How to get rid of freckles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't really get rid of freckles. You can keep them from getting darker by using lotions when exposed to the sun.

I have used some products by Barielle which have helped my freckles from getting so dark. They also are SPF 15 to keep away all those harmful rays.

Originally Posted by wendy29 /img/forum/go_quote.gif if you r asian, i totally understand why you wanna get rid of the freckles. I am also asian what to have clear white(its not about the color people! its about how perfect your skin tone is) skin too.

I understand as well why you feel the need to get rid of them, I very very VERY much want mine gone as well, I don't have any heavy ones on my face, but on my shoulders and arms I have alot..when i was a child i got 2nd degree sunnburn and was carpeted with blistered which turned into freckles (a girl from school thought it would be funny to put coconut oil in the sunscreen-HA-) and seems to of gotten darker since having babies, darn hormones. ??

I think laser resurfacing is really the only gaurented way of lightening them. But I am ordering a body whitening system in the next few weeks because my inlaws have been making comments about my skin so I want to try and fix it/minimise it.

But i do want to say that is deffinately a cultural thing, inlaws culture value light even complexion as beauty. (their skin is about 10 shades darker then mine anyways lol I just happen to have a few freckles)

I find freckles very cute and young looking on other women though.

My daughter used Retin A to clear up her acne and it also got rid of her freckles.

I like freckles, it's so cute. Why would you get rid of them? Just love them, it's what makes you unique
smile.gif

You can use a good moisturizer with high SPF to prevent from getting more maybe ..

Actually, i do think freckles are cute. It takes a long time to get rid of them. My mum had some freckles on the cheek, after she used pearl powder to make a D.I.Y mask( once per week), the freckles gradually faded away untill they all disapeared.

Now, she is just using the motorizing cream containing pearl powder.

As i am living in Hong Kong, i can buy pearl powder easily.

I agree with some of you guys that likes freckless i think freckels are cute i wish i had some but im dark skin hahaha.

I think theres things you can do to help fade them but as far as completely removing them....not so sure bout that one!

I love my own freckles, but the most sensible way to avoid getting them is to wear sunblock. Then you will get less wrinkles in the long run, too...

Lactic acid and Glycolic acid peels will help. Both work beneath the skins surface.

Treating freckles or pigmentation is a gradual process. Using a Lactic acid or Glycolic acid chemical will help, and you should notice some changes within a couple weeks, but the progress is incremental.

Please remember that pigmentation can only be effectively treated if you use a sunscreen. Sun exposure combined with other factors is the primary cause of sun spots, and no treatment will help without good sun protection and avoidance. Any sunscreen with SPF 15+ will be sufficient to protect your skin from over-exposure to the sun.
---
Katie

I have used a cream that lightened my freckles. I don't think it is possible to get rid of them completely with a lotion but the one I used by Barielle did noticeably lighten them.

Advanced Formula Porcelain Skin Brightening Cream by Barielle.

I'm a redhead with freckles, so I can relate to wanting them gone! I started wearing sunblock at age 16 in an effort to fade them, and it worked. I also wear a lotion with salicylic acid (mild exfoliant) every day. They are still there, just lighter now. I've accepted them this way. I don't try to cover them with makeup, because when I try to it just looks like I'm wearing a thick mask. Much worse than the freckles themselves.

ive had freckles all my life as far as i can remember... and gosh i used to hate them so much! it was just plain embarrassing plus i got teased by other kids too. they have gotten a lot lighter over time though. like now they have faded so much that u wouldnt notice i have them, especially w/ some foundation on
smile.gif

but yeah... they are there... still
eusa_snooty.gif

My sister has used a skin brightener by Barielle. They have lightened her freckles considerably, but they have never completely gotten rid of them.

Honestly you guys wouldnt want to have frecles!!! my life is horrible because i only have freckles on one cheek and there all really dark i frekin hate my dang life!!!! ugh i so want to get rid of them?? Help??!! And im only 13

HI,

Since we cannot change our own genetic component of freckling, our main prevention measures are aimed at sun avoidance and sun-protection, including

1. use of sunscreen with SPF (sun protection factor) 30,

2. use of wide-brimmed hats (6 inches),

3. use of sun-protective clothing (shirts, long sleeves, long pants),

4. avoidance of the peak sun hours of 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and

5. seeking shade and staying indoors.

Back