How Long Did It Take Before You Guys Made It Official?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I met my hub online, I would have to say we had a couple of months of online flirting, chatting, webcamming and phone calls. After awhile it was clearly apparent that we were crazy about each other and we moved in together. So probably 6 months total before we were "us" hehe. 9 years later we are still together
smile.gif

We made it official in a matter of minutes, well after we said we wanted to be together as a bf/gf lol, but it only took like a week for that, and then 7 months to get married, woot!

I knew my boyfriend for almost 2 years before we started dating...I knew we were together when he kissed me but I eventually made him ask officially but we went facebook official a month after just cause I wanted to make sure we were gonna last more then a couple weeks

It was like half a yr before he accepted me as his gf, as he was in the process of getting divorced with his ex wife

We were both getting out of 6 year relationships- so neither one of us wanted to hurry or have a label- we just wanted to have fun.... We're still having fun 7 years later ( been married for 2 years). I think it took around 9 months til I considered him my BF. oh how time flys...

It just somehow happened naturally, because we ended up spending most of our time together. The first time we kissed was when we both officially accepted that we're a couple now.

we met dec 2009, dated jan 2010, moved in feb 2010, no plans to ever marry..2 times was enough for me

Right away. It was love at first sight. We just knew we were meant to be. We met 2004 of july and married in 2006 of July.Been happily married ever since.

Me and my man knew each other for about 2 or 3 years before we started getting close and once we started talking about how we felt about each other it was a matter of weeks and we've never looked back but I think only you know when its right to make it official :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My husband and I were together a month before we bought my engagement ring, and we were married within 11 months of meeting. When you know you know. What's the point of waiting? Life is too short to wait around. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

By my calculations, I'm gonna say by the 5th date (which equals five weeks, because we went out every weekend)

How am I calculating by date #5?  Well, we met on Match.com.  His profile had about four pictures on it - two close-ups so you could see his face, and two longer shots where his face wasn't so clear, but you could see how tall he was, how he was built, etc.   By date #3, he had taken down three of the four photos, only leaving up one of the long shots where you couldn't see his face.  Now, he's not a big talker, and since we'd only been out a few times, I didn't want to grill him about it.  So I asked several of my closer females - my sister, my co-worker who I shared a work space with, and my best friend - what they thought he was up to.  They all agreed - he's being cautiously optimistic.  He's slowly dismantling his profile as he sees how things are going.  He leaves up one far away photo so other women can't really tell what he looks like, which discourages them from bothering to contact him, yet he's still technically leaving his profile up in case things don't work out with me. 

By date #5, he'd very quietly taken down his profile completely, and I did the same.  We never really discussed it with each other - when I saw him nixing his, I got rid of mine as well.
inlove.gif

Back