Glossybox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why I am canceling the US one and keeping the German one. Also they haven't been late on the shipping and the surveys are already up when you get your box.
How do you get both?

I live in Germany so I get the German one delivered to my house and the US one goes to my moms house in FL.

I live in Germany so I get the German one delivered to my house and the US one goes to my moms house in FL.
Lucky! I was hoping you'd say that the German GB delivers to the US.

Ditto!!! 

Lucky! I was hoping you'd say that the German GB delivers to the US.

That would have definitely been nice.

Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a shot in the dark here, but have you moved recently and did you pay for this box with Paypal? I had this problem with another sub when I paid with Paypal but forgot to update my shipping address in my Paypal profile. They tried to send it to my old address, (not what I entered on their webpage) and the post office had it for over a week before they sent it back to the shipper. Then I had to wait for it to be resent to the correct address. 
Nope. Paid with credit card and address hasn't changed. 

The swedish august box have released the theme Beauty is golden. The promo picture has a woman on it with golden lips with some sort of crystals glued on them, sort of like Ciate but still not. 

Any guesses what the box will contain? Golden eyeshadow perhaps. I really hope its not some bronzers or tanning stuff since summer is over.

Heres a tiny clickable version.

Swedish boxes arrive at the end of the month

Originally Posted by Nathelin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The swedish august box have released the theme Beauty is golden. The promo picture has a woman on it with golden lips with some sort of crystals glued on them, sort of like Ciate but still not. 

Any guesses what the box will contain? Golden eyeshadow perhaps. I really hope its not some bronzers or tanning stuff since summer is over.

Heres a tiny clickable version.

Swedish boxes arrive at the end of the month
The theme of the German GB is "sunkissed" I wonder if we are getting similar things.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you that are curious these are the past few German glossyboxes I have gotten:

May

June:

July:

Sorry I was not able to put them in a spoiler.
I still love your German boxes so much more than the US ones!

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those of you that are curious these are the past few German glossyboxes I have gotten:

May

June:

July:

Sorry I was not able to put them in a spoiler.
I still love your German boxes so much more than the US ones!

Me too, going to stick to those for now.

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My picks were:

1) Living Proof Style extender from the January Man Repeller box2) Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifyin Serum from the same Man Repeller box3) Tigi glow blush from the April box4) Zoya nail polish from the December box5) Honest Co lip balm from the April box

My last choice was the Dr. Brandt CC cream if they didn't have any of the above.  The CC cream is a gamble since I'm not sure the shade will work for me, and also SubJunkie is trading with me, so I'll try it out either way.    

I'll report back with what they send me.  

I'm unsure why there is such disparity with GB customer service.  My approach with them is similar to how I'd want to be approached with working at my retail gig, if you're friendly, polite and reasonable I'm way more likely to give you what you want.  There is something to be said for being persistent, mostly I just don't want a lot of drama.

That being said, I haven't had a lot interaction with GB customer service, other than this particular event of the duplicated product and small stuff like updating my address, but I've had no major issues with boxes.  
GB sent me Honest Co lipbalm (from April-13 box) and Feel Like Honey Moon Skin Base (from Aug-12 box).  I already have the lip balm, but it's on my desk at work so an extra one is nice for my purse.

I signed up in October last year so the Skin base is a new product for me. 

for a second, i thought you had applied the lip balm to your toes.
Lol I just read this comment. I am blonde but I can manage to figure out products
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

for a second, i thought you had applied the lip balm to your toes.
Lol I just read this comment. I am blonde but I can manage to figure out products
icon_cheesygrin.gif

rofl2.gif

Back