Insanely Expensive Prices in NZ & Australia!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh I didnt know this thread existed until now! All I have to say is buying cosmetics in Australia is sooooo expensive compared to getting the same products from the US!! Plus we dont have a wide selection like you guys do :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I went to Malaysia last year and was shocked at the different wide range of beauty and health products they have an I thought my gosh we dont have anything! I would love to find someone in the US to get me a few things but its just not that easy... I remember a few years ago I spent $140 on a face brush by Napoleon Perdis, I can only imagine how much it would cost in the US :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sadly, cosmetics are very expensive in Australia... plus some cosmetic brands dont ship internationally WHICH SUCKS!

wow......... It's crazy how expensive things r are in other places! Makes me so thankful that I am from the US and don't have to spend an arm and a leg for a product! If at drug stores anything is over 10 bucks, I will never pay for it!!!!

No I wouldn't. That's crazy!!!! Is shipping from the US to Australia crazy expensive? I would be willing to help a few ladies out.

MAC and NARs is also i think about 20 - 30% more expensive over in my country, but no where the prices are as high as in australia. Heard from my friends who studied there that prices are crazily expensive there becoz of the luxury tax on the cosmetics....

Am envious of u ladies in the US who are able to buy cosmetics at a much lower price than us.

I am still able to afford my MAC but still it would be nice if I lived in the US and I could have bought more make up with the same amount of money that I spend here. O well... I have to plan a trip to the US some day, but i would have to save up for it. coz I know i will haul a lot of cosmetics home lol!

I noticed that there are often restrictions about sending to aus on beyond the rack, etc. Is that tax related or customs/materials related?

Originally Posted by KatieM12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not that its more expensive. what's your hourly wage? The inflation is higher in most other countries like Australia than over here in the US. That's what makes it more expensive seeming but really when added out the prices are the same.
The average annual wages are highest in the US, which means makeup and other products are even MORE expensive in those other countries because they're being charged a lot more while average wages are lower!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Average_Wages_per_Country

Maybe someone can set up a swap.. For example from USA to New Zealand or whatever place you are at. Both parties can set a budget and swap some makeup the other can't get where they live!

Back