Glossybox USA! - April & May discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't know that I have an option for "I'm afraid I'll miss out on something good"...except for maybe cancelling some of your subs and channeling those funds into buying items that samplers are raving about? It's never easy, though, is it? 
Nope, never is. My mom even keeps talking to me about how bad it's getting lol, that's pretty bad. I'll have to pull some strength out of my butt and I'll make it work :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for the ideas/help, I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, never is. My mom even keeps talking to me about how bad it's getting lol, that's pretty bad. I'll have to pull some strength out of my butt and I'll make it work
smile.gif
Thanks for the ideas/help, I appreciate it.
Hey, just lookin' out! 

I introduced it to my friends in Taiwan and realized they have Burberry lipsticks for samples in a February box...... I demand it to be launched in US. ASAP.

I changed my BB to annual for that exact reason. Now I don't feel bad about having more boxes because it freed up that one $10 LOL

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll give it a shot, since I will have cancelled one of my BB's by then, and Sindulge isn't playing out well for me, and....well....waiting to see how well MG and Sample Society work out. Of course, since my primary BB is on annual, I don't feel bad about three monthly billings now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Burberry lipsticks?  Ooh, now I want the GlossyBox Taiwan, too!  Seriously, Asia has some pretty great makeup items and it'd be awesome to try totally new things.  I'd have to have my friends who read Chinese explain to me what certain things are for, though, most likely.  That could be a lot of fun.  Yes, I too am addicted.  

Love the rationalizations, btw, Calexxia.  They work for me!

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I introduced it to my friends in Taiwan and realized they have Burberry lipsticks for samples in a February box...... I demand it to be launched in US. ASAP.

I'm all about the rationalizations, cuz I'm a shopaholic to the core.

Another of my favorites is:

"Well, the subscriptions are cheaper than buying a lot of products to just test and see if I like them!" I know we all get caught up in whether or not a box is "worth" what we paid for it (Lemmy knows, I'm terrible about that) but the real reason I started subscribing WAS to try NEW (to me) stuff. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that.

I subscribed so that I could try more products without having to waste money on a full-size product. But a lot of these companies sell the sample sizes alone or with a bunch of other samples. If I get so many products Im not interested in or the value isn't optimal, it would have been better for me to not spend the money on the subscription and buy the sample packs. So the value to me does matter. But like with BB5, at first I was disappointed that the value was lower than I expected, but I found a product that I absolutely cannot live without (Rosebud Salve). So I see it both ways. Just has to be somewhat of both to be worth it. 

I definitely need to cancel at least 3 subs by next month. Obviously closing my 2nd BB after the TV box is over with. Now to figure out the other two! gah. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I subscribed so that I could try more products without having to waste money on a full-size product. But a lot of these companies sell the sample sizes alone or with a bunch of other samples. If I get so many products Im not interested in or the value isn't optimal, it would have been better for me to not spend the money on the subscription and buy the sample packs. So the value to me does matter. But like with BB5, at first I was disappointed that the value was lower than I expected, but I found a product that I absolutely cannot live without (Rosebud Salve). So I see it both ways. Just has to be somewhat of both to be worth it. 
I know it's possible to purchase sample packs, but I know that I have a tendency to play it safe. For example, I wouldn't have tried POREfessional (LOVE!) if I had seen it in a store (and none of the various "sets" that include it have things I would've tried either) nor the L'Oreal hair oil...and I dig 'em both. But I totally get what you're saying about value BEING important (Like I said, I'm horrible about that!) although not the be-all/end-all. Goes back to the rationalizations (for me): If the value of the box is higher than I paid, I don't feel as bad if nothing in it works out for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And, ok, yeah, I just really like getting packages all the time. There's that, too.

The packages a re a big part of the fun for me too! Not to mention never buying full size moisturizers lol.

Those Harrods boxes look AWESOME! Seriously, Glossybox needs to be here now!

Wow, snllama, those Harrod's GlossyBoxes looks amazing!  Thanks for posting the links, I love seeing what's available in the boxes from other countries.  I am seriously hoping that we get news of GlossyBox USA accepting subs soon.  

I love seeing the value of a box, too, calexxia!  And the packages, it is truly wonderful.  I get my packages a bit differently, though, as I fly to the U.S. every two months for a few days.  So I get two months worth of subs all at once.  This time I'll miss out on the March Birchbox by a few days and won't receive it until I go back again in May.  Thank goodness for the ability to peek at Birchbox.com or I don't know what I'd do. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It is nice to have a bigger amount of boxes to open at once, but I'd love to have them sprinkled through the month.  Oh, well, I'm just excited that I get a chance to get them at all.

Please, do start another thread on home made brews, Mad Skin Scientist!  I love honey and have done a few myself, but some of the other ingredients you mentioned I've never tried.  Sounds like fun.

Did anyone else get a Glossybox email today? I was SO excited, thinking this was it- Turns out it was just a link to their FB page :/

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else get a Glossybox email today? I was SO excited, thinking this was it- Turns out it was just a link to their FB page :/

I did and I was just as excited as you and disappointed when I realized it was FB.  I wish they would hurry up already!

Looks like only a few people will be able to try the 1st box & everybody else will start with the 2nd box.

Does anyone know how many winners they will be picking? I don't see anything about that on the site or the fb wall :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

sooo excited !!

Back