GlossyBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How long after getting the 'shipped' email did it take to receive your boxes?  Mine says it was picked up in NJ on the 29th, but no further updates. Is it coming just regular first class mail?
For me in Missouri it takes a week after they shipped it. It depends where you live of course.

Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How long after getting the 'shipped' email did it take to receive your boxes?  Mine says it was picked up in NJ on the 29th, but no further updates. Is it coming just regular first class mail?
It usually takes about a week or so. It comes newgistics I believe.

I resubbed for this box because of a promo code for a Zoya polish. I was underwhelmed with my Zoya in Piaf out of my Ipsy bag for May and was hoping to get a nicer shade. Also was apprehensive because a lot of people have said in the past that they entered a promo code for an add on item, and never received the item. So imagine my confused surprise today when I opened up my glossybox and found an essie nail polish right up front in the shade Geranium. LOVE! So, not a Zoya polish, but still a win! I did however, receive the modelco. duo which is a dupe for me since I received it last year already. I love it, but don't think I'll go through the original fast enough to bother holding on to the new one. The rest of the box was sort of meh for me. I did receive that wax coupon, and the gel spray and the little foil packets. The only thing I was excited about besides the polish is the fragrance stick, Dream 42 Absolute. Orangie citrus type scent. Oh, and the mask. Can always use some extra hydration. I am excited about June though, but will probably be canceling after that for a while, so I can get through some of my excess product. 

Finally received my box, on the last day of the month, but at least it came in May!  Here is what I received:

As you can see-

• Epionce-tiny sample, but look forward to trying
  • Etre Belle mask-looks so good on Yousoldtheworld I can't wait to try
    smile.gif
  • Sebastian Volut spray-just okay, probably will give away
  • Nicka K New York-actually smells pretty good, I prefer this over another fragrance sample any day
  • European Wax center body wash and lotion-Stupid and useless for me, have had laser hair removal
  • Xtreme Lashes eye pencil in Pearl Black-was like, "oh no, not ANOTHER black eyeliner", but the color is actually more of a deep purple, looks great
  • Xtreme Lash sharpner-yeah, whatever

All in all, not bad. Glad I didn't get the Amore Pacific that didn't work for most people. Just a little underwhelmed since they played up their whole one year anniversary thing. I am looking forward to next month, it sounds way more interesting.

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally received my box, on the last day of the month, but at least it came in May!  Here is what I received:

As you can see-

• Epionce-tiny sample, but look forward to trying
  • Etre Belle mask-looks so good on Yousoldtheworld I can't wait to try
    smile.gif
  • Sebastian Volut spray-just okay, probably will give away
  • Nicka K New York-actually smells pretty good, I prefer this over another fragrance sample any day
  • European Wax center body wash and lotion-Stupid and useless for me, have had laser hair removal
  • Xtreme Lashes eye pencil in Pearl Black-was like, "oh no, not ANOTHER black eyeliner", but the color is actually more of a deep purple, looks great
  • Xtreme Lash sharpner-yeah, whatever

All in all, not bad. Glad I didn't get the Amore Pacific that didn't work for most people. Just a little underwhelmed since they played up their whole one year anniversary thing. I am looking forward to next month, it sounds way more interesting.
Ooh, jealous! You got the perfume stick I wanted...I might have to buy that scent...

and lol...definitely warn anyone else in the house before you use the mask...or go for a leisurely nighttime stroll around the neighborhood...either way ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, jealous! You got the perfume stick I wanted...I might have to buy that scent...

and lol...definitely warn anyone else in the house before you use the mask...or go for a leisurely nighttime stroll around the neighborhood...either way ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm jelly too! lol That's the Free Spirit one right? It sounds like it smells DIVINE Oooooooo

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm jelly too! lol That's the Free Spirit one right? It sounds like it smells DIVINE Oooooooo

Yes! I want that one, and Dream, and Very Chelsey, and Rhythm...

Oh, and while browsing Nicka's site for the different perfume scents, I wandered onto the makeup section and now I'm really curious! Those cheap colorful shadow palettes have me curious about their quality! And shimmer eyeliners...hmmm....

Oh, and while browsing Nicka's site for the different perfume scents, I wandered onto the makeup section and now I'm really curious! Those cheap colorful shadow palettes have me curious about their quality! And shimmer eyeliners...hmmm....
I went to the site to look and saw the prices....are you kidding me? I am totally shocked!

I went to the site to look and saw the prices....are you kidding me? I am totally shocked!

I have a feeling I will be making some purchases when I get paid next week!

I wonder what shipping cost is...it is free over $50 but you would have to orders a lot of makeup to reach that. Lipstick $1.49? Eye pencil $1.49. 40 color eyeshadow $8.99? Crazy! I wonder what the quality is like, too.

I opened my box today and got:

• Black eyeliner + sharpener: I liked this much more than I expected to, very silky.
  • Very Chelsey perfume: Smells like deodorant; let's hope I don't mix them up.
  • Face mask: I love face masks!
  • Hair spray: I am confused by this but will try it.
  • Tiny tube of serum: I barely have wrinkles, so the size is perfect.
  • Teensy packets of something or other: Almost enough to scrub a toe. 

It was worth the $15 I paid, but I'm not sure I'll stay subscribed after my three months is up. I'm looking forward to June's box though!

I wonder what shipping cost is...it is free over $50 but you would have to orders a lot of makeup to reach that. Lipstick $1.49? Eye pencil $1.49. 40 color eyeshadow $8.99? Crazy! I wonder what the quality is like, too.

I will probably be ordering 3 of the perfume sticks, so I should reach the $50...and I know I like the perfume sticks, so even if the makeup is unimpressive I don't think it'll be a waste. Mostly I'm tempted by the palettes because I like having a ton of colors around. If I do order, I'll report back on quality :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I put just the $8.99 40 color palette in my cart to check shipping...here were the options:

So, not really outlandish prices, and should be pretty quick as Priority Mail is the slowest option.

Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... I agree about the free wax thing too.  The closest one to me is $65 miles away which I might have considered, but in the fine print on the card it says you "must be state resident".  Well the closest location isn't in my state, so I'm just out of luck then?
No locations in Washington State either. 

I thought the box was o.k.  I received the black eye liner pencil, and thought it was nice that it came with a sharpener.  The best part of the box for me was the perfume.  I received 'Very Chelsea', and gave it to my friend Chelsea, and she likes it!  I would be interested in trying other fragrances, too, so I will try the swap lists.  So, I am happy with this box.

Originally Posted by pookiebear81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally heard back from GlossyBox after e-mailing them twice. I still don't know why I could not access my beauty profile because they never addressed my problem, but I tried to access it again a couple days later and I could see my profile so I can only guess that it was an issue on their end, not mine. Regarding the wrong shade of the Amore Pacific Compact, like jhans0717 posted, I got this response:

"I'm sorry to hear that you received the wrong shade of the Amore Pacific CC Cushion Compact. At the moment we are waiting to receive a new shipment of this product, and as soon as we receive it we will ship out a replacement to you with the correct shade.I have added 200 GLOSSYDOTS to your account for the inconvenience.I apologize for any inconvenience and truly thank you for your patience and being a member of the GLOSSYBOX family.Kind Regards,Jessie, From The GLOSSYBOX Team"

I received that response yesterday and I don't have the 200 GlossyDots yet. Hopefully, they follow through with their promise.
So they're totally giving different responses, because they told me that they are completely out of AmorePacific. They never said anything about receiving more. I also haven't heard back about the list of 5 replacements that I sent in yet and I DEFINITELY didn't get told I'd get 200 glossydots.....how odd.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by pookiebear81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally heard back from GlossyBox after e-mailing them twice. I still don't know why I could not access my beauty profile because they never addressed my problem, but I tried to access it again a couple days later and I could see my profile so I can only guess that it was an issue on their end, not mine. Regarding the wrong shade of the Amore Pacific Compact, like jhans0717 posted, I got this response:

"I'm sorry to hear that you received the wrong shade of the Amore Pacific CC Cushion Compact. At the moment we are waiting to receive a new shipment of this product, and as soon as we receive it we will ship out a replacement to you with the correct shade.I have added 200 GLOSSYDOTS to your account for the inconvenience.I apologize for any inconvenience and truly thank you for your patience and being a member of the GLOSSYBOX family.Kind Regards,Jessie, From The GLOSSYBOX Team"

I received that response yesterday and I don't have the 200 GlossyDots yet. Hopefully, they follow through with their promise.
So they're totally giving different responses, because they told me that they are completely out of AmorePacific. They never said anything about receiving more. I also haven't heard back about the list of 5 replacements that I sent in yet and I DEFINITELY didn't get told I'd get 200 glossydots.....how odd.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I heard back today, after I sent them the list of things I was interested in, that they'd be sending me a Zoya polish. I was hoping for another perfume stick, but hey, I'll take it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't get the extra glossydots, though, and I was told they were out of the lighter shades of the AmorePacific.

I heard back today, after I sent them the list of things I was interested in, that they'd be sending me a Zoya polish. I was hoping for another perfume stick, but hey, I'll take it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
How long did you wait to hear back from them?

How long did you wait to hear back from them?

Hmm. I sent the message when I got home from work last night and I got the response this afternoon...so probably something like 16 hours or so?

Hmm. I sent the message when I got home from work last night and I got the response this afternoon...so probably something like 16 hours or so?
frown.gif
I've been waiting 2 days for a response.

Latest posts

Back