Hair Tips & Homemade Treatments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for a healthy shiny hair try this

for a healthy shiny hair try this

mix a small cup of olive oil + 1 egg +1/3 cup of honey

put the mixture on your hair and cover it with plastic cover

then leave it for almost 3 hours

then wash it with warm water

use this mixture once amonth

then you will have ahealthy and shiny hair

try this mask for a beauty and smooth skin

take a ripe avocado and pill it and take out its seeds

then mix it with a spoon of honey and a spoon of limon juice and some milk

put this mixture in the fridge for 30 min

put the mixture all over your face and neck for 20 min

then wash it with cold water

this mask will help you get a white , very smooth skin

I hope you will try it

Such great info thanks a lot 11 i will try the baking soda and see if it works
smile.gif

thank you all ladies!

there are so many great recipes and i can't wait to try them!!! *hugs*

If you have curly hair that you blow dry/iron straight regularly, you want to wash your hair as infrequently as possible to avoid this long process. If my hair gets a little greasy between weekly washes, I use this dry herbal shampoo to get clean hair without wetting it!

DRY SHAMPOO:

This consists of dried powdered orris root (available from a herbalist). It smells like violets and can be mixed with an equal quantity of Fuller's earth to make it go further.

Directions:

1.Part hair in sections across the scalp and sprinkle the shampoo on to each parting

2.Use a salt shaker for even distribution and do not rub the shampoo into the scalp

3.When the whole head has been covered leave for 5 minutes

4.Vigorously brush the hair with long easy strokes until all the shampoo has been removed

5.Place a towl over your shoulders before brushing out!

For extra body and shine use a mixture of a raw egg and a tablespoon of your favorite shampoo. Mix these two ingredients together and use as you would shampoo. Use cool water water when rinsing out. You will see a lot of shine with this recipe!! Also if you do not use all ingredients at once-refrigerate it and use it next shampoo.

For faster hair grow, these herbs and oils work best:

Burdock, Catnip, Chamomile, Lavender, Rosemary, Saw Palmetto, Thyme, Yucca

You can use them in scalp rubs or final rinses and deep treatments.

I'm always looking for ways to use natural products. This thread has been great and very informative.

Thank you!

This type of hair is very fine in texture. It is easily affected by atmospheric pollution and needs to be shampooed and washed more often. If you have oily hair, then try and keep it covered when going out in the sun. Diet too is important. Avoid fried food and dairy products. Increase our intake of fresh fruits, green and leafy vegetable and salads. Drink plenty of water.

LIME AND VINEGAR RINSE:

Take a cup of warm water and add three tablespoon of vinegar along with the juice of one lemon. Gently massage this mixture into your hair and scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash and rinse with water.

ALMOND OIL AND WATER APPLICATION:

Take half cup water, add to this a teaspoonful of almond oil. Massage this into your hair half and hour prior to your bath. Shampoo and rinse off. Note, the massage is with oil and water emulsion. Do not use only the oil.

BAKING SODA RINSE:

The hair accumulates dirt very quickly. In addition, there is a build up of shampoo and conditioner. It alters the alkaline (pH) levels, making the hair oily and limp. Here is a quick rejuvenation application. Take a tablespoon of baking soda, add to it 4 tablespoons of cider vinegar. Rub this into your scalp, leave it on for 5-7 minutes and shampoo your hair. It comes out squeaky clean, vivacious and buoyant.

COLOGNE RUB:

Mix equal parts of any cologne and water. Use cotton wool to rub this mixture into fine partings of the hair. This lifts grease of the roots. Wash hair as usual.

APPLE AND VINEGAR RINSE:

Great one apple. Add to it half cup vinegar. Apply generously all over scalp and length of hair. Leave it one for 20 minutes, wash off, rinse thoroughly.

TEA RINSE:

Make a tea rinse by boiling tea leaves in water. Squeeze in juice of one lime. Strain and keep aside. After a shampoo use this rinse. Leave it on for 20 minutes, wash off, rinse thoroughly.

Oily hair is also caused by over active oil glands. When I did Accutane for my oily, acned skin, as the oil on my skin dried up, so did my oily scalp.

Before, I would have to wash my hair daily - sometimes twice in the summer.

Now I can easily go 3-4 days without washing my hair.

Latest posts

Back