Ipsy August 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my bag yesterday and was really irrated that two of the items are made in China. One of them is the lipgloss Hikari went into the trash. I did open it and swatched it on my hand. It has chemical smell and it is sticky. This is my third month after long break and I will be cancelling again. The other product made in China is the HD powder. I'm not sure I will be putting it on my face. The other three products were good and bag did look cute. Anyway had vent here... sorry.

I'm really happy with this months bag. :wub:

I got primer, eyeliner in Boysenberry, Hikari lip gloss in Salsa, dry shampoo (which smells a little strong but I really needed), and nude lip liner. Seeing how the lip gloss by itself costs $13, it was completely worth it this month!

And the bag being super cute helped a lot, too.

My bag's status has been stuck at "Shipment Data Uploaded" since August 8th. I'm kind of wanting to complain but I'm not sure Ipsy can do anything at this point, if it's a problem with the shipper.

Received my bag yesterday, I got:

Too faced hangover replenishing face primer deluxe
absolute new york waterproof gel liner in true red
Noyah natural lipstick in desert rose
Marsk pro line eye shadow brush
Lather ultra mild face wash

Basically the primer and the brush I am happy about, the face wash I can use for travel. But I don't wear lipstick so the others will be given away. Ok bag, but nothing exciting to me. 

I received my bag the other day. I got:

-Hikari Lip gloss in Salsa. This is more of a sticky liquid lipstick then a gloss. It's really pigmented and I like it more then I thought I would.

-Briogeo Volumizing Spray. Why Ipsy why do I get all the volumizing products when I list I have thick hair that really doesn't need volume? Yet my mom with thin hair never gets volumizing products. This went to my mom.

-Oz Naturals Face Mask. This is the only product I'm 100% excited about.

-Starlooks Luxe Eyeliner Pen. Hate liquid liner. I wish I had gotten one of the billion pencil ones they sent out.

-Lord and Berry Nude lipliner. Will totally get used just not super exciting.

Overall my bag wasn't awful, it just wasn't particularily exciting. However 3/5 is really good for Ipsy since usually I like like 1 or 2 things max. (Plus I got to trade the volumizer for the Doll10 blush so technically I guess you could say this was 4/5)

I received a hair care products in this month's bag...I do not know how to tell sub boxes...please do not send me any hair care product..

Received mine a few days ago, I've already tried out everything in it. Love it all. I just wish the oil was a spray. 

Great first bag though (in my opinion).

IMG_20150814_121244.jpg

I just went ahead and cancelled my subscription, and I'm kinda sad. I'm still enjoying Ipsy. It's just that between the international shipping cost and the low value of the Canadian dollar, I've paid nearly $23 for the past few bags and it's just really not worth it.

I ended up really liking the Hikari lipgloss and the Starlooks liner. The gloss is really sticky, but not terrible. It's really pigmented and I love the red color! Also, the liner is super easy to use and it stays put. After trying everything I'm really liking my bag a lot better.

I just went ahead and cancelled my subscription, and I'm kinda sad. I'm still enjoying Ipsy. It's just that between the international shipping cost and the low value of the Canadian dollar, I've paid nearly $23 for the past few bags and it's just really not worth it.
Me too.  I had paid for a full year up front when our dollar was better so it wasn't so bad. . . but now, it would not be worth it to continue.  To be honest, the shine's worn off this one for me a bit too.  Just waiting on my last glam bag.

Does anyone know how far back we can go and review glam bags to get points?

A while back, I never thought I would say this... but, I'm thinking about canceling Ipsy and just staying with Birchbox. So, I'm wondering if I can review enough to get a point perk. Being with both Birchbox and Ipsy for a couple years, I have grown to collect a lot of samples! and I'm just not really excited for Ipsy anymore.. and feel like my $10 would be better spent elsewhere.

Does anyone know how far back we can go and review glam bags to get points?

A while back, I never thought I would say this... but, I'm thinking about canceling Ipsy and just staying with Birchbox. So, I'm wondering if I can review enough to get a point perk. Being with both Birchbox and Ipsy for a couple years, I have grown to collect a lot of samples! and I'm just not really excited for Ipsy anymore.. and feel like my $10 would be better spent elsewhere.
You can go back at least a few months. I did that after I rage quit. The only thing is you would need to sub to get your perk sent with the bag. 

Yeah I haven't quit yet.. My plan is to get as many points as I can and wait for a perk I want.. could take a while though.. or I may just give up and quit... I am impatient  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really liked the stuff in my bag this month.  I was less excited about the face wash and the volumizing spray but they made the bag a little more interesting.  I don't wear a lot of lip gloss but I really like the Hikari stuff.  Also, I'm loving the doucce eyeliner. 

I'm still iffy on the HD color powder. It gets EVERYWHERE in my makeup bag no matter how tightly I put the lid back on.  
tK8rj5U.jpg

Back