Foundation Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have sadly found out what has been causing me to get breakouts all over my face (very uncommon for me), and it has been my Makeup Forever Ultra HD Stick Foundation with the ingredient Ethylhexyl Palmitate, or at least I think that is what might be the case. I have found out that this is a common acne causing ingredient, and it being the first ingredient in this stick foundation makes me believe that this was what was causing my breakouts. I also noticed that this ingredient is in my beloved Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint which might have caused some breakouts on me as well. 

Anyways, I am trying to look for a good foundation (high end preferably, my skin is a little bit sensitive and most drugstore foundations have not worked with my skin) for myself. I have combo skin, with some dry spots with oily forehead and nose. For this time of year I would say my skin is more oily so a matte foundation would be great. I always set my makeup with a powder (recently being the Rimmel Stay Matte).

Looking for a foundation that will last all day while doing physical labor in a hot environment, good coverage, and will keep me matte but not dry me out.

Some foundations I was thinking of:

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage SPF 15

Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage

Marc Jacobs Marvelous Transformative Oil Free Foundation

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Long Wear Foundation

If anyone knows anything about these foundations or ones that would work for me I would love to hear feedback, thanks in advance! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the Estee Lauder Double Wear stay in Place makeup. I also like the NARS Skin velvet. Laura Mercier translucent powder is great for setting a foundation. Cinema Secrets is a great brand too and is now being sold at Sephora. I haven't tried the other foundations that you mentioned. My absolute favorite foundation is Guerlain Lingerie De Peau and it's about the only foundation I've purchased more than once beside the Estee Lauder foundations.

Well check out makeupgeek's recent video. It says everything about break out ingredients on foundation!beware of them too!

The estee lauder double wear is a great foundation, its not too heavy even if you put a light powder over it. The double wear maximum foundation is really intense its good for covering scars i wouldnt recommend it for everyday wear only because it has a heavy feel on the skin so it may block pores and cause acene.

I have a similar skin type and I can't ever seem to find a foundation that covers my pores/scars and stays on all day. I know I am not a make up aficionado, but there has to be something. I get acne frequently so I am going to check my products for that ingredient. Thanks for sharing!

I have oily and dry skin as well. Something that I have found that helps. Is a good skin care regime. I have a great clenser & moisturizer that I use for all skin types.This has helped break outs and balancing my oily dry skin.

Back