How do I clean my Coach bag?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just now hand washed my Coach Poppy bag (orange & pink tote) in the bathroom sink with laundry detergent & an old tooth brush.  OMG.  It almost looks new again.  The bottom corners of my bag were so dirty they were almost black & they're perfectly clean now.

I filled the sink with lukewarm water & added some detergent (Original Gain), swished it around, drained water & repeated then drained again.  Then I left the faucet on to trickle some water, poured out a little detergent onto the top side of the sink, dipped the tooth brush in it & scrubbed at the stains, adding a little water as necessary.  After I was satisfied with the results I rinsed it several times & now it's drying on a towel. 

I am so excited, because it looks so good!

I also joined this site, just so I could add my comment here.  lol

They have consignment stores specifically for designer items :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you might get more for it there. You could also ask your friends/sisters. my mom gives me bags she doesn't use anymore, and I give mine to my sister lol.

Originally Posted by sparklegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting, thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll be taking a trip to goodwill..

is there any way to clean the satin lining, without having to wash the whole bag? I'm pretty careless and always spill/stain the linings--I don't want to risk drying out the leather though. 

you can sell old coach bags on poshmark. It's an iphone app for selling used and new designer clothing items. 

Quote: Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They have consignment stores specifically for designer items :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you might get more for it there. You could also ask your friends/sisters. my mom gives me bags she doesn't use anymore, and I give mine to my sister lol.

is there any way to clean the satin lining, without having to wash the whole bag? I'm pretty careless and always spill/stain the linings--I don't want to risk drying out the leather though. 

I tried Tuff Stuff & it did not work for me.  Washing the entire bag with laundry detergent did (and it didn't dry out the leather handles).

I would suggest to bring it to professional leather bags cleaning service. Not too exp!

I have a fabric coach handbag, and I am very careful with it because once it gets dirty its very hard to clean.

Back