How often do people use face masks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SierraWren I use a clay face mask once a week. ditto for me. i like origins out of trouble.

Originally Posted by xkatiex I don't really use masks as my sensitive skintype is not right for them. I used a sensitive skin mask the other week and it just made my skin feel tight
frown.gif
x They burn my face. The worst I ever tried was the MUDD brand. I put it on and my face was on fire, I have never washed my face so fast. I dont really need one too much b/c my skin isnt oily and doesnt break out

The Fresh Masks from Lush are the only ones that don't freak my skin out.

I use it once to twice a week, or sometimes I'll go a full week and a half without using it...it depends. Although the Cupcake mask from Lush is my favorite, I want to next try one that does not contain Talc as an ingredient.

Lush Masks Rock, though. It's like having a spa at home
cheer2.gif

I do it once or twice a week, depending on how much time I hv. I like both washaway and peel-off mask.

i use masks like 1 or 2 times a month, or whenever i think my skin needs it....after I started using Mary Kay Velocity i didnt feel like i needed them much anymore
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Elisabeth The Fresh Masks from Lush are the only ones that don't freak my skin out.I use it once to twice a week, or sometimes I'll go a full week and a half without using it...it depends. Although the Cupcake mask from Lush is my favorite, I want to next try one that does not contain Talc as an ingredient.

Lush Masks Rock, though. It's like having a spa at home
cheer2.gif

I agree. I love them. (But then again I love Lush in general
smile.gif
)
Forgot to say: I use masks once or twice a week, depending on how dry my skin is.

I used to do it weekly, but lately my skin's been dry and sensitive so i cut it back to once a month now. Plus, the fact I got lazy too. heh :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

after anytime i have greasy meal I use my Pure Simplicity Neem Mask from B&BW. I always feel like i have to or else i will break out

I use Queen Helene Mint Julep mask once a week it really helps tighten my pores, sometimes I get a bit lazy with my routine though but I also use it every night on spots if i get any.

Originally Posted by pinkbutterfly i was just curious to know how many people actually use face masks and if so how many days a week?? sometimes i use my face mask everyday but i'm not sure if that's good for my skin. thanks in advance for your input! i was thinking of trying this new face mask by JUARA that has tumeric as one of its ingredients...it sounds really interesting and i'm curious to know if it will improve the appearance of my complexion. Hi,
Depending on your skin's type and condition, one or twice a week.

I was sooo happy when they brought back St.Ives Blue Clay mask! It actually pulls the blackheads out! Its also a lot more gentle than most masks I've used (doesn't burn). I try to do it once a week. I think it depends on the type of mask and skin type.

somehow I cant convince myself to use face masks. I use them very rarely. seems like my skin is doing just fine with regular moisturizing and exfoliating...

rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif
Ohh you stuck my passion! I love face masks! I love all sorts of masks! There are great recipes in the skin care forum for making your own which can be a lot of fun. I have to say I really love Mary Kay's masks. They have a ton so whenever I feel oily, dry or need to clarify I can always find one that fits. Also they have one for your lips which is fun you exfoliate then put this great gloss over. I like to use one for my feet when I actually have time to pamper myself at home. But the face masks are 12.00 and the lip mask and balm is 18.00 but they all last well over a year for me. I use Proactive so I put their mask on every two to three days and I use a MK mask once a month to once every two weeks depending on my skin. I will usually do a gently moisture mask when I just need to do something nice for myself. Oh and since we're on the subject I love hair masks. Put in a great deep conditioner wrap your head in saran wrap and then a towel to help the heat stay in and get that conditioner activating and penetrating your hair follicles faster and in 10 minutes wash it out. Once a month to once every two weeks you have healthy shiny hair. I like All Soft Heavy Cream by Redken!

i use guinot's clarifying mask or juara's red sandalwood and milk mask about once or twice a week, and then if i have a chance every couple of weeks i'll use dior snow's clarifying mask

Back