I need advice, please help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you qualify for Medicaid, you'll probably qualify for food stamps or housing assistance or even gas and electric assistance. Have you looked in to any of that? I know it's hard not to spend on makeup, we had alot of money troubles a while ago, but I told myself that we were going to get through this and then I can buy things guilt free, and so can you. Just look at the long term goal, makeup only makes you happy for a little while!!

wow everyone here is giving you some great advice, hope you reallyt consider and try doing them! i'm a mom of 3 boys myself and stay at home, and i swear i wanna go crazy, i cant imagine what it would be like with special needs children, but i do give you lots of credit for your patience and hard work it takes a pretty strong person and lots of love and patience and you have all those qualities!!! be proud of yourself! i think the library, 99 cent store are all great options and selling on ebay i think thats an awesome way to make extra money without leaving home, i can also relate to the living in the boomies with nothing much to do i used to live in kansas in the middle of nowhere and i couldnt handle it!! but then again i was born and raised in california!! LOL!!! needless to say i only lived there about 6 months!! LOL!! anyway is there a W.I.C. program over there? you can get free milk for your girls, and cereal and cheese etc. thru w.i.c., sometimes i want to buy certain makeup items too, but when i cant i just stay off the computer!!! seriously!!! i have to do a no mut and no ebay instead of a no mkaeup buy!!!! cuz i'll be tempted and/or i'll be pissed if i see a good deal and cant buy!!! LOL!!!! anyway good luck and hang in there girl!!!

Have you tried talking to a financial advisor? Or trying a budget spreadsheet? I have everything on a spreadsheet. It tracks everything I spend and where I spend it on. It helps b/c you know how much money is coming in, where it needs to go (for fixed costs like car insurance, etc.) and how much money you can save or spend.

you could start by not spending on things that you dont need untill you get caught up and then only splurg when everything is paid.. i use to overspend too and got in finacial ruts but i got tierd of the stress so now we have a system where bills come first and wants come second and you will enjoy shopping better cause there wont be no guilt..

as far as things to do that cost lil or no money you could go on picnics, swimming take kids to the park..

i would also say if you can find a church to join (not any) it may take a lil researching but its like being part of a family they are there for you in alot of ways and they have alot of activities for family and kids that are free and counseling, if you need food clothes or whatever the people at church will come together to help i think thats a great place to meet friends..

Ditto on this! Very solid advice.

I have gone through (and am going through) the same problem that you're having now. Sometimes you have to do without.

I know this sounds corny, but things will eventually start looking up. After going down, there's no where else to go but up.

As for having friends outside the family, it definitely helps getting involved with the community itself. Volunteer work is a great way to meet people, as well as joining various clubs and what not.

As for employment, working at home is not a bad idea at all! Find something that you like to do and make a career out of it! *smiles*

You'll find that the time passes quicker, and you'll be having lots of fun. Maybe it can be something that you can involve your children in.

*Big Hugz* to you. Just keep your head up! *smiles*

Back