Glossybox - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update: I had posted that I was missing an item (the Kryolan blush) in my box and had been trying for over 2 weeks to get ahold of them about the issue.  I got my replacement today!

However, they must have run out of the blush, so they sent me the Basq body oil. I have to admit I was really looking forward to trying the blush so I am a little sad, but the body oil is nice and smells great (lavender pear), and it's full sized so I'm grateful that I got my replacement. So, I won't be unsubscribing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I was curious if the R29 box is different than the regular Nov GB.  I called them and they confirmed that it was.  Then I asked if I could order the regular box too (cuz really I don't have enough boxes/samples already 
satisfied.gif
).  They advised that if I place my order today, I would get a Nov box.  So I did!!  Psyched for 2 GB boxes this month.  

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I already filled out the surveys for this month. They were up yesterday for me.
Still no surveys, and still no response to my email.  Time to send another one.  I find that sending "2ND REQUEST" in all-caps tends to get me responses (I send out a *lot* of ignored emails at work, so I have learned this trick to getting a response to the second time I send something out).

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still no surveys, and still no response to my email.  Time to send another one.  I find that sending "2ND REQUEST" in all-caps tends to get me responses (I send out a *lot* of ignored emails at work, so I have learned this trick to getting a response to the second time I send something out).
ROFL - I'm so going to utilize that trick... 

-L

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ROFL - I'm so going to utilize that trick... 

-L
The key seems to be to forward the original message with the time-stamp that shows that, yes, you *did* send it three days ago, and they *did* ignore it.  In my case, when it comes to work emails, it helps that my emails are usually of the "dude, we have your money, but you didn't give us enough information to apply it anywhere, so you need to *tell us* where it belongs, or your account -- whatever it is, since the whole point is *I can't identify your account* -- is going to go past-due.  And unless you get back to me in 48 hours, I'm refunding the charge, and you're going to have to do this all over again" variety.  Ahem.  I deal with this crap pretty much every day.  I actually have a template for these emails that is much more politely-worded.

Anyway.  So I got an answer:  The surveys for the November boxes aren't up yet!  They haven't even sent those boxes out yet!  Which, yeah, no shit, Sherlock (I thought this but didn't actually say it, in case anyone was wondering).  I'm looking for the October surveys (which I *did* say).  No response to that.

Does anyone know of a blog with a complete listing of the content of GB for the last 6-9 months? I'm trying to decide between keeping SS or GB and need more info to really compare them.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The key seems to be to forward the original message with the time-stamp that shows that, yes, you *did* send it three days ago, and they *did* ignore it.  In my case, when it comes to work emails, it helps that my emails are usually of the "dude, we have your money, but you didn't give us enough information to apply it anywhere, so you need to *tell us* where it belongs, or your account -- whatever it is, since the whole point is *I can't identify your account* -- is going to go past-due.  And unless you get back to me in 48 hours, I'm refunding the charge, and you're going to have to do this all over again" variety.  Ahem.  I deal with this crap pretty much every day.  I actually have a template for these emails that is much more politely-worded.

Anyway.  So I got an answer:  The surveys for the November boxes aren't up yet!  They haven't even sent those boxes out yet!  Which, yeah, no shit, Sherlock (I thought this but didn't actually say it, in case anyone was wondering).  I'm looking for the October surveys (which I *did* say).  No response to that.
I actually have the perfect use-case for this.  If I don't hear a response by Monday to an email, I'm going to try this trick and see if THAT works.  I'll definitely use this when appropriate with my business.

The body oil looks AMAZING! Even though it's not the blush you wanted, you totally lucked out!

I got the enzyme face peel in last months box and it's a tiny sample size....so you scored!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update: I had posted that I was missing an item (the Kryolan blush) in my box and had been trying for over 2 weeks to get ahold of them about the issue.  I got my replacement today!

However, they must have run out of the blush, so they sent me the Basq body oil. I have to admit I was really looking forward to trying the blush so I am a little sad, but the body oil is nice and smells great (lavender pear), and it's full sized so I'm grateful that I got my replacement. So, I won't be unsubscribing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mmmmmm....Love lavender and pear scents.  I bet that smells amazing!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The body oil looks AMAZING! Even though it's not the blush you wanted, you totally lucked out!

I got the enzyme face peel in last months box and it's a tiny sample size....so you scored!

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the enzyme peel, too! It is tiny but I did like it! (I got the peel, the soap, the lip duo, and the hair mist...and then this replaced the blush.) So I was missing a full sized item and got a full sized replacement. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried the oil last night after my shower and I liked it! It isn't too heavy, and it is really soothing...relaxed me and helped me to sleep. The lavender pear scent is nice...mostly lavender with just a bit of sweet pear. I have a lavender oil diffuser in my bedroom so it pairs well, lol. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Even though I wanted the blush, if I am honest, this is probably more useful to me - I have a box of blushes, but I've actually never tried a body oil!

This may be a silly questions but does a body oil make your skin feel oily?  Or is most of it absorbed?  Is it supposed to be more hydrating than lotion?  I only ask as my skin is like the sahara in the winter!

I got the enzyme peel, too! It is tiny but I did like it! (I got the peel, the soap, the lip duo, and the hair mist...and then this replaced the blush.) So I was missing a full sized item and got a full sized replacement. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried the oil last night after my shower and I liked it! It isn't too heavy, and it is really soothing...relaxed me and helped me to sleep. The lavender pear scent is nice...mostly lavender with just a bit of sweet pear. I have a lavender oil diffuser in my bedroom so it pairs well, lol. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Even though I wanted the blush, if I am honest, this is probably more useful to me - I have a box of blushes, but I've actually never tried a body oil!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This may be a silly questions but does a body oil make your skin feel oily?  Or is most of it absorbed?  Is it supposed to be more hydrating than lotion?  I only ask as my skin is like the sahara in the winter!
Depends on the body oil. Some will absorb better than other due to the quality of the oil. I have a body oil from Freeman Beauty that I use after a shower and my body quickly absorbs it so once I'm dressed it doesn't make my clothes stain from the oil. I had another one that didn't do as well and would stain my clothes so I ended up using it for my feet only.

Thanks for the information! I tried the one at the Body shop (in store, did not buy) and I felt greasy.  I am not sure if I actually was greasy or if it was just my perception as it was an "oil."  I will have to keep my eye out for some smaller sizes to try.  But the feet tip is awesome because my feet are drier than my body!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Depends on the body oil. Some will absorb better than other due to the quality of the oil. I have a body oil from Freeman Beauty that I use after a shower and my body quickly absorbs it so once I'm dressed it doesn't make my clothes stain from the oil. I had another one that didn't do as well and would stain my clothes so I ended up using it for my feet only.

This is the first one I've tried, but it does not leave me greasy at all! I just used it for the second time...I have been massaging it into my skin after a shower, while my skin is still slightly damp, and it's completely absorbed within a couple of minutes. I find that is the time when my skin is most absorbent, post shower.

As for the hydration, I find that it is moisturizing, but in a different way than lotion. I find it hydrating enough on most of my body, and then I just use lotion afterwards on my elbows, knees, hands, and feet. So far, it's working well for me! 

And yeah, the oil you tried m ight have been a heavier one, or it could have been perception - I always find it takes me a bit to get used to a different type of product than I'm used to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  To avoid a heavy one or one that gunks up the skin, I'd look for one free of parabens and other nasty chemicals and look for one full of lots of natural oils.

For a reference, here are the ingredients of the Basq oil:

Hazel seed oil, sunflower seed oil, sesame seed oil, sweet almond oil, wheat germ oil, grape seed oil, rosa canina fruit extract, eucalyptus, Vitamin E acetate, and fragrance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Back