How many times a week do you use a facial scrub?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Roxie /img/forum/go_quote.gif For oily skin, once a week.For dry skin, twice a week and always follow with a moisturizer.

I thought it was opposite as oily skin is thicker.
depends on skin type ,too much rough scrubbing is harsh on skin.

once in 15 days is what i like.

That's what i read too, but i think you can do it a bit more often if your pores really need it.

I think the number depends on your skin. I have sensitive skin, so if I use a scrub for more than once a week, I would get inflammations and dry spots. But if you have less sensitive skin and can use more exfoliation, I would say twice a week would be ideal.

For me it depends on the season but the most important thing for me is not the number of times but the type of scrub. I no longer use commercial cleansers or scrubs on my face. My favorite scrub is honey and table sugar mixed into a paste before using. In winter I exfoliate more often- my skin is on the dry side all the time but especially so in winter. About once a week I add a few drops of lemon juice. In the summer, my skin is less dry so it's not as necessary to use scrub- I do about once a week then- but find using a microfiber cloth to cleanse is enough exfoliation. The honey/sugar/lemon scrub is also excellent as a lip scrub. I've found that many homemade skin care products work way better for me than commercial ones.

Back