I would do anything to look like her (Pamela Anderson).

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she was really gorgeous during her younger years, but yeah, she's getting a bit rough, but that's all a part of normal aging. She hasn't had that much plastic surgery done. I think it's mostly the makeup that makes her look "fake" but even then she still looks good for her age.

Originally Posted by Annia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think you are misunderstanding me. I said it was not my opinion, it is an opinion of science in anthropology. You can't say that research data is wrong. That's like saying 2+2 does not equal 4, when it really does.
Let's take the word curves out, and replace it with skeletal structure. The female pelvis is broader when viewed from the front or side and its vertical length is smaller. In the pictures I have posted, it clearly shows the opposite of this.

As for you not finding obvious curves not attractive--I believe you are picturing a hyper-feminine body. One can still have a feminine body and be thin.

Okay, the morning lecture is over. lol

Edit: This isn't theory, it is based on research data.

I know that one can still have a feminine body & be thin. Imo Pam has a feminine, thin body. I haven't studied anthropology, but I don't know if I can buy that the biggest sex symbol in the world has a masculine body, no matter what "data" you tell me.

Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know that one can still have a feminine body & be thin. Imo Pam has a feminine, thin body. I haven't studied anthropology, but I don't know if I can buy that the biggest sex symbol in the world has a masculine body, no matter what "data" you tell me. The "world"
There are people we should be paying a lot more attention to and recognizing for true greatness.

Pamela Anderson is only even known because her job happens to put her image in front of all of us on a regular basis. More exposure than the average person will of course bring fans on.

Being a sex symbol does not require one to be perfect. There are many women whom have a masculine body or face, and are still a sex symbol; there's nothing wrong with that. Being hyper-feminine is not negative, nor is being hyper-masculine, or in between.

I know it's hard to picture a female having a masculine body because people tend to have negative thoughts about it or project an image of a real man, and are not as accepting. Now, if I told you I had a masculine nasoglabellar, you'd think I look super manly just by saying it was masculine. But no, it's just masculine and it doesn't mean I look like a real man.
biggrin.gif

i guess the perception of beauty differs across the various cultures throughout the world...in the middle east and also in latin america and south asia we tend to admire the curve of the hips and waist ala salma hayek, marilyn monroe, monica belluci or sophia loren, and consider those to be the more feminine/ideal body types, as opposed to the big plastic knockers + skinny/flat hips look ala the playboy bunnies of today...pammy has big knockers and is thin but that's abt it, imo scarlett johanson is so far the best looking blonde in hollywood...i must say though that pam must hv been very pretty in her prime and considering she's in her mid 40's she still looks pretty fit and awesome...but then, wouldn't we all if we had the $$$?

Originally Posted by Annia /img/forum/go_quote.gif The "world"
There are people we should be paying a lot more attention to and recognizing for true greatness.

Pamela Anderson is only even known because her job happens to put her image in front of all of us on a regular basis. More exposure than the average person will of course bring fans on.

Being a sex symbol does not require one to be perfect. There are many women whom have a masculine body or face, and are still a sex symbol; there's nothing wrong with that. Being hyper-feminine is not negative, nor is being hyper-masculine, or in between.

I know it's hard to picture a female having a masculine body because people tend to have negative thoughts about it or project an image of a real man, and are not as accepting. Now, if I told you I had a masculine nasoglabellar, you'd think I look super manly just by saying it was masculine. But no, it's just masculine and it doesn't mean I look like a real man.
biggrin.gif

Okay hopefully this will be my last time commenting to you about this. I don't think being a sex symbol requires one to be perfect, but I really don't think a female sex symbol like Pam (arguably the biggest sex symbol of all-time) who made a career just from her beauty/body could have a masculine figure. If you think this is masculine, I don't know what to tell you. Her arms are toned, but not too buff. She obviously is very well-endowed.
lol.gif
She doesn't have big hips, but she does have some hips. Her body isn't a straight up & down type of body. Everyone knows she's got beautiful, great legs, which are long for her frame. The good majority of women can only dream of having bodies this "masculine". If you don't find Pam's body type perfect/not even attractive, that's your own opinion/preference & I respect that. I guess tons & tons of men in the world drool over a woman with a masculine body.
lol.gif

anderson-pamela-photo-pamela-anderson-6233324.jpg

2yyz8rs.jpg

pamela_anderson_baywatch.jpg

Pamela_Anderson_Shoes.jpg

8204.jpg

6000Pamela-still-lg.jpg

"The glamorous depiction of Pamela Anderson is mostly due to camouflage/deception using make-up, hair dying, breast implants, tricky posing, lighting tricks and possible airbrushing of her pictures."

You keep referring to my opinion; I have yet to state my opinion, but since you're so interested....

"A woman who is truly glamorous in her early twenties does not end up with the looks shown in the pictures above when she is in her thirties." (Just ten years later, she looks pretty haggard)

And as with you--this is my last post in this thread. Unless something else interesting comes up. Of course, I don't want to make you uncomfortable; so let me know if you are not liking this discussion. Personally, I love discussions like these, and I hope you do too.

Overall, I think we're just having a hard time communicating, but that's the perils of internet chat.

She was beautiful back in the day, but now she is an ugly sack of plastic hagbones!!! VIVA le Plastic surgery!!!!

I saw her in Vegas in August 2000, and she looked WRECKED... photoshop and lots of makeup, but in person she looks really odd- she's like 4'10 and her chest is so out of proportion, like an upside down pear. her lips were really stretched out and her natural lip line was all wonky. she was very bizarre.

Carmen Electra was at our post reception party and in comparison, she looked gorgeous!!! She's like a super shorty as well, but she looked so amazingly perfect- hair, skin, makeup... I was in total awe.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif I saw here in real life about 5 years ago when I was in Malibu surfing. She really doesn't look that good. Sorry.

^ I think Carmen is cute too, & while she might be made up better or look younger than Pam (and is by about 5 years), I think Pamela's face is far more beautiful than hers'. Carmen either looks pretty-not stunning-& feminine, or she looks very harsh/overdone imo. I think it's her eyes that make her gorgeous to everyone. Another thing is that Pamela was once very naturally pretty. Imo Carmen never has been.

I think we would all be surprised on how average celebrities would look without all the makeup and the lighting, etc.

When she was young she was incredible--remember how she was discovered at a ball game--incredible face--At her age now--after the life she has had with Tommy Lee, etc. etc. I'd be dead--she looks good.

^ Yeah she was discovered b/c she was so pretty.
smile.gif
She was just at a game, not all done up by a professional either. I think she looks good right now too. No, she's not as pretty as she was during Baywatch, but she's 40 now, is a mother of two boys, & also has Hepatitis C. She also has always been a big fan of being tan. All things considered, I think she looks great.

Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...a female sex symbol like Pam (arguably the biggest sex symbol of all-time) ... I really have to take issue with this. Think Marilyn Monroe (who imo is much more beautiful, feminine, and alluring) et al.
IMO Pamela Anderson has the most common looking face (in both senses of the word). She would never have become famous off just her face, her fame was more about the blonde big breasted persona she cultivated.

And also she is not a classic beauty in that she is not very well proportioned, certainly not in body and not in face either.

I do think she was pretty once upon a time, but thats about it.

I don't think you need to argue with everybody's posts....whether they think she has a masculine body, or they think carmen electra is more attractive. To me it comes off like you're trying to start arguments with everyone and i'm sure you aren't. You made a post saying "I think PA is the most gorgeous person in the world" and seeing as how you didn't ask a question or anything people begans stating their own opinions....I don't know if you just expected everyone to say "I know totally, me too!!!" but....

ANYWAY, my opinion is that she was a very pretty girl when she was discovered, but also very typical looking. Now I think I could still say she was gorgeous if she embraced her age a little more gracefully. I know it's her style and to each their own, but I think she looks like trash most of the time I see her.

I think she would look pretty with a cut like Jenny mcarthy got recently, the kind of long asymmetrical bob, and some natural makeup.

The more I look at her...the more her midsection, butt, and thighs really do look masculine in a subtle way.

I've seen many women her age, and older, a lot better preserved...and they did not have any of the help that she had either.

I don't think she defines beautiful. I don't even think she's attractive at all, just because she's so unnatural. Something about plastic surgery just doesn't do it for me...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've seen many women her age, and older, a lot better preserved...and they did not have any of the help that she had either. I'm sorry, but I'm not quite clear on what you mean. If you mean plastic surgery, she's only had her breasts done.

Quote:
I don't think you need to argue with everybody's posts....whether they think she has a masculine body, or they think carmen electra is more attractive. To me it comes off like you're trying to start arguments with everyone and i'm sure you aren't. You made a post saying "I think PA is the most gorgeous person in the world" and seeing as how you didn't ask a question or anything people begans stating their own opinions....I don't know if you just expected everyone to say "I know totally, me too!!!" I didn't intend to argue with everybody's posts. If someone just says that they don't find her as pretty as I do, that's one thing. I would never argue with someone who makes a comment like that. Some people are seriously reaching though.

I think everyones' views on Pamela were so interesting. Personally she was a natural beauty when she was younger.

Back