GLOSSYBOX June 2014 - *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did two days ago. Had two 10.00 cards and bought sale shoes for 23.00.
they won't let me do it.  I guess I can call them tomorrow - because I really like these shoes!!  I basically would get the shoes for free, as they are only $17.00, but I have a $25.00 card.

My box came today! Gonna try a red, white and blue mani possibly. Went to CWonder bought some earrings, 2 sets of cloth napkins (8napkins) and a mug for 17¢! 16 ¢ plus 1¢ tax. The employeee was shocked. My card was for $25.00 I wish the initial bracelets came in silver. They were cute.

@@biancardi - I think someone mentioned the card only works if the value on the card is exceeded or matched by what is in the cart. I'd try putting something else in the cart.

I have not got my box yet...any idea when the gift card expires?

It says end of January on mine. I'm not going to use it as it's just $5 and shipping is twice that much.

I like the box a lot though .. especially with the free hair thickener added on top. Still, I canceled the subscription as I just don't think the boxes in general are worth $21 (to me). It's just samples for the most part (wonderfully packaged).. some of which I don't even like. I'm going to keep on looking for another Living Social deal .. $15 seems like a good price for what they offer.

Living social + a good ebates made my boxes $11.60 for the year. I'm keeping an eye out for something like that, I have 5 more boxes and 2 free with dots, so I've got time.

I did the black friday deal...so I have until November...but my bad self just signed up for another beauty box - not samples - one full size item. Very curious as to what it will be like!

beautydna - it sounds like an interesting concept so I'm going to try a few months - each box is specifically customized to you. Usually you get one item - the questionnaire was really crazy detailed (for example I think there were 30 questions on scents alone for your skincare)...the idea is that they introduce you to things you need based on your specific wants and preferences. Its $25 a month but people seem get products that retail for $40-80 a month. One single item with info as to why it was chosen for you.

Well darn, I thought the theory of a longer wait = better gift card value would hold out but I got my box today and the gc was only $5.  Boo.

But my box finally showed up! Yay!

My box arrived on the 26th this month but I was out of town. I really like the Camille Beckman hand lotion but not really anything else. The Ayres lotion has an odd smell and the Rusk just made my hair messy. I didn't even open the Sumita pencil, I will give it to someone else. I don't remember seeing a gift card in my box but there is nothing at C. Wonder I would have ordered.

Turns out that my gift cards, even though they started with a 20, were each worth $25. I got a set of highball glasses (4) for $26.99 and a printed mini striped bag for #21.99, both from the sale section. The $1 left over covered some of the shipping, so in total I paid $8 for 4 beautiful glasses, a purse, and shipping. Super stoked!

The Camille Beckman hand cream smells like Fruit Loops. It feels nice, but I smell my hands and I think... breakfast.

My box came today! Gonna try a red, white and blue mani possibly. 
I just finished mine tonight!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

fqlHPXY.jpg

@@biancardi - I think someone mentioned the card only works if the value on the card is exceeded or matched by what is in the cart. I'd try putting something else in the cart.

I have not got my box yet...any idea when the gift card expires?
thanks!!  that worked ~  the card expires in 2015, so you are good

I got the following - just paid for shipping (which I think was outrageous!!).  But I love coffee mugs and the napkins were so pretty as well.

Order Confirmation - C. Wonder 2014-07-03 06-20-40.png

Ohmygosh I am in love with the Sumita eye shadow pencil! I took it on a work trip this past week and it was practically the only shadow I used the entire time, it's just so neutral and versatile while still having a sparkle.  This and the Alterna Boho Waves spray are my two most favorite items from Glossybox!

Oh my gosh, I just realized why the Camille Beckman hand cream seemed so familiar. That brand is based out of my home town! I used to buy their hand creams all the time in high school! :sdrop: Well, I am glad the brand is doing well. The ladies I remember from back then were very kind.

I also really like the Sumita pencil. The color is perfect to put in the crease when I wear my MAC Camel Coat Paintpot. I'm going to get a lot of use out of this one, I can tell.

Back