Impulse Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I got a card with my order that says "get 10% off your next order! coupon code: ThankYou" I wonder if it has to match in the system to something. But if anyone's looking and wants to try, I don't think it can hurt.... I'm definitely still interested in a few things but I need to stop buying stuff because NO BUY COMING NEXT YEAR.

and not to harp too much on the but on the back was a hand-written "Thank You! <3" So that was kind of cute. I always think it's nice when they hand-write thank you's :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Imma try to get my lipstick swatches up tomorrow (have a school play to attend, might not happen) because I have 3 (I think) new lipsticks and two glosses to swatch in a minimal amount of decent light. Ugh, someday I will get a good camera... -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was tempted to post the other swatch pictures, but I'd rather post them all together. I only have picture swatches of two of the shadows, but I think most of the colors I have were already shown... I'll look and see what shadows I have that won't be swatch dupes. :lol:

I have been wanting to order from them for a long time but the samples I want are OOS. And if rather wait to try samples then buy a full size. Pretty interested in this brand.

I have been wanting to order from them for a long time but the samples I want are OOS. And if rather wait to try samples then buy a full size. Pretty interested in this brand.
I'm not going to lie, their samples are pretty generously sized. The eyeshadows ar $1.25 a sample for a 1/4tsp and $3.99 for a 1/2tsp. I think the lippie samples are like $2.45 and the full size lipsticks are $7ish. While the I've never used up an entire eyeshadow or lipstick so that doesn't bother me.. of course you get them in terrifying clam shell so that is a deterrent.

I think they do a semi-annual sale in February, where they will probably do a complete restock :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They just did a complete restock for the holidays (where I picked up @@yousoldtheworld's purchase!) but they probably will again soon

I've heard from a lot of people that the clamshells are hard to apply, even with a finger - I haven't gotten one (I've only bought full sizes) so I am a little stumped about how to increase opacity when using the samples. Food for thought!

But yeah, they restock fairly often (I'd say at least once a month, although maybe not so often this month being December and all) and have regular sales - I don't remember the semi-annual sale but I just got an e-mail a week or so ago about a 25% off sale on the Metaluxe lipsticks and they often have deals and specials posted on Facebook!

So just keep an eye out for the restock, and you should be able to catch some sort of promo!

I've heard from a lot of people that the clamshells are hard to apply, even with a finger - I haven't gotten one (I've only bought full sizes) so I am a little stumped about how to increase opacity when using the samples. Food for thought!

But yeah, they restock fairly often (I'd say at least once a month, although maybe not so often this month being December and all) and have regular sales - I don't remember the semi-annual sale but I just got an e-mail a week or so ago about a 25% off sale on the Metaluxe lipsticks and they often have deals and specials posted on Facebook!

So just keep an eye out for the restock, and you should be able to catch some sort of promo!
I havent found the clamshells to be difficult at all, I don't see why shadow from them would be any less opaque than any other container? They are a bit tricky to open neatly but the product is the same, and there is a very generous amount in those clamshells! I want to pick up more samples.

I havent found the clamshells to be difficult at all, I don't see why shadow from them would be any less opaque than any other container? They are a bit tricky to open neatly but the product is the same, and there is a very generous amount in those clamshells! I want to pick up more samples.
Sorry - I wasn't specific enough! I meant clamshells with lipstick samples! :blush:

Sorry - I wasn't specific enough! I meant clamshells with lipstick samples! :blush:
OH, well that totally makes sense, lol! I got two of the clamshell samples from kyuu..I haven't really played with them much yet but I did touch each color a bit just to swatch, and I can definitely see how they might be a bit trickier to use from a clamshell. BUT, after tomorrow I have 2 weeks off and plenty of time to play and figure them out, so I'll report back, for any potential lipstick sample buyers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Huh, I've used lip gloss from a clamshell with no problem. I always use a lip brush, even if it's a traditional lipstick.

I've got the rest of my lipstick swatches done and now of course, Photobucket is scrambling my links (apparently I had sensitive information that could be traced though my PB links, oops.) I will have to do them tomorrow.

But ugh. Arm swatches do not do the justice to the Transforma-Chrome glosses. I am thinking about doing before and after lip swatches, would anyone want to see them? I have the colors Gilded and Spector.

ETA: And if yes, over what color? Bare lips? Nude? Red? They look amazing over every color, so I'd swatch over what you think you'd wear.

The purple color samples are still OOS. Hmph lol I do want some of the darker reds and some of the more exotic colors.

Huh, I've used lip gloss from a clamshell with no problem. I always use a lip brush, even if it's a traditional lipstick.
THe thing with the lipsticks (well, the two I have) is that they are kind of hard to pick up from the clamshell, due to the kind of dry/stiff texture. But like I said, I'm going to play with them this weekend and see how to best use them! The two I got are a dark blue and a purple and both so pretty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

THe thing with the lipsticks (well, the two I have) is that they are kind of hard to pick up from the clamshell, due to the kind of dry/stiff texture. But like I said, I'm going to play with them this weekend and see how to best use them! The two I got are a dark blue and a purple and both so pretty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have both of those! Smoking Gun and Melancholy? Or is your purple a lighter purple? (I have those too, NGL.) Beware they are the two driest Impulse lipsticks I own, so don't let their texture throw you off! I'd say do whatever you need to get a fair amount of product on your lips (brush, finger, spatula - whatever) and then just work the color until it has warmed and is spreadable. Use a lip bush to do details if you need to - they come out really pretty with a little work!

(I know who has time to work on lipsticks? One of the reasons I don't wear these as often as I should)

Impulse Cosmetics Lipstick Swatches. I made some mistakes, so I have some running commentary. The first three swatches are from earlier in the year, so you get better light. The last I had to mess around in Photoshop - some of the skin and surrounding colors are off, but I swear to you the product colors are exactly as I see them. Okay, under the cut.

Part 1 - Reds and Pinks

reds_zps9d9dfda7.png

*Missing from this image, and the most recent image is the Opaque Matte Lipstick in Pandora which has literally vanished. I think the cat ate it.

Part 2 - Nudes and Oranges

nudes_zps611566f9.png

*Missing from this image is Tango. It is ALSO missing from my newest set of swatches because I forgot which color I hadn't swatched.

Part 3 - Dark and Different

funs_zps8415877f.png

*Melancholy and, even more so, Smoking Gun are the two that I find the most difficult to work with. They are patchy and dry so it takes a while to build up a nice, deep color.

Part 4 - These Losers Came Late (Well, a few of them did)

impulse_swatches_pt4_zps03b0f0dc.jpg

Okay, so in this last image both Pumpking and Chatter Box are new lipsticks and both show very true due to my editing - they are Metaluxe Lipsticks, and you can even see the metallic shimmer in the photo if you look close enough. Both are extremely pretty, although Chatter Box and Space Cadet are dupes of each other in the two different formulas. I prefer Chatter Box, because the Metaluxe is less drying. Pumpking has no exact dupe, and is a vibrant, true orange... Moon Rocks was supposed to be Tango but I forgot which lipstick I still needed to swatch until I was uploading this, d'oh. Pandora has vanished to the ether. I did Bon-Bon and Key Lime again because you can see the true colors better - they are very vibrant.

The Transforma-Chrome glosses are the shizz, and like I said arm swatches don't do them justice. I can do lip swatches, or not, whatever folks want. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, and also putting out there: Bon-Bon and Semi-Sweet are virtually unwearable if you have pale skin like I do - they will make you look dead. Definitely get a sample first but remember samples might come from different batches, so if it is iffy - pass on those two.

Electric City, Tango and Dahlia are my faves for darker colors. For lighter colors I prefer Metro, Ever After and Moon Rocks. The Metaluxe colors that I recommend are Pumpking (was LE, not currently available) or Infatuation (VERY sheer, gorgeous duochrome)

And get any of the Transforma-Chrome glosses that are in stock, even in samples. They are bomb.

It is late and I am so tired - I see so many mistakes but I don't have the energy to fix them. Hopefully this helps, even with the minor hiccups!

Back