Lime Crime Velvetines - Red Velvet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enabler enabler why must you post stuff I covet??? I shall be getting this soon....must have it now..

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So my order came today and these are literally a drop of liquid lipstick. It's REALLY pigmented so a little will go a long way.

1st pic: Red Velvet on left, Suedeberry on right.

2nd pic: I turned the camera so the same drop of Suedeberry is on the left and Red Velvet is on the right.
Loooooove! Im excited to receive mine as it was projected to be delivered today, but ALAS! It is in another town! It was already lodged to our local post office, then sent it to a town north of where we live. Lucky me.
scared.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So my order came today and these are literally a drop of liquid lipstick. It's REALLY pigmented so a little will go a long way.

1st pic: Red Velvet on left, Suedeberry on right.

2nd pic: I turned the camera so the same drop of Suedeberry is on the left and Red Velvet is on the right.
Poor Zadi, a vampire managed to get a chomp on her. No seriously... holy mother of pigmented lippies!

I love reds, but never get them because I feel like I need lusher and fuller lips to pull them off.. silly, because I see them on other lovely people who don't have mega pouts and like it. Need to take the plunge and get over that oddity plaguing my conscience, so I can be vampy-luscious too!

Yup, a lipstick vampire got me. LOL Oh and these smell yummy, like vanilla cupcakes.

I played around with it a bit and found if I want it more sheer to use a bit of my One Love Organics Skin Savior which means if you want it glossy or not so matte use a lip balm or clear gloss. LOVE these and already had to swat my eldest's hand away when she saw it. LOL

I got both but tried the Red Velvet first. Ahhh, it's crazeeeeee! I just cant get that look from the photo though, maybe I have to pile it on to look much like that. It's so pigmented that i cant take off the swatch on the back of my hand.

To anyone who owns the Red Velvet Velvetine already, how dark is this red? I want to buy this but it will be my first red lipstick and I'm a little nervous.  I have thin lips so I don't want it to be too dark and make my lips look smaller? And does it look better on more cool-toned or warm-toned skin?  Also is it drying and does it bleed at all?  Do you recommend using a lipliner with this?

Back