How Do You Straighten Your Hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use Paul Mitchell shampoo and condtioner... which i am fed up with, going to change when it runs out.... then i apply some Paul Mitchell smoothing serum... that i do like. blow dry with a round brush until completely dry. Flat iron with the my chi after using Designline flatiron spray.

It takes me about 30 min. even with the chi 'cause my hair is a little on the thicker side and a little more than just wavy. If i was to "gel" it up it easily turns into curl.

My hair is pixie cut right now, plus it's naturally straight, so I never straighten it anymore.

However, when I had longer hair I did it on a regular basis, almost everyday. I treated my hair horribly, though D: I would put leave in conditioner in while it was dry. I think it was called Ego Boost and it was by Bedhead. Then I'd run the straightener through it once so it was pretty straight. Then I'd spray it with Bedhead's hairspray and run the straightener through again and brush it. It stayed straight for me all day, but that may be because it's naturally straight
tongue.gif

yes, straightening curly hair is a pain. my hair is long, thick and curly/wavy but i like it straight. shampoo and condition with dove. detangle with a wide tooth comb. kerastase lait nutri-sculpt before blow drying with round brush. then, straighten in sections with a T3 straightener. then finish with oscar blandi olio di jasmine. about 30 to 45 mins.

i have naturally curly hair, insanely frizzy after going from black to platinum in less then a week last October, quite thick, just past my shoulders, all i do is put in my leave in conditioner(i use the garnier fructis long&strong line), blow dry, and straighten it in 3 sections, each section i spray some CHI Iron Guard, and hit it with the blow dryer a bit then straighten. takes me about 10-15 min.

i use a 1.5" Chi flat iron, its AMAZING. i got the pink limited edition one
smile.gif
cute AND practical!

with my old tools my hair frizzed in under an hour in the humidity, but i can do all day now without seeing one fly away.

and i dont use any special straightening shampoos or serums or gel's or mouses.

i have an asymetrical bob. i like to flip the longest piece of hair out while turning the rest of it SLIGHTLY inward [almost straight though]. naturally my hair is wavy so when its short it does its own crazy thing. but i take sections of it at a time & i style it to my liking. i dont use any products other than treating it at least once a week with a deep conditioner or homeremedies to keep damage at bay. but i use a Conair straightener.

002fbb4d_md.jpg

1. Shower

2. Leave in Conditioner [long term relationship by herbal essence]

3. Dry [ I like to let it air dry]

4. Separate into sections.

5. Use Robert Craig's Spray Shine on each section

6. Using a CHI flat iron, straighten each section, chasing the straightener with a fine toothed comb.

And Taa Daa. Straight Hair.

First picture is my natural hair.

Second is straight!

Attachment 40934

Attachment 40935

My hair is fine to medium and shoulder length. I have natural wave, slight curl so in the summer I don't bother to straighten it.

My steps to straightening my hair..

Redken shampoo for color treated hair and AG conditioner.

Joico JoiLotion applied to damp hair and combed through.

Blowdry my hair.

I divide my hair and spray each section with Alberto Vo5 heat defense spray, use flat iron.

I apply a tiny amount of Dove Frizz Control Therapy Cream to help control any frizzies or flyaways.

I usually let my hair air dyr, rarely do I blow dry it. I use Vo5 leave in conditioner which also protects from heat damage. Then once it's dry I just run my Revlon ceramic flat iron though it. My hair is very fine and wavy and straightnes easily. It takes less than 10 or 15 minutes total.

First, I use a whole array of different hair products to protect it, and prevent frizzing (Texas is too humid!). The products include many from the Sleek and Shine line from Fructis, but I also LOVE Matrix Sleek.Look - it's just really expensive!

Then, I use a Revo-Styler to blowdry it. If you have never used one, DO IT! It is SOOO worth the money! I bought mine well over 5 years ago, and it still works beautifully! It makes blowdrying a snap, and it prevents blow-dry frizz!

Then I use a ceramic flat iron on small sections at a time.
smile.gif

I usually won't wash my hair the next day after I straighten it, just so I can regain some natural oils - sleeping on it helps keep it straight too! Bonus!

Back