I'm desperate, (acne) long post

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use ACV (apple cider vinegar) as a toner and aloe vera as a moisturizer. This combination has kept me from developing cystic acne (let's see if it all holds true when that time of the month comes around). This method is really just about prevention.. This might sound crazy..but when I have a cystic bump (hasn't happen in awhile)..I ambush it with AVC on a q-tip. I hold the AVC to that area for 30 minutes or so..and keep on doing that until the bump has flattened out..and it doesn't hurt anymore either. Apply a glob of aloe vera on top..and go to bed.

However, I must admit..Dan's regimen worked great for me! I just didn't like using BP all the time..so I opted for this natural route. Just remember to follow his regimen exact.

I know this is kind of simle but do you drink enugh water? I cut out everything except for milk every once in a while and juice every once in a while...but mostly drinking water all day everyday and I see big improvements in my face.

Good luck though!

I am 26 and i am going through the same thing. I have 9 active piimples as we speak, and i have on an aspirin mask while i am typing lol

I don't have insurance either, and the place i used to get My Retin-A w/out a prescription (some Mexican pharmacy) is out of stock. I have tried Murad, Differin, Thomas Roth, the works and nothing works..they all are temporary fixes. You should definitely try to see a derm. Even if it means paying out of pocket which is what i will end up doing also.

I was having great results with Desert Essence tea tree & seakelpo wash, witch hazel toner, and aloe vera moisturizer, but once that TOTM comes around it no longer works.

Does your college have a health clinic? If so, they may have a dermatologist available. My community college clinic had a local dermatologist who came in once a week to help students and the visit was covered with the student fees already paid at the time of registration.

Oh, poor thing. I have no idea what product to suggest but you can at

least try those :

BIN the old pillow, then changing pillow case every day (or cover it up with clean towel and change every single day).

Frequent exercise.

Drink water instead of flavoured drink.

Patricia Wexler?i tried that it didnt work for me even if i got very few pimples. it does reduce redness tho

I agree about the dermatologist. I finally got an antibiotic in the form of a foam (evoclin, by prescription only) and it's helped me and my mother SO much! I also get facials once in awhile (I get micros) and that seems to help too!

I really would recommed to read The Skin type solution by Dr Baumann. I had really bad acne from 12 till 16. Now its really under control but it can always improve. I m currently on a skincare described by Dr Baumann and I really it has improved my skin even better! For cystic acne , I would recommend buffering lotion by Mario Badescu.

I really hope your skin to get better soon!!!!

Thank you guys so much for your support. I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long, long story.

To answer some questions you guys have had, I went to the clinc at school, and the only thing they gave me was a perscription for a bp cleanser (It looked and felt exactly like the Oxy cleanser from the store) Did it work, maybe. I broke out a little less, but my face was much more oily than it normally was and it was a bit redder.

About the pillow case changing, I do that every day. I can't stand a dirty pillow case. My roomate thinks I am crazy because I change them daily and she does it once or twice a month. (I think that's what stopped my white heads from poping up)

Frequent exercise: I try to do at least 45 minutes every day now, I didn't do this before. I'm not getting the blackheads anymore, but the deep pimples that never come to a head are still there. Plus I feel tons better for it.

Drink water instead of flavoured drink: I drink about 11-14 cups of water every day. Sometimes Its more, I love it.

I have noticed that if I skip a couple days of zinc and flax seed oil, breakouts are a lot worse, so I have to keep taking them, so that is helping.

About mario products: I absolutely fell in love with all of the ones I tried, and my skin seemed to love them too, but they are way too pricey and I can no longer afford them. I have since had to find a cheaper drying lotion :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will try the ACV on the deep pimples, maybe that will help me. If you guys have any ideas, please send them my way. I'm still battling with them. Ohh, I almost forgot, the doc at the clinic also told me to use regular dove soap in the bar for sensitive skin, and it seems to be helping my overall complexion and my skin seems to like it (no redness after cleansing) but still getting the bumps. I seem to almost have the "magic combination" I just need to find that one missing piece to the puzzle.

If you have medical insurance you're actual primary care docter can prescribe this antibiotic gel to you its called Clindamycin. My docter prescribed me that for almost a year and it cleared up all my acne and kept me clear, Its very gentle on the skin too, So it wont like strip or burn or irratate you're skin at all. Its the best prescription acne gel IMO. So ask you're medical docter and they can prescribe it to you, Give clindamycin a try you will see results!!

There was a report out recently that recommended cleaning all phones.

The bacteria from acne can live on the phone, especialy around the mouth-speaker area and where we have the phone resting on our cheeks.

Try giving your phones a good cleaning and see if that doesn't help.

I have also mentioned a prescription called Neo Medrol. I still have cystic acne and it is the only topical agent that helps when I get one.

I would suggest switching to some natural products,

maybe cleanse with pure jojoba oil.. it will also act as a moisturiser too (which dosent block pores and actually should help clear up your skin a bit)

Hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> x

I used to have really bad acne too when I was in my teens. One thing that helped me a lot is a prescription cream called "Sulfacet-R," I know you said you can't afford a dermatologist, butyour normal doctor can prescribe it. You wear it like a foundation, and it comes with a vial of brown/tanish dye that you mix with it until it matches your skin tone.

Green clay masks work so well. They remove the impurities and are great for cystic acne. I use it as a spot treatment.

proactiv really helped with my acne. also their are spas that pop every blackhead on your face to help get rid of the dirt. you'll be red for a little while but its really refreshing. i had this dont when i was like 15.

Back