MAC vs. Sephora

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sephora by a landslide. I don't leave near either one anymore, but if I am going to order online or go to a store while I'm in the area, I choose Sephora every time.  I don't find MAC products to be anywhere near worth the price, and I find the service to be snooty. I like the variety at Sephora. I honestly feel like MAC is more of a status thing than anything, and I personally don't care about any of that.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ulta is just flat out rude people that watch my every move when I'm there like they think I shouldn't be allowed to wear makeup or something. They are super unhelpful. It is the same exact way at the MAC counter.
I've never been to an Ulta, but this is how my experience with MAC has been. Luckily I don't care enough about the products to care that I'll be choosing something else.

Sephora. I love MAC lipsticks,eyeshadows and many of their products but I hate the wannabe makeupartists who work there. My pet peeve are biddies who try to force their opinion on you. Alot of my darker skinned/lighter skinned african american friends said each time when they go to mac they always recommend NC45! as if all black people are to use that foundation! When you go to mac, you better know what youre buying and doing! they get intimadted when they see your face look perfection! but when you dunno what you want or what suits you..thats how they play with you. Get you some muddy/dark/orangey foundation or push thier horrible makeup skills on you. I do makeup professioanlly, so I see through them. They dont phase me. Sephora is great when it comes to variety but they still have biddies working the counters! AGAIN, you have to know what you wan tand what you like on yourself If youre there for a certain foundaion..GET IT! dont go there not knowing what to do! I just laugh to myself when I see some poor soul ask them what looks best on them. Of course I dont wanna generalize, but the ones I see..are despicable. I dont even know how they got hired.
You "laughto yourself when you see some poor soul [ask for advice]? And you wonder how the girls at Sephora and MAC got hired? Probably because they have good people skills and are not mean, like you. Wow.

As a young teenager, I get ignored at a lot of makeup stores. I was with my sister and three of my cousins, and we went to both MAC and Sephora. The people at MAC were rude and completely ignored us, despite the fact that there was only 3 other customers in the store... we left after about two minutes. At Sephora, they were busier, but they still took the time to check up on us, try an eyeshadow on my sister, and get a foundation sample for me and my cousin. PLUS, Sephora has different brands, which means they have a nice range... (eyeliners started at $5 and went up to about $35, depending on the brand) I bought an eyeshadow, and the cashier signed me up for a Beauty Insider card even though there was a line. She treated me like an adult :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I pick Sephora! I don't own anything from MAC currently, but I don't plan on owning much from there.

I like some MAC products like lip glass and eye shadow.  I may try their foundation etc.  But I will always love Sephora for fragrance, body care, skin care and products that are hard to match like UD eyeliners.

Back