Foundations with no SPF

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif i need this for a photo job I am going to do. Do you mean a photo shoot? I'm not sure I understand why it matters if there is SPF in the foundation or not....

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you mean a photo shoot? I'm not sure I understand why it matters if there is SPF in the foundation or not.... Titanium Dioxide (used for SPF in foundations) reflects light, making the face look lighter than the rest of the body in flash photography.

I'd love to find makeup without SPF. I don't like the "white-out" look of most liquid or powder makeups with the SPFs in it. It doesn't help with my dark complexion as well. Also, I have a customer who is allergic to T.oxide and needs something without it. Why would I need double duty when my moisturizer has SPF already?

I'd love to find makeup without SPF. I don't like the "white-out" look of most liquid or powder makeups with the SPFs in it. It doesn't help with my dark complexion as well. Also, I have a customer who is allergic to T.oxide and needs something without it. Why would I need double duty when my moisturizer has SPF already?

CARGO foundation does not have SPF, and they have an amazing shade range for darker complexions. I can always match my clients with this brand, it rocks. Their blu-ray powder also does not have SPF. It's at Ulta, but not all locations carry their full shade range. If you have a Macy's with their Impulse Beauty section, definitely try there. They carry the full range!

Some Cargo does have spf just check the ingrediants...look for titanium dioxide and zinc oxide....but FACE ATELIER from Canada is what most photogs prefer.....otherwise the photo subject l looks washed out because of the light reflecting properties

Whatever they add to moisturizers and foundation to be able to say it has sun protection factor of a certain number, I am sensitive to it.  If I touch my face and then rub my eyes, they will burn for hours and I have also noticed my eyes become puffy when I use a product that specifies SPF on the package.  I am looking for a tinted moisturizer without any added SPF.

I would really just like to know because I recently found out that I am allergic to SPF products... some have different effects on me like if I use a product with SPF 15 instead of SPF30 I won't break out in hives but for the most part whenever I use any of them I feel like my face is on fire!

Back