Loot Crate

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 I was thinking that, even if it comes with some things I don't really care as much for, I can ALWAYS find use for it as a gift.  I was actually even thinking about subbing for a few months as a Christmas gift to my (equally-nerdy) husband.  I have the survival guide already that came in your earlier crate, but that tee is amazing (do you provide sizes in advance?  I'm wondering if I can be a total jerk and sign my husband up as a size S so I can snag all his shirts hahaha.  To be fair, it sounds like a jerk move, but he actually doesn't wear tee shirts that often since he works a job where a button up shirt is required, whereas I own a boba tea (bubble tea) cafe/bakery that's about to open and can wear whatever I want to work!

I signed up for November just to be entered for the mega crate with an xbox one and ps4. I plan on canceling after... While most is cute/giftable, the reality for me is my nerdy friends don't need or want this stuff, and with my job I end up getting a lot of these types of things free anyway. Unless they manage to pull out all the stops on November's box, past boxes indicate I will not be too excited.

You do get to pick sizes when you sign up, and they have gender specific sizing. You could pretend it's just a crazy coincidence that the shirts always fit him funny, lol!

Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You do get to pick sizes when you sign up, and they have gender specific sizing. You could pretend it's just a crazy coincidence that the shirts always fit him funny, lol!

I like the cut of your jib!

I've been meaning to sign up for this, but after a serious of unfortunate events, I still haven't. Soon Loot Crate, soon you will be mine! And my boyfriends. Cause we're nerds. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaMaven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am anxiously awaiting spoilers for November. I seriously hope they do something Dr Who themed. Pleeeeeaaaase do something Dr Who themed! 
I think they did a Dr. Who theme earlier this year.

Quote: Originally Posted by eucala08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think they did a Dr. Who theme earlier this year.
I saw that and I think my son will be disappointed that he missed it.  I wish it were like some sub boxes where they have older months' boxes that you can continue to purchase after the fact.  Yeah, you'd miss out on the mega crate lottery, but you could still pick out the older stuff that you knew would be a hit for gifting purposes.

It looks like they changed shipping companies, so mine is taking a really long time to get here this month. Booo! It would be nice if they at least had one or two Doctor Who items in it for the anniversary. 

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It looks like they changed shipping companies, so mine is taking a really long time to get here this month. Booo! It would be nice if they at least had one or two Doctor Who items in it for the anniversary. 
It does have a blue balloon with a tardis on it, and a small decal of the "public police box" logo.
Does anyone know how the mega crate thing works? I think i remember seeing something about being given a number.... I haven't seen any number anywhere.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It does have a blue balloon with a tardis on it, and a small decal of the "public police box" logo.
Does anyone know how the mega crate thing works? I think i remember seeing something about being given a number.... I haven't seen any number anywhere.

No idea.  I don't even know how the mega crate works.  I looked up an unboxing of this month's crate, since it's for my son and not me.  Looks like fun.  

Anyone still getting this? It was an ad for me on facebook and it mentioned a Heroes crate and had a picture of Groot which is definitely making me consider subbing!

I & my partner are subscribed. I've already cancelled once because the items are simply not worth it in my opinion, but the themes keep me coming back. They seem to be getting more popular and it's been translating into better boxes, which is nice. The Adventure box (two months ago?) was good, and the Villains box (last month) was good but not my style. The big-ticket items (big figurines, t-shirts) are great if they're from a series you like, while the mini items just kind of... suck, the majority of the time. Grab bags, stickers, temporary tattoos, dice, and so on.

For the price, it's a decent deal, especially if there's a t-shirt involved. But it's certainly not my favourite and I plan on cancelling once the next box (Heroes) arrives.

I want to get a Loot Crate subscription for my hubby but I hate their $6 shipping! No way I would pay that for a $14 box :/ I wish they had free shipping coupon codes.
I don't like paying for shipping in general. 
The boxes look fun thou =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nerd Block were doing grab boxes (old stock but at reduced price) think it ends this weekend though. Includes all their boxes and jnr ones too. Great if you want to try a box before committing to a subscription.

Most of the geek/gamer boxes charge shipping.Therefore, in my mind, Loot Crate costs $19.95, Nerd Block is $29.49, 1up is $18.92 etc. Hero Crate has free 2-day shipping. I can't think of any others that don't charge for shipping.

Back