Is this bad for my hair??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the type of hair you have - if your hair really needs the extra moisture, that's great! However, many conditioners only coat the hair with a waxy shield, rather than actually nourish and moisturize it (cheap leave-in conditioners are no different). It leaves build-up that takes away shine and, in the long run, does nothing great for your hair. I'm far from hippie status, but my colorist recently turned me on to the idea of using sulfate free shampoo & conditioner... you can really see a difference! The sulfates that are in most products strip your hair when they're "cleaning" (hence the warning that you're not supposed to wash your hair everyday) and the difference you see when you make the switch is INSANE! I think it would be really great for curly hair especially.. I received a sample of Living Proof shampoo & conditioner with a purchase at Sephora and even with the tiny packets I could tell that my hair was lighter. I know it's a bit off of this topic but I thought it might be interesting to consider.

Back