Kat Von D ALL-MATTE eyeshadow palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What did you use as a primer? And how did you apply it? Brush, finger, sponge?
I probably used Too Faced's Shadow Insurance, and I applied with a brush.  I also tried using it over Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphalt, and it was still problematic. 

Here it is over Audacious Asphalt:

In contrast, here is how smooth the other colors were.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did everything I could to make the gray shade in In the Know work, and I just couldn't.  Here is what it looked like on it's own.  It's like it skips or something, but I couldn't get smooth coverage:

It's such a shame because it's a really nice color.  I see what you mean about the patchiness, it's not terrible but could be better.

You have nice eyelashes by the way!

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's such a shame because it's a really nice color.  I see what you mean about the patchiness, it's not terrible but could be better.

You have nice eyelashes by the way!
Thank you!

I'm on the fence! I like most of the other KVD palettes that I have, although I will say that I think they have more fallout than they should at their price point. I like the idea of a matte palette, but somehow I just don't see myself using these colors all that often. I'd have to see some swatches first.

this palette is gorgeous! I have a few palettes of hers and I love them, especially the art of elysium kimberly palette. The brown shade is my favorite lid color ever!  But unfortunately, this isnt too enticing for me. I probably would only use 2 shades out of it. I much prefer the ludwig I already have. I think im going to pass. But tempting!

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's available online: http://www.sephora.com/ladybird-true-romance-eyeshadow-palette-P378616?skuId=1467166

Sephora also has swatches here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Kat-Von-D-Ladybird-True-Romance-Eyeshadow-Palette/td-p/461567

I wish it looked like the picture she posted on twitter, with pastels :/
For me, I like it even more than the pic Kat initially posted.  I just placed a Sephora order yesterday, I wish I had seen this, I would have definitely added it to my order.

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me, I like it even more than the pic Kat initially posted.  I just placed a Sephora order yesterday, I wish I had seen this, I would have definitely added it to my order.
It's still pretty and I would buy it but I fell in love with the colors in her picture. Oh well.

Wish the KVD line was sold here in Europe too. I got my Sinner palette from a friend travelling to NYC for vacation and now I am craving for more. This one looks very interesting, especially for my hooded and aged lids (I love shimmers but they show up wrinkles and are too loud sometimes - I am 40).

Back