K-Beauty Spa Night Sunday

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wednesday night is my mask night (as dont work on Thursday so if my face does decide to blow up like a balloon, no-one at my work will the the aftermath!).

Tonight it was thr turn of the Gold Label Repescargo hydrogel mask from the Shara Shara skincare season two set that memebox put out back Feb. I hadnt tried a hydrogel before so felt a bit weird and it was also in two parts (top and bottom). Fitted ok though and initially nice and cooling. Left it on for about 15 minutes then removed as face started feeling a bit itchy.

Will see how it goes and if any reactions..

The mask I used couple of weeks ago was in two pieces and the gel like texture was kind of weird but my skin ended up being ok and it fit ok too. I was really surprised. Hope your skin doesn't react badly to it

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried one of the Ettang modelling cups last night. A bit messy (to say the least!) but face did feel very soft afterwards - even hubby said so. Did kinda look like a zombie while peeling it off so now know what to dress up as for Halloween this year to scare the local kids lol!

No reaction today either (so far anyway) so would say they are a success...

Tried one of the Skinfood Honey Sugar Bath Fizzers tonight. Pretty strong smell initially and boy does it fizz when added to the bath (fully dissolved in less than 20 seconds and no "gritty" bits at the bottom of the tub either.

Tonight I tried one of the Juntenshi Spider Powder face lifting packs as daughter wanted me to try a "funny face mask mummy"

I tried the Take My hands Nail Sheet pack from Beauteque tonight. That was an interesting experience since I had never tried a nail mask before. I needed help getting the other mask on my other hand because it was difficult to slide it over my fingers when my other hand was already inside the little finger parts. My kids thought it was the funniest thing because the mask looked so funny on my fingers, covering the nails. It was nice because it forced me to just sit there since I couldn't use my fingers so no multitasking of reading or anything else at the same time. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> After taking the mask off, I massaged the left over in my cuticles and fingers as per instructions. My fingers are so soft now and smell so nice. I don't think my nails/hands have ever felt this nice. This is not a mask I would have thought to buy so I was glad it was in my last Beauteque monthly so I could try it. Now I'm convinced that these masks are totally worth it for nail/hand care especially mine that take a beating from housework etc.

I just found this part of the site - I usually hang out in the No Buy area. Last summer I was interested in Memboxes, but I cut myself off as I could not stop buying them. I still have some products left from that time and from the Beauteque BB Bag, so I decided to try this as a way to use them up. This is not too exciting as you ladies will have already seen or purchased these last year:

Spa Vita Berry Treatment (conditioner - Memebox Hair and Body 2)

Happy Weekend Rainbow Shower (shower gel - Memebox Hair and Body 2)

Grinif Oatmeal Scrub Bar (Memebox Whole Grain)

It's skin green tea makeup remover pads (BB Bag)

Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream (BB Bag)

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream (BB Bag)

L.Vida Lavender Oil for nails (Memebox hair and Body 2) 

I also got back into the Korean drama I was watching last summer. Last summer, I got halfway through and stopped watching. 

Words can not express how much I love the vita berry shampoo and conditioner. That brand is difficult to find, and the vita berry was sold out on wishtrend for months. I haven't looked recently though.

another fan of the vita berry shampoo - I purchased one along with the migabee honey oil wash off of someone who was trying to destash.  My precious...

anyway, last night, I had a light spa night - put my feet up in baby soft holika holika feet masks, my ice water eye gels from togospa (not korean, but you all need to try these), and my leaders blueberry coconut mask.

I was refreshed from head to toe!  And those leaders - talk about essence - I took the paper coverings and wiped my hands and arms with them to give them a treatment too!

I used the Holika Holika baby soft feet masks this weekend too. I hope it doesn't take as long to peel as it did the first time I tried a foot mask because  my feel feel dry as the Sahara, and they're itchy. I can't handle this for 5+ more days. I'm soaking my feet when I get home from work tonight.

@ChullBird  I used the moisturizing ones, not the peeling.  I am sorry that I wasn't clear :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I usually put on a really thick foot cream over night and I do scrub my feet in the shower - as I cannot handle the peel bits of skin...

@ChullBird  I used the moisturizing ones, not the peeling.  I am sorry that I wasn't clear :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I usually put on a really thick foot cream over night and I do scrub my feet in the shower - as I cannot handle the peel bits of skin...
Maybe I'll pick up some of the moisturizing masks for after my peel!

I know it's weird...but I like picking the peeling bits. I'm so gross.

OMG you guys...I used the peeling mask Sunday afternoon and by Tuesday I noticed my toes were bubbling (haha). By Thursday my feet were in full on peel mode. IN SHEETS. Just like the pictures. It was the single most disgusting/fascinating/fulfilling thing that has happened to me in a long time. I will definitely be using the Holika Holika masks again.

@@ChullBird must admit, I'm a bit scared to try one of those foot peeling masks on my tootsies. Thankfully I've not really got any really hard skin etc as I'm a bit squeamish when it comes to things like that and am not a "foot" person either (I could never in a million yrs be a chiropodist for example!). Glad its working for you though and you end up with silly soft toes

I probably should have mentioned my feet aren't that bad. I scrub them with a pumice stone every day. I mean still I know calluses build up over time, but I am SHOCKED at the amount of skin that came off my feet, with such ease.

I'm not a foot person either, for years I could barely tolerate my own, but with summer coming, I gotta get sandal ready....even though I will likely never be wearing sandals. If you're squeamish though, you'd be really grossed out because it's kinda nasty.

It wasn't a Sunday but a Monday spa night. Last night I decided to use one of the masks from the latest Beauteque bag. It was a Donkey Milk one. It comes with a cleanser, a serum and the mask. The mask felt so moisturizing and it was like a temporary botox (never used) for my tired skin. My skin looked so much better after the mask. My fine lines were gone and overall my skin just looked alive. I'm just blown away how the Korean skin care masks out perform my expensive Western brand masks any day. The Korean masks are just amazing. All the ones I've tried so far perform so well and absolutely no irritation on my sensitive skin. I'm not a huge fan of having to put the sheet mask on because I prefer traditional masks that you just apply on the skin but I've had to get used to the sheet masks because the results are just amazing.

I like the sheet masks - so quick to apply and easy to remove. When you've a 5 yr old, time is of the essence (literally) so anything that is quick is a hit in my book. More than 20 minutes and its a no-no. Hence its going to take me 15 yrs to get through all the memebox stuff I bought last year lol!

Am going to try a few sunscreens though next week - Etude House plus moringa one perhaps.

I'm wearing the Botanical Farms Salmon Egg mask right now and I try not to think about what's on my face (anything to do with fish eggs). The mask feels nice though. Slight tingling feeling but not unpleasant. Anyone else doing K-beauty spa night tonight?

Back