Julep September 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay then no thanks for that box.  I don't have Kendra or the Top Coat and would like them, but not if the Dry Shampoo is just gonna be tossed in the trash:/ too bad.
Yeah it really is too bad, as I love most of Julep's beauty products 

Hear hear. I tried it all the ways Julep suggested. I just thought all dry shampoo was that bad until I got a hold of Baptiste *_*
Yes me too, I tried it several times before giving up.  I feel like literally every other dry shampoo I've tried has been MUCH better than Julep's, batiste included!

Yeah it really is too bad, as I love most of Julep's beauty products 

Yes me too, I tried it several times before giving up.  I feel like literally every other dry shampoo I've tried has been MUCH better than Julep's, batiste included!
I actually really love Suave dry shampoo.  It's gone head to head with other brands I've tried like Tresemee, Oscar Blandi, Rusk, Pureology, and eva.nyc.  I like it better than the more expensive brands because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles and 'special benefits', that usually just make my hair feel dry or sticky, the other brands charge extra for.  It's just dry shampoo, plain and simple, and it works and smells nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really love Suave dry shampoo.  It's gone head to head with other brands I've tried like Tresemee, Oscar Blandi, Rusk, Pureology, and eva.nyc.  I like it better than the more expensive brands because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles and 'special benefits', that usually just make my hair feel dry or sticky, the other brands charge extra for.  It's just dry shampoo, plain and simple, and it works and smells nice.
I have Suave dry shampoo too, and almost out.  That's why I was going to choose that box.  I think I will try batiste next :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wasn't really impressed by the color selections this month, so I called to have them put me in for a skip.  The CS guy was very nice, didn't give me any problems/questions/attitude/etc. I think I was on hold maybe 10-15 minutes before getting through.

I will have to get Erin (my namesake) in the future. Lupita looked lovely, too.

Zoya posted an end-of-summer BOGO today, so I might spend my $20 there and not feel too guilty  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

He voiced my dissatisfaction word for word - and basically let them know a box full of clearance junk you can barely swap, plus polishes you already own, isn't really a gift for future reference.  I get the extra Jules I already had, the free box I didn't even really want that I ordered today, and eventually a $50-ish refund for the $$$ they took out.  Money isn't back yet.  Like they couldn't have refunded the money back when they sent out a Big Box of FAIL that wasn't what I ordered?  No.  I have to wait until AFTER I receive it to get my money back.

I've went from anger to near tears.  I'm very sick right now and polish is about the only thing I have where I can feel "pretty" every day.  That may sound silly - but it's one of those few things in life I can control and do myself.  This is just a punch in the gut.  Right before I got my shipment notice, they told him I may be missing India.  That's it.  And then to open this...  I bought India on eBay that day.  But now trying to find them one-by-one on eBay, it looks like the Sushmita add-on isn't going to happen.
He voiced my dissatisfaction word for word - and basically let them know a box full of clearance junk you can barely swap, plus polishes you already own, isn't really a gift for future reference.  I get the extra Jules I already had, the free box I didn't even really want that I ordered today, and eventually a $50-ish refund for the $$$ they took out.  Money isn't back yet.  Like they couldn't have refunded the money back when they sent out a Big Box of FAIL that wasn't what I ordered?  No.  I have to wait until AFTER I receive it to get my money back.

I've went from anger to near tears.  I'm very sick right now and polish is about the only thing I have where I can feel "pretty" every day.  That may sound silly - but it's one of those few things in life I can control and do myself.  This is just a punch in the gut.  Right before I got my shipment notice, they told him I may be missing India.  That's it.  And then to open this...  I bought India on eBay that day.  But now trying to find them one-by-one on eBay, it looks like the Sushmita add-on isn't going to happen.
Aaahhh I am so sad to hear this. Big internet hugs to you. I know what you mean. When I am down I like little treats. My aunt likes to call them "little happies." Nail polish is small but puts a smile on your face. I sincerely hope that you find Sushmita. I will keep my eyes open for it for you. I hope that you get to enjoy your Sept box.

hmmmm the October sneak peek (from what I can see)- all of the colors look very dark.  Which is fine, I mean it's October. But they all look a little similar to the next.  (besides the dark magenta or whatever) I was hoping for an orange in there, too, or maybe some crazy halloween glitter colors.  I guess we will see.  September 20 canNOT come faster.

Yeah I can't even tell what those colors are in the photo.

I wonder if that white-ish one is some kind of glow-in-the-dark top coat. That's probably asking for too much!
They already have a glow in the dark top coat, Casper.

Yep that dry shampoo was the WORST.  It only worked once for me and then never again.  
Thanks to @latinafeminista 

I totally value your reviews so I am skipping this month based on your input of the dry shampoo. The Girl on the Go box was the only box I was really interested in based on the value but I already have Kendra, already have two Julep top coats, got a Caudalie multi purpose oil from Sephora and don't need a dry shampoo that doesn't work. 

Thanks again girl! 

Latest posts

Back