jY

Another BB cream I would recommend is BRTC Jasmine Water. It's slightly darker and pinker than the Missha one, but it has a bit better coverage and better ingredients. And it lasts longer. The 35ml tube costs around 11 GBP on eBay.

Here you can see the difference between Missha #13 and BRTC Jasmine Water (Missha: top left, BRTC: bottom right):

Where can I get samples from. I am always on a never ending quest for foundation. I think its ridiculous that the major cosmetic brands dont make them light enough.

That is true. But that is due to it's undertones, hence some major brands have tints and tones so that you can alter it's undertone. We had to use this technique on Mortal Instruments for the Vampire look. We used the lightest or palest MAC face and body foundation but it wasn't pale enough so we added a tint to pale it down further, the trick was to have 5 MUA's have the same shade of pale... Which was tricky when doing 200 bodies. This was troublesome, as we had to custom mix each batch to each person so that they would all look the same. We had 20 people with a deep olive overtones with warm yellow undertones that we had to pale down without them looking grey. Also the Key had to tweak each batch which resulted in some reapplications. We set everyone with baby powder.

Sorry, for bumping up an old topic, but it is still an issue and with so many new products having come out since, I thought we might have even more useful info.

I am very fair, naturally rosy cheeked, combination skinned with green eyes and naturally black hair. Since I am at opposite ends of the spectrum, using the brand's websites to find shade matches is pretty much impossible.

My complexion is lighter than MAC NW15/NC15 (in Studiofix) and I would consider myself to have a more of a blue undertone overall than pink or yellow, but since we're not taught that way and the industry doesn't use that term for foundations, finding the perfect product is really tricky. I think foundations considered "neutral" are the best match for me (when they run light enough); they neutralize redness without darkening my skin too much or leaving a white cast.

My fave powder formulas: LilyLoLo [Porcelain for Winter and China Doll for Summer] and Jane Iredale [ivory for Winter and Bisque for Summer] have been the best matches for me in terms of color, texture, coverage and non-irritating. (I also ordered some Meow samples, but haven't tried them yet. They look really promising though!)

My fave liquid formulas: Honestly, I haven't found an exact match, which I suppose is ok since I prefer powder anyway. I do like the texture and coverage of Revlon Colorstay, but I mix Ivory (which is slightly too pink) & Buff (which is slightly too yellow) to get the right shade for me. (It's a pain to do that and keeping it in a plastic travel bottle might somehow effect product stability, but barring any problems, that's what I do when I want to wear liquid foundation.) L'oreal True Match Lumi in W1 was their fairest shade on me (C1 was very ruddy), but it is just so-so... slightly too dark and makes me look "glowy," which most people would probably like, but I do not ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My fave BB Creams: Mizon Snail Repair is the best color match year round I have found and it is kindest to my skin. Missha in #13 is a good match color wise, but if I wear to it too often, I will start to get some blemishes. Skin 79 Orange Vita is also a good color match and easier on my skin than Missha. It offers the most coverage of any BB I have tried, but it is thick and some people don't care for that texture. I apply with a slightly damp sponge. There's some super helpful swatches of Asian BB Creams for pale girls here: http://snowwhiteandthepear.blogspot.com/2013/02/pale-girl-friendly-bb-cream-swatches-on.html. I am excited about Dr Jart, but not the price. I have not found a drugstore BB that I like yet.

Other: Sometimes, I just use setting powders instead of any foundation. Luckily, I have good skin most of the time, so that works when I just want a more finished/polished look and to avoid the possibility to shine. I'm not picky about those as long as they have little to no tint, don't cake and don't break me out. My fave is probably Revlon Colorstay Aqua Finishing Powder in Translucent/Light, though it has shimmer. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
In case it's helpful, I just saw that FACE Atelier is on HauteLook today, and they have a white foundation that you can mix with any (water/silicone based) foundation to lighten it up. I'm seriously considering it.

Didn't check to see if any one mentioned this, but the lightest shade of Rimmel Stay Matte. I always buy the lightest shade of foundation without checking it ... and this is the first foundation that has ever been too light for my near-translucent skin.

Bumping an old thread because my summer foundation is officially too dark/yellow now.

I'm thinking Missha's BB cream in #13 might be good for me, but I'm afraid it will be too dark. Can someone compare it to a foundation (i.e. lighter than Elf's porcelain or close to NC/NW#)?

Back