Innocent+Twisted Alchemy Subscription (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even think to look in my junk folder, but there's nothing there. I only see the emails from PayPal saying I set up reoccurring payments.
I haven't received my shipping notice yet either. I do know that she said the first batch of orders would be shipped out on Wednesday on the Facebook page, so I'm sure we're a part of the next batch. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't received my shipping notice yet either. I do know that she said the first batch of orders would be shipped out on Wednesday on the Facebook page, so I'm sure we're a part of the next batch. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah, I think I'm usually in her first batch, and it seems like there has been *one* month since I subscribed when I wasn't the first person I could find who had received theirs.  I'm sure the rest of them are coming soon!

Mine shipped and will be here Monday since I live about 30 minutes from her. Can't wait to see everything in person!

Swatches! 

4f0f1cc8-b578-4c2c-929e-244c4fed8ff9_zpsad99691f.jpg

Top to bottom, left to right:

• Majestic Life, Illusionary Stars
  • Breathtaking Wonders, Splendor of Life
  • S.U.R.V.I.V.E., Wintertide

Ugh, the lighting on this!  The middle row as well as top and bottom right colors accurate, but the top and bottom left ones are not.  I have no idea how that can happen.  They look super warm in the photo, but they are most definitely not.  Majestic Life has a sort of champagne sheen to it under my living room light, and Breathtaking Wonders has, like, a pink-silver thing going on (Ed is on my lap, so I can't go check them under other light)  Bizarre.  Everything has sheen and sparkle not captured by the photo.  S.U.R.V.I.V.E. in particular is interesting because it's a brown at one angle, gray at another, and then in between those angles, *boom* violet sheen.  Wintertide is just *gorgeous*.  I *still* can't believe she sent it in this bag!  It's got some sort of magical holographic overlay, so it looks like it's kind of *hovering* over my skin.  Love it.

Overall, the main four shades are not what I would have expected for a January collection, but it seems in line with what Hello Waffle and Rainbow Honey sent out for their January subs, and these colors definitely work together in a nicely cohesive color range.  Thumbs up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear, if anyone ever manages to make an affordable camera specifically designed to accurately capture sparkle, they will make a killing on us! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

These are pretty! I've been thinking about trying this one out, but...I really, really, really do not need another. Ugh, if only I didn't have bills to pay...

Swatches! 

4f0f1cc8-b578-4c2c-929e-244c4fed8ff9_zpsad99691f.jpg

Top to bottom, left to right:

• Majestic Life, Illusionary Stars
  • Breathtaking Wonders, Splendor of Life
  • S.U.R.V.I.V.E., Wintertide

Ugh, the lighting on this!  The middle row as well as top and bottom right colors accurate, but the top and bottom left ones are not.  I have no idea how that can happen.  They look super warm in the photo, but they are most definitely not.  Majestic Life has a sort of champagne sheen to it under my living room light, and Breathtaking Wonders has, like, a pink-silver thing going on (Ed is on my lap, so I can't go check them under other light)  Bizarre.  Everything has sheen and sparkle not captured by the photo.  S.U.R.V.I.V.E. in particular is interesting because it's a brown at one angle, gray at another, and then in between those angles, *boom* violet sheen.  Wintertide is just *gorgeous*.  I *still* can't believe she sent it in this bag!  It's got some sort of magical holographic overlay, so it looks like it's kind of *hovering* over my skin.  Love it.

Overall, the main four shades are not what I would have expected for a January collection, but it seems in line with what Hello Waffle and Rainbow Honey sent out for their January subs, and these colors definitely work together in a nicely cohesive color range.  Thumbs up!
I am so glad you got a Wintertide.  I did manage to get an Advent calendar, so I already had (and gave away that one).  After I gave it away I kicked myself thinking about how much you would have enjoyed it for a Jan color and thought I really should have sent it to you not the person I sent it to (who as far as I know is not on MUT).  But now I will be faced with having to give a blue away,  again.  Oh well.  Bigger problems to have, right  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Who wants more swatches? Under spoiler because its kind of pic heavy.

All of these swatches were done with a brush over the Elf primer

4JDJHmzl.jpg

Left to right, Magestic Life, Wintertide, Flaming Antidote

Wintertide is more sparkly than I was able to capture, it has this ice blue sparkle to it that is just gorgeous, it screams January to me. 

KqrOnUdl.jpg

Top to bottom, Illusionary Stars, Breathtaking Wonders, and one which I can't remember the name of now.

Illusionary Stars looks a lot bluer in the jar, but I think it is a lot more wearable this way. 

nt0tISDl.jpg

These are the little baggies from other companies. Chibiusa (Rini) from VD, Copper (Cu) from Mad Lab Cosmetics, and Thoughts are Stars from Beauty For the Win, which is the most gorgeous sparkly silver ever. 

Back