Glossybox June 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Thermal water, which I love.  

Though, the most notable thing about my box is the fact that the outer carton had the front right secton of the box torn off. When I pulled the rest of the perferated tab off, it was clear that someone had already opened the right side of the carton to get my box out. Then when I opened the box, it was also obvious that someone had opened it (Just to look inside?).It had to be somewhere along the shipping route, because I have a P.O. box and there is no chance of it happening after delivery. I guess, just because I am paranoid, but I don't want to use anything that is not sealed.... so that is really just the mascara and the lip gloss, right? 

I called Glossybox and the CS rep was very accomodating. I personally have always had really good experiences with their CS, whenever I have needed to call.  They are reshipping this box to me, which IMHO is above and beyond and one of the reasons I love this box.  

I got my box today.  

IMG_1348.JPG

The good:

I like tan towels and there are two, that's cool. This really should have been an extra though.

The Caolion masks are really cool but the way they're packed makes them one time use.

The bad:

I'm kinda annoyed. I got this hair spray from them three years ago.  Ugh and the addition of hair oil doesn't improve things in my world since my hair is way to fine for hair oils.

The ugly:

black mascara...boring

red lipgloss....boring 

My polish is just ok, it's called after dark from the denim and bling collection. It's grey with sparkle. It's not what I would call a "pretty color"
I got the same exact box including same nail polish. I think the gloss is a different shade though. I have no idea when I would use that polish color. In the least it doesn't scream summer or "Tony awards" to me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't know why they even bothered theming this box. It seems like they got a bunch of hand me downs from various companies and tossed them in this box. It all seems random and cheap. I have zero excitement for this box now and can't wait until my Guilt sub is over. I started subbing about a year ago and was paying full price for a bit and I was reasonably impressed with the sizes and quality of what I got. WTF happened. Or maybe 97% their clientele is via the Guilt deal so they have made zero money from us and this is what happened...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same exact box including same nail polish. I think the gloss is a different shade though. I have no idea when I would use that polish color. In the least it doesn't scream summer or "Tony awards" to me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't know why they even bothered theming this box. It seems like they got a bunch of hand me downs from various companies and tossed them in this box. It all seems random and cheap. I have zero excitement for this box now and can't wait until my Guilt sub is over. I started subbing about a year ago and was paying full price for a bit and I was reasonably impressed with the sizes and quality of what I got. WTF happened. Or maybe 97% their clientele is via the Guilt deal so they have made zero money from us and this is what happened...
I cut my nails pretty short and used the polish and I don't mind it that much, I don't think it looks great on long nails, but that's my preference.  I find that it wears away fast since I didn't apply a top coat.

I agree this box is kinda jumble of products. 

I finally got my box today. I had the same items in it as @@Bizgirlva but my nail polish was blue. I'll try some of these items. It's not quite as bad as I thought now that I have it.

When you review items from your box, you get Glossydots. When you collect 1000 Glossydots you can get a free box. You have to have an active subscription to redeem Glossydots. You get 20 for each review.

How do you get a free box?
The only way to get a free box is to earn Glossydots. You have to subscribe to the service and each month you can earn Glossydots by completing your monthly surveys. It usually takes about 8 months of getting the box and completing the surveys to earn a free box.

The only way to get a free box is to earn Glossydots. You have to subscribe to the service and each month you can earn Glossydots by completing your monthly surveys. It usually takes about 8 months of getting the box and completing the surveys to earn a free box.
 Glossybox has great promotional deals and discount sales.  Sometimes you can get really deep discounts on your monthly/6 month/ yearly subs and sometimes they will offer a free product or extra box from past months with a subscription, too. 

I usually get 2-3 free boxes a year with dots. I've been a long time customer so I get 500 dots on my birthday each year (or I have for the past two years). That'll make my July box free.

I finally opened my replacement box (the first box had clearly been opened somewhere along the postal route). Wow, I am really glad that Glossybox sent a replacement to me. I had initially told them that nothing was missing, I was just iffy on using products that were clearly tampered with. I only just realized that my first box was missing the face mask. So someone not only opened my mail, but they stole something out. Unfortunately, this is not the first time there was evidence of someone opening our mail before we get it. (we have a P.O. box... so I think it has to be someone at the Sorting center in Sandston VA, one of the drivers that ship the packages, or someone at our local post office :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wonder how many other things have gone missing without me knowing. 

Back