Glossybox August **spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. I am looking forward to getting my box. My only complaint is the lipstick color. I am glad it is not another red, but I already got a couple of similar shades (i think from allure?). I personally prefer more fun colors like fuchsia, plum, or rose.

I love know what the variations might be. I wonder if that will be the only variations this month, or if it is just a variation from boxes that get borghese? 

Can anyone read what the sneak peak for September is?
Someone asked about the sneak peek in a comment and Liz commented: Here is the text from the Sneak Peek: As September quickly approaches, the world turns its eyes to the fashion and beauty scene. GLOSSYBOX has collaborated with an extremely talented illustrator to bring you a keepsake, specially-designed box replete with products for you to set the stage, walk to the runway or simply vogue.

Jay.   Please please let us know what your box is this month.  I just got my July box and I just cannot tell you what was in it.  I will post my august box.

Someone asked about the sneak peek in a comment and Liz commented: Here is the text from the Sneak Peek: As September quickly approaches, the world turns its eyes to the fashion and beauty scene. GLOSSYBOX has collaborated with an extremely talented illustrator to bring you a keepsake, specially-designed box replete with products for you to set the stage, walk to the runway or simply vogue.
Oh... more jenner  nail polish?  waiting with baited breath.

I ran out for lunch today and when I got back to my desk my box had been delivered. I got the tracking email about an hour ago.

IMG_1709.JPG

I'm not a huge fan of hair oil the but the Wella one smells nice.

The After sun lotions smells awesome, if you like coconuts you'll love it. I'm just going to use it at regular lotion instead of after sun lotion I love the smell that much. It's a little thin for regular body lotion though.

I'm not too sure about this Too Face melt off mascara dissolver, but I'll try it tonight when I remove my makeup. I just rubbed some of it on my hand and it makes my skin feel nice. We'll see.

I already have a set of invisibobbles from Allure, but mine were black or navy. I like the pink ones too. These are nice and small so they can go right in your purse or even around your shifter in your car. I don't have a lot of hair, it's pretty thin so smaller hair holders are perfect for me, I don't feel like I have to wrap it around my hair a bazillion times for it to feel secure.

I got the "guilty pug" lipstick. The shade is just ok on me, neutral enough. The packaging is too cute. They're cruelty free too. Looks like you'll get one of two shades either guilty pug or exotic fruit.

I got Borghese body polish, I like the smell, very spa like. Looks like you'll get either the polish or one of the various body muds.

And yep September promises a "keepsake specially designed box"

All in all I like this box way better than the last couple and they seem to have stepped it up this month and started to ship earlier.

I got my box today. I LOVE the invisibobbles so far. They're really comfy and actually hold my hair (thick, coarse, generally impossible to get a ponytail holder tight enough). The face mask was nice too. The hair oil smells funny to me. Not super bad, but I'll have to see if it stays when I use it tomorrow. The after-sun lotion is thin but sinks into my skin quickly and a little goes a long way. I got the lipstick with the fruits packaging and it's a very pale pink that I don't usually go for, but maybe now that my hair is darker I can pull it off with my skin tone. And the mascara melt off I'll also have to try tomorrow. I really like this box so far though!

Glossybox has released a second spoiler: Trifle Cosmetics Lip Parfait Buttery Lip Cream

http://experience.glossybox.com/us-2016-august-sneak-peek/

The TooFaced mascara remover is allegedly "in every box," but they said that about the Nuxe oil last month, and we all know how that went down....

There's no similar promise made re: the lipstick, but I would be happy to receive one for the packaging alone - I mean, seriously, that's a PUG on one of them!

But based on my experiences with Grouchybox (oops, er, Glossybox) the last couple months, my box variation will probably consist of 3 Sinful Colors polishes, self tanner, and a dead spider.
Mine arrived with the seal of the shipping box half-falling off covered in dirt and the seal of the inner box folded over the bottom part of the box rather than sealing the top to the bottom. I suspect it might have been opened to add the  Sabon lotion that was left out last month. Either way, upon first seeing the shipping box, I immediately thought of your post...and dead spiders....  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

of course I didn't get the pug lipstick- I got another one from that brand with fruit on it and in a weird nude color. I have a puggle so was hoping for the pug lipstick just for novelty sake!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran out for lunch today and when I got back to my desk my box had been delivered. I got the tracking email about an hour ago.

IMG_1709.JPG

I'm not a huge fan of hair oil the but the Wella one smells nice.

The After sun lotions smells awesome, if you like coconuts you'll love it. I'm just going to use it at regular lotion instead of after sun lotion I love the smell that much. It's a little thin for regular body lotion though.

I'm not too sure about this Too Face melt off mascara dissolver, but I'll try it tonight when I remove my makeup. I just rubbed some of it on my hand and it makes my skin feel nice. We'll see.

I already have a set of invisibobbles from Allure, but mine were black or navy. I like the pink ones too. These are nice and small so they can go right in your purse or even around your shifter in your car. I don't have a lot of hair, it's pretty thin so smaller hair holders are perfect for me, I don't feel like I have to wrap it around my hair a bazillion times for it to feel secure.

I got the "guilty pug" lipstick. The shade is just ok on me, neutral enough. The packaging is too cute. They're cruelty free too. Looks like you'll get one of two shades either guilty pug or exotic fruit.

I got Borghese body polish, I like the smell, very spa like. Looks like you'll get either the polish or one of the various body muds.

And yep September promises a "keepsake specially designed box"

All in all I like this box way better than the last couple and they seem to have stepped it up this month and started to ship earlier.

I got the same box, except I got the mud mask instead of the body scrub.,  I was really happy with it,   the only thing is, I am afraid of a box like Jay got last month at 21 a month,  I am just going to keep sephora for now.  I really like Glossybox, But at 21 a month, I will wait for a deal .  I got rid of Birchbox 2 months ago and do not miss it.

I actually really like the lipstick I got (the nude color with the fruit packaging).  I already had the same one from my old Lip Love subscription, but I'm happy to have another for my purse.  I think the pug packaging on the other one is adorable, but I don't think I'd get as much use from that shade.

I also already have some Invisibobbles but I really like them, so I'm happy to have more.  The Wella hair oil smells great but isn't really a standout product for me (I tried it last night and prefer some of my other hair oils). 

I just got a box from Glossybox. I already got my August box so I was like huh??

There is a little sticker on the outside that says: Loyalty Box

IMG_1819.JPG

Inside is nice little note thanking me for my loyalty and five products in it...

IMG_1821.JPG

Inside is:

Gimme Brow Volumizing fiber gel .1 oz full size (RV: $24)

Too Faced Shadow insurance .35 oz, full size (RV: $20)

Biossance The Revitalizer, 1.7 oz full size (RV: $58)

Vichy One Step Cleansing Micellar Solution, 3.38 oz sample size, (RV: $7.25)

Via Buff Facial Exfoliator in purple for acne/oily skin full size, (RV: $10)

Box value is $119.25! 

Wow!

Thx! Since November 2012. I don't even want to add up how much that equals out to....

Back