Le Metier De Beaute Beauty Vault VIP - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

AGGHHH! I'm still wrestling with this one. I keep going back and forth. I'm currently sitting, staring at the checkout page. :policeman:
I did the same thing @ 6 different occasions - I kept getting to the billing section and I would hem & haw. My hubby kept watching me- then he took my iPad entered in his cc info , pressed entered , & said happy birthday!! He's the best ever- he completely supports my crazy beauty obsession - he definitely doesn't get it but he supports it... Lol! I'm so excited for my first box- even though we've all seen spoilers, I'm excited to see everyone's shipment. We should all take pics of beauty looks with each months goodies. We all do our makeup different so it would be interesting to see everyone's different looks- I love makeup playtime :) PS- someone's going to have to teach me how to upload pics- I've tried & I haven't been able to figure it out-. Thanks gals!!

I'm just not sure if I'll USE everything. From the preview, the only thing I'd use is the eyeshadow things depending on color. I don't do eye liner or lipstick and if I ever decided to for a special occasion or something I have 20 others from other subs I could dig into. I would definitely use the skin care stuff, but I hate to keep switching back and forth as it tends to irritate my skin. It's SUCH a good deal though! I feel like I'd totally regret it if I don't.

I finally caved and subbed, my credit card bill this month is not gonna be pretty between this and new prescription sunglasses 
madno.gif
 So excited though!! Most excited over the lipstick and the GWP - the current one I'm using is from F21 and cost all of 5 bucks lmao. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did the same thing @ 6 different occasions - I kept getting to the billing section and I would hem & haw. My hubby kept watching me- then he took my iPad entered in his cc info , pressed entered , & said happy birthday!! He's the best ever- he completely supports my crazy beauty obsession - he definitely doesn't get it but he supports it... Lol!

I'm so excited for my first box- even though we've all seen spoilers, I'm excited to see everyone's shipment. We should all take pics of beauty looks with each months goodies. We all do our makeup different so it would be interesting to see everyone's different looks- I love makeup playtime :)

PS- someone's going to have to teach me how to upload pics- I've tried & I haven't been able to figure it out-. Thanks gals!!

Aww super adorable!!! My mum totally side-eyed me when I told her I was signing up, but I know both she and my grandma will totally be digging through my box as hooked as I am every month lol! Every time they see me get a package they get all 
rolleyes.gif
 "is there anything in there for me?" Pretty sure my best guy friend's eyes nearly rolled out of his head when I asked him to try and talk me out of this, he knows I'm a lost cause!

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm just not sure if I'll USE everything. From the preview, the only thing I'd use is the eyeshadow things depending on color. I don't do eye liner or lipstick and if I ever decided to for a special occasion or something I have 20 others from other subs I could dig into. I would definitely use the skin care stuff, but I hate to keep switching back and forth as it tends to irritate my skin. It's SUCH a good deal though! I feel like I'd totally regret it if I don't.
I look at it this way:  If we do get skincare, that stuff is *expensive*, and chances are slim I would use it because of what happened the last time I tried something expensive -- but I would be perfectly happy to sell it for a fraction of the retail value and maybe even recoup some subscription money.  But based on my experience with Starlooks, as far as the makeup items go, chances are high I will use everything they send except liquid liner and bronzer (I even started using *mascara* about a month ago after Starlooks sent it out in March and it sat unused in my makeup box for three months!  If you knew my stance on mascara, you would know what a big deal that is).  

But.  I'm going to take the talk-you-down stance on this one:  Although this is a really good deal and only available for ONE MORE DAY, you might be better off trying Starlooks for a few months (because you're not locked into a year there, and they send out exclusively makeup and makeup tools -- and no skin care) instead of jumping on this one.  It seems like this one is better-suited for makeup junkies who want it all and are looking at this not as how much stuff you get for the price but rather how much stuff you get, period, especially before it's released to the general public.  If I was handed a thousand bucks and told to buy whatever I wanted from this line, I would freeze up and be completely unable to pick *anything* because I would be convinced I'm picking the wrong things.  This way, I am basically handed a bunch of things and told to go have fun.  This works much better for me, plus I can't get this stuff in my area, *plus* this means I can avoid the snobby sales people who consider me not worth their time.  

On the other hand, if you do sign up, you may very well feel like you *have* to use all of these things in order to get your money's worth or just because they happen to be sitting around one weekend when you're bored, and a whole new world might open up for you, which could be even more dangerous (see: my stila smudgestick collection).

I finally caved and subbed, my credit card bill this month is not gonna be pretty between this and new prescription sunglasses 
madno.gif
 So excited though!! Most excited over the lipstick and the GWP - the current one I'm using is from F21 and cost all of 5 bucks lmao.  Aww super adorable!!! My mum totally side-eyed me when I told her I was signing up, but I know both she and my grandma will totally be digging through my box as hooked as I am every month lol! Every time they see me get a package they get all 
rolleyes.gif
 "is there anything in there for me?" Pretty sure my best guy friend's eyes nearly rolled out of his head when I asked him to try and talk me out of this, he knows I'm a lost cause!
Lol...my mom is the same way. I work in a family business out of my parents home so I have all my boxes delivered there- god knows I can't wait til I get home to open then lol! Whenever I get my boxes my moms always there during the unboxing and she makes out like a bandit :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll sleep on it again and see what I think in the morning. I just ordered the Fall Fashion PopSugar box so that's curbed my "want" for the time being!

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol...my mom is the same way. I work in a family business out of my parents home so I have all my boxes delivered there- god knows I can't wait til I get home to open then lol! Whenever I get my boxes my moms always there during the unboxing and she makes out like a bandit
biggrin.gif
lol yup, every single sub box I've ever gotten it's usually split 3 ways between me, my mum, and my grandma. I looove bold/dark lip products and dark eyeliner/eyeshadows and curly hair products, my grandma is searching for her HG skincare and volumizing hair products, and my mum likes neutral/bold lip products and neutral eyes and hair masks or treatments, so it's pretty much a perfect 3 way split. Sometimes my grandma will call me telling me I have a package so I can get home ASAP to unbox, we are such package addicts 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol yup, every single sub box I've ever gotten it's usually split 3 ways between me, my mum, and my grandma. I looove bold/dark lip products and dark eyeliner/eyeshadows and curly hair products, my grandma is searching for her HG skincare and volumizing hair products, and my mum likes neutral/bold lip products and neutral eyes and hair masks or treatments, so it's pretty much a perfect 3 way split. Sometimes my grandma will call me telling me I have a package so I can get home ASAP to unbox, we are such package addicts 
smile.gif
Love the story! That's awesome how everything has a home = more sub boxes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AGGHHH! I'm still wrestling with this one. I keep going back and forth. I'm currently sitting, staring at the checkout page.
policeman.gif

I did the same thing @ 6 different occasions - I kept getting to the billing section and I would hem & haw. My hubby kept watching me- then he took my iPad entered in his cc info , pressed entered , & said happy birthday!! He's the best ever- he completely supports my crazy beauty obsession - he definitely doesn't get it but he supports it... Lol!

I'm so excited for my first box- even though we've all seen spoilers, I'm excited to see everyone's shipment. We should all take pics of beauty looks with each months goodies. We all do our makeup different so it would be interesting to see everyone's different looks- I love makeup playtime :)

PS- someone's going to have to teach me how to upload pics- I've tried & I haven't been able to figure it out-. Thanks gals!!

That's so sweet of your hubby!

Quote: Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol...my mom is the same way. I work in a family business out of my parents home so I have all my boxes delivered there- god knows I can't wait til I get home to open then lol! Whenever I get my boxes my moms always there during the unboxing and she makes out like a bandit
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

That's great I bet they love all the goodies they get from you.

I think they just printed labels yesterday and didn't actually ship them, which means we won't be getting them today. The good news though is I should get it the next day after it ships based on UPS's predictions on yesterdays mychoice notice. I am SO excited. 

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's great I bet they love all the goodies they get from you.
They do! 
smile.gif
 I love how my grandma 

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love the story! That's awesome how everything has a home = more sub boxes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Haha I'm actually all sampled out lately though, most of the stuff I've kept for myself I've barely even touched. But this sub sucked me in, I justified it as me not really having much high end makeup and the first box is such an amazing deal that I just couldn't pass it up. I can be super cheap but I also can't resist good deals lol! I blame the calculator in my head - my friends always joke that I must have one in my head because I never remember to bring a calculator to quizzes/exams yet somehow I always done in half the time as everyone else anyways.

I really hope that these boxes will go out on the first workday (so skipping Saturday/Sunday) of every month and arrive on the second.  Or go out at the end of the previous month, as long as they arrive on the second workday of the month.  I will be in desperate need of goodies on that day from here on out but too tired to want to actually go buy a reward.  I need it waiting for me at home.  Work is going to suck on the last and first two (so four total) business days each month for an undetermined amount of time.  I just keep reminding myself that I get paid time and a half, and each hour puts me that much closer to covering this sub with just overtime, so this gets me through.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really hope that these boxes will go out on the first workday (so skipping Saturday/Sunday) of every month and arrive on the second.  Or go out at the end of the previous month, as long as they arrive on the second workday of the month.  I will be in desperate need of goodies on that day from here on out but too tired to want to actually go buy a reward.  I need it waiting for me at home.  Work is going to suck on the last and first two (so four total) business days each month for an undetermined amount of time.  I just keep reminding myself that I get paid time and a half, and each hour puts me that much closer to covering this sub with just overtime, so this gets me through.
It sure looks like this first box, at least, will be shipping promptly - a picture was posted on instagram (@lemetierdebeaute) of boxes being packed:

I'm not picky about the specific shipping date, but early in the month does sound good!

They posted another picture of what looks like the lovely first box on fb as well:

I didn't cave!  I can't count how many times I have gone to the site and almost clicked "buy" and I even checked this morning to see if it was truly gone.  I know I am going to be entirely jealous each month, but I just couldn't justify needing this, mostly because I've been trying to switch to more organic stuff.  I didn't want to decide 1/2 way through the year that I just wasn't going to use any of it because of some ingredient I was trying to get rid of.  I am truly having major didn't buy it regret, though I know it is for the best.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't cave!  I can't count how many times I have gone to the site and almost clicked "buy" and I even checked this morning to see if it was truly gone.  
Yay you!  Horray for willpower & saving money.  I've totally been there before - hey Company X, please don't extend the promotion, because if you do I'll take it as a sign I should've purchased after all!

This sub is truly a bit of a gamble; paying for a whole year up front, knowing that Le Metier hasn't offered any subscription boxes in the past.  I'm just hoping that as an upscale, luxury brand, they're hoping to spoil us and woo us away from cheaper brands.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  ...And that they truly have been plotting out the boxes over the course of the year, especially as they have the funds in advance.

From LMdB on facebook:

An extremely gracious thank you to everyone who signed up for the Le Metier de Beaute Beauty Vault VIP program. We thought of this program with only one thing in mind - pamper and absolutely delight our loyal and committed clients and fans. We know that it is a large financial commitment, for each of you, and do not take that lightly. We are committed to you and committed to ensuring that your experience over the next 12 months warrants the trust that you have placed within us. We received an incredible amount of orders, much more then expected or planned, and we received a lot of incredibly motivating communication from all of you. THANK YOU! We look forward to the next 12 months of working with each and every one of you. XO LMdB
Sounds promising!

I agree, from their thank you seems sincerely and promising.  Here's another pic of the box from their fb.  

Well boo! Earlier, I got a UPS notification that my delivery date would be tomorrow...yay! And then I got another one just now that it's changed and won't be until Monday. Sigh...I hate waiting!

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well boo! Earlier, I got a UPS notification that my delivery date would be tomorrow...yay! And then I got another one just now that it's changed and won't be until Monday. Sigh...I hate waiting!
Just curious, does your order history say fulfilled or unfulfilled? Mine says unfulfilled and I don't have shipping info yet but I'm not too concerned over it yet since I jumped in late. I'll be happy as long as I get my box before I leave the country next Friday lol.

Just curious, does your order history say fulfilled or unfulfilled? Mine says unfulfilled and I don't have shipping info yet but I'm not too concerned over it yet since I jumped in late. I'll be happy as long as I get my box before I leave the country next Friday lol.
Mine also says unfulfilled but it's on the move according to tracking. I wonder if it will be considered unfulfilled until after we receive our 12th month?

Latest posts

Back