How to keep that red lipstick on

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nars's cruella, the red i use and LOVE, is a matte pencil (glides on like lipstick, though) and it lasts through eating and drinking, no joke. love it! no touch-ups needed.

Even most of the "long lasting" lipcolors will come off with anything greasy, basically the same as makeup remover. If you can avoid oils coming in contact while eating, then most of the 16 hour colors will last all evening. I use Superstay by Mabelline and usually it will last all night clubbing. I stick with the natural tones for day and brighter reds for evening.

Sally

For me, applying lip liner all over the lips first works. What about those new lip pencils Jennifer mentioned? Weren't those by NARS?

Good point about the oil thing. I know that the people at MAC will use baby oil (or something like that) to take those long wear lipsticks off. It would make sense to avoid oily foods, or else it will break down the lip colur, and off it will come!

The only thing I miss with MAC's long wear lip colours is a lip liner. I love lining my lips, and then filling in with a colour. With MAC, there is just an applicater tip. You have to be really careful not to make a mistake when doing the lip outline. Does anyone know of any long wear lip liners? I would love to get one to go with my new red lipstick. I am thinking of using a thin lip brush, dipping it in the long wear product, and then lining my lips this way first.

you can use lipstain underneath first, then over the top u can use lipstick. i find that if i use lipbalm or if i use lipstain then i add the lipstick on then i add a layer of lipgloss, i find it last pretty much all day.

For dinner parties i wud probably try and opt for lipstain as i know it wud probably smudge off...

Back