Foundation Guide

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skin: Warm and fair with rocsacea.

2. Brand and shade of foundations: Manic Panic Dreamtone foundation in white and BedHead Cosmetics WHipped Foundation #01. 

5. Do you use primer? Yes, Gosh Velvet Touch Line Perfector.

(My blend: mix a little bit of Manic Panic Dreamtone foundation in white with an even smaller bit of BedHead Cosmetics whipped Foundation #01 and Gosh Velvet Touch Line perfector.)

Result:

Women have different needs, at different ages. A woman of 25 will not need the same coverage as one that is 35 years of age or older. Foundation makeup comes in many forms, including age-defying and lighter coverage types. It is important to choose one that fits your needs.

1. Warm, cool, or neutral:

Neutral leaning cool, NW10 in MAC terms. Sensitive, normal-to-dry, clog prone skin with mild surface redness.

2. Brand and shade of foundations:

• Bobbi Brown Skin in Alabaster
  • Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer in Alabaster Tint
  • Chanel Pro Lumiere in 0.5 Limpide (Euro)
  • Revlon Photo Ready #001 Ivory (too dark in Winter)
  • MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Light
  • MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in N3 (breaks me out, hate the coverage, no longer use)
  • Maybelline FIT Me 110

3. Brand and shades of concealers:

• CoverFX CamoflaugeFX in X-Light
  • Hard Candy Glamouflage in Light
  • Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge SC1
  • Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Light 0-1

4. Brand and shades of undereye concealers (if different):

• YSL Touche Eclat No. 1
  • Revlon Age Defying Concealer Cream in Light
  • Neutogena 3-in-1 For Eyes in Light

5. Do you use primer? What brand?:

• Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
  • Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch
  • Dr. Brandt's Pores No More pore refiner (just on inner cheeks & nose. Way too mattifying for me to use it anywhere else!)
  • Hard Candy Sheer Envy (everyday, under TM & MSFN)
  • KORRES Quercetin & Oak Silicone-Free Anti-Aging Primer
  • Make Up Forever HD #5 Blue

Tone:

Neutral (winter) to Warm (summer)

Shades in the Winter

Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation: Sunny Beige

Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation: Real Sand

Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer: Nude

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation: Nude 25

MAC Pro Longwear NW25

Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation W3

Rimmel Lasting Finish 200

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation 2.5

UNE Beauty 100% Mineral Foundation M07

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream: No 23

Shades in the Summer

MAC Face & Body C3

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Light Medium

MAC Mineralize Satinfinish NC30

Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer: Sand

Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation: Vanilla Beige

UNE Beauty 100% Mineral Foundation M08

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona

Concealers (used year round)

MAC Studio Finish NC30

Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #2

UNE Beauty Skin Glow Pencil G03

Primers

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Mineral (the tube version!)

Picture Whoring:
Currently wearing UNE Beauty 100% Mineral Foundation in M07 and Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation in Nude 25 as concealer.

hey everyone im new and i have a question. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i love my foundation but the only think is that i have redness around my cheek bones how do i cover that up with out putting too much foundation? i kinda stop after awhile so it looks good but the redness bothers me.

You can use a corrector such as green to camouflage the redness. For example Maybelline Cover Corrector Green Stick. Just use the "green" concealer and blend it in before applying your foundation.

I've tried Cover Girl, Maybelline, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clarins, Prescriptives, Stila, Benefit, CLinique, Loreal,and MAC  foundations/tinted moisturizers../powders..and none worked for me except MAC! The colors are more suited for me (I'm med-dark olive tan with strong yellow undertones) and nothing polished my look like MAC...Lancome's duo powder/foundation in Matt Nu (which is now discontinued) and Matte Amande came close but nothing like MAC...The studio fix and select spf foundations in nc37 were a match for me.  Also used their full coverage foundation compacts in c35 and c40 but they are now discontinued. And their studio fix powder is also great but only by itself--too thick to wear with foundation..

As far as concealers, I've tried Physician's Formula, Max Factor, Loreal, Maybelline, Cover Girl, Estee Lauder, B-Vain, Lorac, and Paula Dorf, Prescriptives, Club Monaco....and the winner MAC! Lorac came close but MAC"S studio finish concealer pot in nc35 has more staying power and is less opaque than the Lorac although Lorac's was pretty good. And Estee Lauder's smoothing creme concealer in warm caramel (I think thats the shade) was also good but the color was not as good as a match as MAC.

Although thats not to say that I haven't lingered and tried all the major department store brands as swatches on my hand in the stores--I've swatched pretty much all--Dior, Chanel, lapraire, Shishedo ...all of which were horrible (colorwise) but I bought the drugstore brands because $7-10 for foundation is not  a big deal if you don't like it (but $40 + for something that wont look right is a major gamble).

Its very important to have a really good or close color match foundation and concealer-wise so thats why I love MAC although some products are superior to Mac in feel and texture and wearability but I can't use other than MAC for my coloring..Texturewise and performance wise I think its really good too--way better than most of the other brands.

I've never tried primer but am going to buy the prep-prime wrinkle filler from MAC and see how it works..

Just so everyone knows, I was so satisfied with MAC, I have been using it for almost 11 years now and although would love to try some of the new products that have come along (especially MUFE), I have no need because I can't possibly find a closer match than I already have!

Originally Posted by CallmeMrsAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Having trouble finding the right foundation? Would you like to know the equivalent shade of your favorite foundation in different brands? Let's help each other out!

1. Warm, cool, or neutral: I honestly don't know. Lol, can someone tell me??

2. Brand and shade of foundations: In the summer I used a tinted moisturizer by Hard Candy and in the winter or for photos I use Minerelles from Shaklee.

3. Brand and shades of concealers: I used Hard Candy's palette of concealers.

5. Do you use primer? What brand?: Hard Candy sheer Envy. Lol, I guess I am a walking ad for Hard Candy

Please include a picture of your skintone in natural light as well.
U look like a COOL to me :)

Originally Posted by CallmeMrsAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Having trouble finding the right foundation? Would you like to know the equivalent shade of your favorite foundation in different brands? Let's help each other out!

1. Warm, cool, or neutral: I honestly don't know. Lol, can someone tell me??

2. Brand and shade of foundations: In the summer I used a tinted moisturizer by Hard Candy and in the winter or for photos I use Minerelles from Shaklee.

3. Brand and shades of concealers: I used Hard Candy's palette of concealers.

5. Do you use primer? What brand?: Hard Candy sheer Envy. Lol, I guess I am a walking ad for Hard Candy

Please include a picture of your skintone in natural light as well.

you look like COOL to me :)

First of all, nothing to worry about, cuz look @ those beautiful features & hair -- YOWZAH!  Really, just a few 'touches' of this or that concealer, powder will get u the look u want, I'm confident.  I'm 55, so have been through plenty of makeup trends.  The foundation thing stymied me.  They alws gave me the lighter shades.   And every time I'd be getting ready to go out, I'd do the hairline-to-neck thing.  Ended up looking ill!  Tired!  Old!  So I finally said to heck w this 'mask' thing.  Started wearing a more 'medium-beige' shade, but just put it in huge circles on my cheeks.  Then blush. (In my case, went lighter in the blush, lip, eyeliner departments.) This gave a younger look.  You have stunning eyebrows, gosh.  Now about ur forehead getting oily, Phisoderm is a good facial wash.  Wal-Mt has it.  When I lived in Florida, I recommended it to ev'one, and they raved about it, no more sweaty face.  One classy dark-skinned lady fm Ghana was thrilled.  For ur blush, u've got those 'apple' cheeks, so I wd apply the blush on them, in kind of a lower-outside half-moon.  You could try a lot of different shades, can't wait to see what u choose!

I don't know the description of the foundation i use but i know its BLACK OPAL i want to use new 24hr super stay foundation but i don't know which one will match my color, coz i cant find it here so i cant taste it. i sent for one but the color was too dark can u please help me identify it thank you..  i have a combination to oily type of skin

Back