Liquid VS Pencil Eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since alot of people have recommended fluidline Mac, I think I will get it :-D I just have to practise at home and get used to it.

Any suggestions on what colour I should get?? Black??

I've used liquid since the first time I put on make up. I thing it gives a bolder color, precise lines, and very simple, like drawing on paper.

me too. i started with pencils because i always mess up this part. they're easier to apply. i prefer liquid for dramatic looks.

I love BE powder eyeliner. I apply it with a flat angled eyeliner brush. You can use it dry for a softer look or wet for more dramatic. It lasts all day either way. I have strayed from the BE foundation (too many problems with the bismuth all of a sudden) but I plan on getting more of their eyeliner shadows.

lol... I know I said this already

but I cant wait to get Mac fluidlines!!!!! =D

I dont like liquid because I dont have a steady hand to hold it or the patience, I've become very good with Pencil and its just easier.

But go give it a go!

I have been wearing Liquid eyeliner since H.S. because it was what my mom used and i borrowed lol. I tried a pencil once, but the look wasn't dramatic enough for me.

Its funny because i brought a liquid with the felt tip pen for the very first time recently, and i am not used to it at all! It felt very strange.

Totally agree with rlise!

I'm a klutz and could NEVER do a liquid eyeliner without making a mess.

So I tried pencil liners, but they tend to smudge and it was really frustrating!

I purchase Benefit She Laq a few months ago, it's a make up sealer (around $24?), and you can apply a very small amount over your eyeliner to prevent smudging.

This worked very well for me, until I found MAC fluidline, and man, it's so foolproof that it's the best solution I've found so far!

Liquid liner(applied w/ a good brush) can be very easy to put on and results in a clean,precise line...And imo the classic "smokey eye" or a more subtle eye is best done w/ a pencil since a pencil can form a much softer and smudgier line than the liquid.I prefer pencil liners, and like gels the best of all.

If you've never tried liquid liner before you may find a cheap one will put you off forever! I was put off for years after trying a crappy one when I was a teenager! A good, cheap liquid liner that I find works well and stays well is the Bourjois. It has a nice fine brush that's relatively easy to use too, and comes in about 5 colours.

Tip: when you first buy a liquid liner you'll find that when you pull the brush out of the tube there's too much product on it. Wipe it off on the inside of the neck of the tube, then draw on the back of your hand to make sure it's giving a clean, easy line. Too much product on eye = blobby mess!

thank you for your tip :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I will try and see if I can get some samples

Do you think Mac does free sample for its fluidline eyeliners???

to start I'd recommend blacktrack and dipdown (dark brown). some days you may find black to be too dark ...

ok, so those two are to START, after that you can get all the rest :laughing:

I got some and haven't had the chance to try them out yet.

Thanks for sharing! I was wondering about the lasting factor too!

i also use the revlon colorstay liquid eyeliner...it is greatt!!!......once i apply in the am it never smudges or smears...it stays put till i take it off at the end of the day...its wonderful!

i use revlon colorstay too. I think it's a lot easier to use.

When I got out, I love using liquid, only because It stays so nice and defined and I also love using it over false eyelashes to make my lashline more defined if I'm going dramatic. But pencil is always a friendly and always very easy to carry around and re-apply. The thing with liquid liner? It doesn't come off till you wash it off! =D

muahaha someone gave me a MAC powerpoint eyeliner, is that any good?

Back