Good Moisturizer for dry, acne-prone, sensitive skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have dry, acne-prone skin too.  It's a constant battle!  For hydration:

-Drink lots of water!

-non-comedogenic moisturizers (and makeup, for that matter.)  (https://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/facts-figures/comedogenic-rating.html)  Coconut oil makes me break out, unfortunately.  

-AHA for exfoliation instead of a scrub, which can spread bacteria and cause further outbreaks

For acne:

-a mild skin cleanser.  Cetaphil is great.  I also like Boots Organic Softening cleanser, Simple cleansers, and Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleanser.  I follow with Simple Toner just to make sure all the makeup and gunk is off.  

-A low dose of benzoyl peroxide- although my acne cleaned up after I stuck to a skincare regime, I am plagued with hormonal acne especially on my chin and chin line.  I like Acne.org's BP- it's a low dose in a clear gel.  I put a thin layer on during those times of the month that I break out.

- if acne is really bad, a gentle retinoid instead of AHA could help.

And, of course, wear sunscreen every day.  Even on cloudy days.  

Products I'm using right now:

Boots Organic Softening Cleanser

Loreal Youth Code Serum (has been so great at lightning acne scars.  I love this stuff.)

Acne.org's AHA and BP

ROC 5-in-1 Multi Corexion Nighttime Moisturizer

MAC's Strobe Light Moisturizer (special occasions- it's pricey.)

Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with SPF

These moisturizers have not broken me out.  I also love Cerave, which is great for dry skin.  

Good luck!

You just need a good moisturizer hun that it. Silvex Cosmetics has a 50% off sale right now on all products.. try their Ultimate Moisture Cream and Silky Soft Moisturize Cream for sensitive skin they work very well and for a very reasonable price.

and most of all drink lots of waterrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Quote:Originally Posted by stellagreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As per me green tea moisturizer is best from proactiv.

I second that. It's a great moisturizer, very light, yet very effective. Dual Aciton Moistizier by Cleam & Clear is also great for acne-prone skin. it's a bit heavier, than first one.
I am in my 30's now, and have had super-sensitive acne-prone skin all my life. I have tried soo many things, from drugstore to high-end boutique, and I can't quit that Clean & Clear Dual Action. It is my holy grail of daily moisturizers and I am not even ashamed to say it.

Same goes for regular old Noxema for daily use and makeup remover. NOT the generic, either, only the name brand will do..the others break me out, but it is gentle and oil-based so it doesn't strip like a lot of the other 'acne' cleansers can. Stripping= dryness=more oil=more pimples in the long run.

I also second drinking lots of water..it really is key to having good skin.

Everything else is vanity as I age and treating spots.

Oils will definitely be you best choices Since you have a very sensitive skin .  I think you should moisturise with oils such as argan, passionfruit seed and avocado with using a separate, physical sunblock on top of it. With These Oils ,you are 100% sure that there is exactly one ingredient. 

For more information I suggest to take a look at Garden of Wisdom , They have the best oils for different skin types.

Check out Apivita products, it is one of my favorite companies, having natural cosmetics. Their aqua vita moisturizer is great for dry and sensitive skin.

Back