Luxor Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gosh, there are a few negative nellies on MSA re this box. :/
I thought it was just me. They were like that with the January box, especially regarding the mug. I remember someone finally said "just because you wouldn't pay $45 for a mug, doesn't mean it's not worth that much." I loved that!

aihutch, on 09 Feb 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:I thought it was just me. They were like that with the January box, especially regarding the mug. I remember someone finally said "just because you wouldn't pay $45 for a mug, doesn't mean it's not worth that much." I loved that!
Same here although the comments about the handbag smell and look have me a little worried.  Luckily I don't have too long to wait.

Received my box a short while ago and wow does that bag smell like chemicals.  I have it out in the garage but the smell is so strong everything it touched smells.  Overall it was a good box but there's no way that bag is worth $300 - a few comments have indicated that the bag was for sale by the designer for $80 which is definitely more in line.   

Received my box a short while ago and wow does that bag smell like chemicals.  I have it out in the garage but the smell is so strong everything it touched smells.  Overall it was a good box but there's no way that bag is worth $300 - a few comments have indicated that the bag was for sale by the designer for $80 which is definitely more in line.   
I looked on his website and it has it for purchase for $320.  Mine is supposed to be there today also.  Hmmm concerned about the purse smell.  Someone said they are returning theirs and disputing it because of the over priced items and the purse smell!  Did you eat any chocolates yet?  I hope the smell does not ruin the taste of those.

jenny1973, on 10 Feb 2016 - 2:11 PM, said:I looked on his website and it has it for purchase for $320.  Mine is supposed to be there today also.  Hmmm concerned about the purse smell.  Someone said they are returning theirs and disputing it because of the over priced items and the purse smell!  Did you eat any chocolates yet?  I hope the smell does not ruin the taste of those.
A few of the individuals had indicated that the $80 was listed on his instagram account - it's a cute bag just not worth the $320 price tag (b/c of size and leather) but I still think the entire box together is well curated.  Re: the chocolate, they definitely had the same odor so I am just leaving them alone for a day or two. Luckily my Yuzen box also arrived and I tried those chocolates (yummy).

Sigh. Can't even read about this anymore.  He didnt sell it for $80. He was sent hate mail (including racial remarks) over all of this confusing information posted. Feel free to read the 2 responses on the 2 MSA threads (one about the spoiler and one about the box).  Sorry - but just feel bad for him. I have friends that are designers and this could just as easily have happened to them.  He's just a person. 

Did anyone else have the odor w/ the throws? Both of mine were like that.  I just aired them out.  Curious... 

Sigh. Can't even read about this anymore.  He didnt sell it for $80. He was sent hate mail (including racial remarks) over all of this confusing information posted. Feel free to read the 2 responses on the 2 MSA threads (one about the spoiler and one about the box).  Sorry - but just feel bad for him. I have friends that are designers and this could just as easily have happened to them.  He's just a person. 
That's just pathetic. He can sell his products on his personal IG page at any price he wants, it has nothing to do with his corporate page. I've only been subbing for about a year and I see so much entitlement in some of these comments. Don't get me wrong, some are completely justified, but others refuse to admit the value of something may be higher than they are willing to pay or live on a planet where retailers don't inflate the value. I can't even imagine what must be going through someone's mind to get racial over a bag.

I received my box yesterday, and I guess I need to open tonight when I get home and start airing out the bag and other items!!!! Arrrrrgggg.  But that is ok.  The bag is very cute and I normally don't carry a large bag because I just keep adding to it!!!!  I am surprised that this box only had 5 items in it, given the price of the box.  It seems that their LE boxes are a hit or miss.  This may have been a miss for some, it is like the CFDA box all over again, just on a smaller scale. I have re-signed up for their petite box, I just could not justify 95.00 anymore on a box and not use all items.  As far as designers lowering prices on IG pages, that is their right to do that, but it does leave a bitter taste in some mouths that Luxor Box inflated the price? It does not bother me, I just like to receive boxes that have items I would not think to purchase or may not have the extra to purchase individually.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@jenny1973 I didn't think Luxor inflated the price, he's selling it for the price Luxor quoted on his website. The $80 was on his personal IG for friends & family only. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I thought his explanation on MSA made sense.

jenny1973, on 11 Feb 2016 - 2:11 PM, said:OK, so I just pulled up MSA, and that poor designer (Brandon Blackwood) posted a message on that forum to calm down all those hot tea kettles! 
It does seem like some of those posting on MSA went a little crazy and hunted down his instagram account too.  I haven't read it in a while but it's sad if he had to post a response on the site.  I agree some of the more expensive boxes are hit or miss, I definitely feel that way about the PS LE boxes. 

Re: the bag - I aired it out last night and it's getting much better.

Re: the bag - I aired it out last night and it's getting much better.
Ditto, and although it's way out of my normal zone, I am really looking forward to rocking it!

And maybe I'm in the minority but I *love* the Meredith Hahn necklace. I chose the silver and it's a really nice piece. I disagree with others who've said it feels like an inexpensive piece, to me it's seems very high quality. I'm wearing it very happily today.

I could have done without the cheap-looking wine stopper and tray, but maybe I can gift it to someone if no one wants it in trade.

My box arrived today.  I love the necklace.  Got the gold.  I  like the tray and stopper will use tray as candle holder.  The bag is horrible to me . I don't know where to even begin.  It is so small I cannot even put my phone in it.  Its not pretty.  Looks like plastic.  Everything else was a win for me.  

Latest posts

Back