Glossybox September, 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me either!

Not to sound like a creeper, but your new profile pic is so angelic, Michaela 
patches.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fun fact:: So I learned this when I was shopping with one of my good friends at Sephora and I tried out a perfume and didn't like it... which then I tried to overzealously mask with another scent (DON'T DO THIS LOL). I felt so sick from smelling it... ugh...

Anyhoo, if you are sensitive to scents (like me!) or don't like the scent you are wearing, spray/dab some rubbing alcohol. It will lessen the scent. I think it works because perfumes (like EDTs) have alcohol in them. I think most Sephora's have alcohol sprays to disinfect stuff.

Another fun fact:: If you accidentally use a sharpie on a white board (or any other less porous or glossy surface) don't try to wash it with water. Best way is to color over with a dry erase marker and then wipe it off. Again, both inks are alcohol based.

I wish I read this yesterday! I had a headache by the end of the day. I'll try to remember this next time even though I really, really hope there isn't a next time! Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received my September box yesterday.

I like everything in it and will use most of it except for the perfume and eyeliner pen. I'm picky with perfume and I have too many eyeliner pens. I'm just going to swap both.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me either!

Not to sound like a creeper, but your new profile pic is so angelic, Michaela 
patches.gif

LOL, not creepy at all...thanks!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me either!
Still waiting on mine to. Love your new picture!

Glad I'm not alone then. Thanks!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am really looking forward to they eyelash curler if my box ever shows up

I was in the market for one, so I'm impressed they included one in the box. It seems pretty nice so far, so I hope you enjoy it too when it arrives!
I'm so sad, because I JUST bought a new one the day before the first box was posted...I had been needing a new one for months! haha. Go figure. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey ladies! Got my glossybox yesterday. Hadn't had a chance to post a pic up here. It's same stuff so perfume reminds me of Thierry's Angel but it's more powdery and floral with a hint of musky sweetness of either honey or caramel. Not my scent. Sadly, the entire box will be up for a trade except for nixxon (I'm curious to try even tho I have soo much hair but it's not thick as it used to be).

I totally forgot about this month. I tried so hard to avoid spoilers and stuff... (I am the kid who peaks at the christmas presents).. And then GLOSSYBOX posted a picture of this month's box on facebook. Two reactions... 

1) YES! I love nioxin, haven't tried eyeliner pens before, was just out of makeup remover and need a lash curler for my travel bag. Can't wait to smell the perfume. 

2) F**** everything! Why are you posting spoilers when you haven't sent out all the boxes yet, glossybox? 

Okay really, not that mad... now I'm just antsy for my box to arrive so I can touch everything (eta Oct. 1). 

Isn't there usually like 1 product that varies each month? Like, for the August boxes everything was the same for everyone except the nail polish/eyeshadow/moisturizer (?) variation? Because I'm really really hoping to not get that eyeliner pen. I still have the one I got from Ipsy last year and I am just not a fan. The only liquid liners I can use are Eyeko and Stila, everything else ends up in a giant liner mess all over my face. And the BaB pen was just not great for me. I'm just not good with liquid liners, it's all user error problems, but no matter how much I tried to get that one to work for me, I just couldn't. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully if I get one there will be someone out there in the trader-verse who will want it. 

YAY! I got my shipping email today..still a little sad though because i accidentally looked at a spoiler pic from glossybox of the whole box so now none of it is a surprise oh well still happy 
icon_biggrin.gif

I missed the spoiler pic online, but when I logged into my account to check if my box was shipping anytime this year they already had the review links up.  Stupid me was like "oh no! - Did I somehow forget to review my August box products?"  Nope.  All items in the September box were pictured with the links to the questions.  I was really hoping that I wouldn't see the rest of this box since GB had already posted 2 major spoilers in emails, but it doesn't matter anymore since I have seen everything now.  Grrr.  So... hello spoiler thread!  I bet you thought you wouldn't be seeing me for awhile since my box hasn't even left New Jersey yet huh?

I so agree!  I am tired of boring basic neutrals.  Particularly since this particular product will be my fourth identical one.  I have it from Ipsy, Wantable and Birchbox.  Sigh.

i got my box today.  it's my last one of my not-renewed subscription and now it's making me re-think that decision...

Swedish glossybox for september. This willbe my last one, i just don feel its worth it since i get shampoo every month and some of the makeup is unusable cause its the wrong shades (last months CC cream was way too dark). Im thinking of maybe joining Bondi polish, the only other beauty box that is available to me.

This was a really neat box. The five main things where Weleda millet shampoo, Mineral shimmer powder from Bellapierre(the box card says its really expensive but it only have titanium oxide and a mica powder as an ingredient so dupes are available for really cheap), Nail Balsam/Conditioner from Trind and an almond shower oil/smells wonderful) from L'occitane. And a tinted lip salve.

We also got an eye mask that says glossybox on it, and two movie coupons for the movies the great gatsby and Ego to be watched at a website, and a coupon for l'occitane hand cream. Thing is theres only three stores in the whole of sweden that have it. Im luckily close to one so i will get mine. 

If you dont live near one you will have to buy something from their webshop to get your hand cream. 

Im excited for the shower oil, never used one before. Only had gels and soaps.  And l'occitane is a company i like but can never afford.

My box showed up today and I am thrilled with it. The curler is very high quality and  I am giving the hair thickening stuff to my mom along with her other xmas presents  since she loves hair thickening stuff.  The scent is a little to strong for me  but I still like it. What an amazing value this glossybox is. It is the last in my 6 months sub.  I will wait for spoiler for next month do figure out what I want to do.

Quote: Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i got my box today.  it's my last one of my not-renewed subscription and now it's making me re-think that decision...

same with me

I loved my September box, I just really wish the liner had come in a different color. I actually really like it but this is my third black one I'm gonna try to trade it but everyone has a million black liners on their trade list lol. I have thick hair but I love big hair and always use some sort of volumizer on the top of my hair before back comb it so I'm gonna give the nioxin a try. I actually really like the smell of the perfume and bonus that its a rollerball. I have an amazing eyelash curler from le métier de beaute but its nice to have a backup. And I'm intrigued by the makeup remover I think it will be great for touch ups. Best box in awhile in my opinion

I loved my September box, I just really wish the liner had come in a different color. I actually really like it but this is my third black one I'm gonna try to trade it but everyone has a million black liners on their trade list lol. I have thick hair but I love big hair and always use some sort of volumizer on the top of my hair before back comb it so I'm gonna give the nioxin a try. I actually really like the smell of the perfume and bonus that its a rollerball. I have an amazing eyelash curler from le métier de beaute but its nice to have a backup. And I'm intrigued by the makeup remover I think it will be great for touch ups. Best box in awhile in my opinion
The perfume is a rollerball? Mine is a spray.

I finally got my shipping!

Also, I posted before that I had ordered one of the past boxes (the one with Ellis Faas) and received the wrong box (the one with the Tigi blush and coffee body wash). They did get back to me and are sending me the correct box! They got back to me in less than 24 hours so it does seem their CS is improving from how it used to be!

The perfume is a rollerball? Mine is a spray.
Sorry, should have been more clear, it is a spray. I meant the size was rollerball size instead of the little sample vials. I'm my head it made perfect sense lol

Latest posts

Back