FrenchBox [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine included a blue bracelet, fuschia nail polish, charcoal eye liner, banana bites, wine  bag and the Caudalie SPF cream.  I love it - the packaging is beautiful and I love the postcard and recipe card too!  You can tell they put a lot of care into this and I really hope they are successful so we can continue to receive a little bit of France each month 

Umm, my box wasn't sealed at all.  Like absolutely no tape or adhesive.  Am I the only one or did someone else get an unsealed box?

I love that there are variations!!  

I got Sothy's Paris Hydra Glide Lipstick in Nacre Delicate (full size), Sothys Paris Lip Care Pencil in brown velvet(full size), Caudalie Cleansing Water (1oz deluxe sample), Missiu bracelet in royal blue, those BuddyFruits in Raspberry, and the wine bag.

I know this is not a makeup subscription but I love the lipstick and lip pencil so much!  I'd love to see more of this brand.  I always love Caudalie.  The lace bracelet is not my style but I'm sure someone will swapsies.  The Buddyfruits were... weird.  I like that they are including food made in France but hopefully it'll be something a little more respectable than fruit snacks next time.  The wine bag is a perfectly giftable/hostessy gift type item so I'll use it that way.

I hope they always include a recipe, too!  

They put a lot of time and effort into this box.  The ribbon, the postcard, the heavy duty info card, the inner AND outer box... Everything was perfect!

Mine was "sealed" with Scotch tape. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm, my box wasn't sealed at all.  Like absolutely no tape or adhesive.  Am I the only one or did someone else get an unsealed box?
Mine only had one tiny piece of Scotch tape holding the outer box closed. I'm very surprised the USPS accepted the boxes with so little taping.

Impressive beginning - the box, ribbon and cards were really quite pretty.  The contents were nice and I really liked how they mixed up the contents - well done.  I received:

ISothy's Paris Hydra Glide Lipstick in Brun Chaud 

Sothys Paris Eye Pencil in Effet smoky fort

Caudalie Cleansing Water 

Missiu bracelet in hot pink

BuddyFruits in Raspberry (good but weird after taste)

Wine bag

I'm eager to see how this improves.

@@JolieFleurs I love it the only thing is I was supposed to receive Buddy Fruits Fruit Bites but instead I got a Sothys eye crayon (Noir). Love it lol but I think if it's on the card, we should receive it.. I emailed them about it already. Other than that the box is wonderful and the value is definitely there.
So I received a reply to my email that I sent about the missing item and here's what was said but I guess :

Hi Michelle,

It looks like there was a mix up with your box yes.

The Sothys products is worth much more than the Buddy Fruits...

We apologize for the mistake, we hope it's ok with you.

I'll get back to you shortly about how to re-subscribe and which day you should do that.

Thanks,

Ben

FrenchBox

I need to cancel this box - just not my taste. I think the presentation was very nice but I received the fruit in banana, probably the only flavor I wouldn't want, the lipstick in brick red (dull), lip pencil (don't use them), and the bracelet in hot pink which I think I will gift to my 12 yr old daughter. Hot pink does not interest me. I know many of you like this wine holder but it comes off cheap to me (please don't take offense, I'm just sharing my impression).

I'm glad many of you love this box but the only item I will use is the $5.00 cleansing water which I've tried before and thought it was okay. If I had received the bracelet in white or black I would have been thrilled. If I had received the eye liner vs the lip pencil I would have been very happy. Any flavor of fruit but banana :)

I'm a huge francophile (speak french fluently, lived in France for awhile, etc) but this box was a miss for me.  

So I decided to cancel this box. It just wasn't a huge win for me. Maybe future boxes will entice me to rejoin.

So much for the two day priority shipping--mine only departed Florida today. USPS's fault, not French Box's. I'm just annoyed. Tracking still shows the expected delivery date as Monday, the 15th. 

I cancelled for now. wasn't "wow'd" by the contents that I see - enough for $24.  Maybe will change my mind, but doubt it.  For $15 more, popsugar is a much better deal typically.  It's about glossybox level, but again the new factor doesnt lead me to commit (and I got glossybox through living social at a discounted rate).  On the fence overall.  It's definitely not a "must have" of french items.  It's a "whomever has french items and wants to participate... and we will get those commitments along the way"

Liking the first box really seems to depend on what variations were received. I loved mine, but I hope that there won't be so many variations next time. 

The brands listed on their site that weren't in the first box are:

•  Caron Paris (perfume)

•  Durance (mostly bath/fragrance)

•  Étienne Raff (skincare)

I thought I'd have a better idea about this sub after the first box, but I'm still not sure where they're headed with it. I'm wondering if it will be more of a beauty box or a lifestyle box, or if it's just totally random depending on what they can get. 

I got my box, and in it I got:
The postcard

The recipe card

The wine bag 

The missiu bracelet in yellow

Caudalie Polyphenol Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Anti Wrinkle Protect Fluid 

Sothys Protective Nail Enamel (It's a dark colour which is perfect for me.)

Sothys Sun Lip Balm in 02 Peche 

Buddy Bites in Banana 

I like the stuff in it. I'm going to keep the subscription until I'm really dissatisfied with it. xD (Or, you know, if the company disappears.)

SAM_3001.JPG

Sorry for the terrible quality of the picture.

Finally got my box today! Love the detail of the packaging! It felt very special and I am happy with the colors I got--the lipstick and nail polish are dark, good for fall.

Wine bag 

The missiu bracelet in white

Caudalie makeup remover/cleansing water

Sothys nail enamel in moka

Sothys lipstick pen in brun

Buddy Bites in raspberry

Postcard

Recipe card

I didn't think that the wine bag felt "cheap." It's not something I'd use, but probably give away with a bottle of wine I'm gifting...

How many got banana bites over the Sothy's pencil?

So I received a reply to my email that I sent about the missing item and here's what was said but I guess :

Hi Michelle,

It looks like there was a mix up with your box yes.

The Sothys products is worth much more than the Buddy Fruits...

We apologize for the mistake, we hope it's ok with you.

I'll get back to you shortly about how to re-subscribe and which day you should do that.

Thanks,

Ben

FrenchBox
To me it sounds like you did not receive a Sothys product in place of the treats because each person recieved two Sothys products in addition to the fruit snacks.

Finally got my box today! Love the detail of the packaging! It felt very special and I am happy with the colors I got--the lipstick and nail polish are dark, good for fall.

Wine bag

The missiu bracelet in white

Caudalie makeup remover/cleansing water

Sothys nail enamel in moka

Sothys lipstick pen in brun

Buddy Bites in raspberry

Postcard

Recipe card

I didn't think that the wine bag felt "cheap." It's not something I'd use, but probably give away with a bottle of wine I'm gifting...
Same box, worth the $14, but not enough to keep it at the full price. Wine bag is meh, if I decided to gift a bottle of rose would be during summer. Liked the lip pencil and polish, the bracelet is being ignored, the cleansing water is a bit too tiny to count. Feels like Birchbox/ Sample Society. Lovely packaging, though.

Latest posts

Back