FrenchBox [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else getting nervous we haven't heard anything? Has anyone gotten any shipping notices or emails?  Some people have been posting on their facebook page, but they haven't responded/posted in the last few days. Hope we don't have another bad situation on our hands....=/

EDIT: They just responded to a tweet - "Packing is underway, we're shipping next week...the box is gorgeous! #SoExcited

Fingers crossed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else getting nervous we haven't heard anything? Has anyone gotten any shipping notices or emails?  Some people have been posting on their facebook page, but they haven't responded/posted in the last few days. Hope we don't have another bad situation on our hands....=/

EDIT: They just responded to a tweet - "Packing is underway, we're shipping next week...the box is gorgeous! #SoExcited

Fingers crossed...
They must be packing the boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  And they did say shipping would be the 5-10th so that makes sense.

OMG OMG OMG!!!! This box looks amazzinggggggg.

Update* Well crap, they don't ship to Canada...and there contact form does not work *sigh*

FYI - on their FB page, someone asked, "Will everyone receive the same box (i.e. products or color of products or size of items) or will there be variations?" and they responded, "Two persons can receive a slightly different box. It is a surprise Box."

Someone else asked about shipping to Canada and they said they are working on it.

Looks like the Founder is also the webmaster: www.linkedin.com/in/benborie   

:/  Interesting. 

"Founder" is the new catchphrase for anyone doing something new though (kinda like editor back in the day - everyone was an "Editor").

I think it's the wife.  From my deductions and internetz search, its a husband and wife who started an LLC in the French District in.... some florida city I can't remember.  My guess is, that this is something the wife wants to do and the husband put his business name up with hers on her business application (he has his own LLC, too).  Or something like that.

It's definitely not a company with a board of directors or anything.  It's a startup for sure.  I'm definitely not signing up for a long term thing but I'm happy to subscribe for now.  If/when they go under they won't be taking more than the $24 for that month.  And I'd probably get it back from the cc company anyway.

Although the husbands name is Mikal Cohen and the wifes is something like Alicia.  

I did look up Ben Borie and he is the guy who runs the French District newspaper that French Box advertised in.  So I think that's a totally different company than French Box.

I think it's the wife.  From my deductions and internetz search, its a husband and wife who started an LLC in the French District in.... some florida city I can't remember.  My guess is, that this is something the wife wants to do and the husband put his business name up with hers on her business application (he has his own LLC, too).  Or something like that.

It's definitely not a company with a board of directors or anything.  It's a startup for sure.  I'm definitely not signing up for a long term thing but I'm happy to subscribe for now.  If/when they go under they won't be taking more than the $24 for that month.  And I'd probably get it back from the cc company anyway.

Although the husbands name is Mikal Cohen and the wifes is something like Alicia.  

I did look up Ben Borie and he is the guy who runs the French District newspaper that French Box advertised in.  So I think that's a totally different company than French Box.
 I read somewhere that they are 3 French friends who started the French district for French americans.  They  decided to make a French box to bring some of france to the usa. 

I just got an email from her stating they are looking into shipping internationally to Canada :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yay!

Well it was Ben Borie in the email after I signed up.

Well it was Ben Borie in the email after I signed up.
 Its not a husband and wife its 3 friends from france lead by Ben Borie. I think this box is his.  They appear to have connections to france and I hope this box goes well . I think this box is a wonderful idea.  I am excited for them and love the website and facebook they have.

Looks like the Founder is also the webmaster: www.linkedin.com/in/benborie   

:/  Interesting. 

"Founder" is the new catchphrase for anyone doing something new though (kinda like editor back in the day - everyone was an "Editor").
I followed this information to the French District website, and one of the vendors mentioned was BuddyFruit's Fruit Breaks.  I checked my account on the FrenchBox website in case there was tracking information or any new information.  Now, they have BuddyFruit's Fruit Breaks listed on the FrenchBox website along with the French companies like Caudalie.  I googled BuddyFruit and sure enough it is a company started in the U.S. by a French couple and their friend, based on a French company, and it is very successful.

Good to know that they are staying with the French theme.

By the way, I noticed on the French District website that they also sell an international box with items from anywhere in the world.  I wonder if anyone has done unboxings of that box. 

I'm not saying anything is bad or wrong.  I don't know how businesses work.

Here's why I thought it was the wife: http://www.corporationwiki.com/p/2ek89l/mickael-cohen  French Box is also called France in a Box according to their website.  I just looked up what they had on there.  I'm not saying it's shady, I know nothing about LLC's.  This guy has a lot of them.  I don't know if that's normal or not.  So maybe it is Ben Borie's box and this Mickael and Alexa Cohen are financing it.

Either way, I hope it succeeds and I can't wait for my first box!

I'm kind of irritated that I will be charged for another box before I see this box.

"If you purchased a monthly subscription, your payment for the next box will be automatically deducted on the 15th of the month from your designated payment method."

I'm sure this box is great, but $24 is the most I have ever spent on a beauty box and not knowing the contents concerns me.

I'm kind of irritated that I will be charged for another box before I see this box.

"If you purchased a monthly subscription, your payment for the next box will be automatically deducted on the 15th of the month from your designated payment method."

I'm sure this box is great, but $24 is the most I have ever spent on a beauty box and not knowing the contents concerns me.
In the latest email I received from them they explained that their billing date had changed to the 25th.  So if they are shipping when they say and the shipping doesn't take too long hopefully we can see what's in the boxes before the 25th rolls around.

This is from the email:

"Change to our terms and conditions: (it's a good change...) 

Monthly charges will occur on the 25th day of the month (it used to be on the 15th)."

Back