Makeup for Asians?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm asian with dark brown skin tone, and I love wearing purples, blues, greens, blacks and browns, golds... I never wear reds, I look weird in that color as well as a few other brighter colors out there... Sometimes i'll do it for fun but for the most part I try to stick to the darker colors... I don't have the normal asian eyes though... My eyes are rather large LOL...

Originally Posted by Paradoxismminnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

>w<

My eyes are small as well...nicely shaped, but very small.  From experience, does wearing eyeliner on top and on the outer half of the bottom make your eyes looks smaller?
My eyes are actually pretty big for asian eyes but I still tend to only line the top.  I don't use mascara on my bottom lashes either.  When I do smokey eyes I do line my waterline but that's the only time.  Sometimes I'll line my waterline with a light nude color to widen them

This year we have seen red lips and smoky eyes, on red carpet, its mean that this type of combination is only for very special occasions. Bold eye is the most dramatic and classic eye makeup idea for fall 2011. In winter you can use Metallic colors for bold eye makeup. This year we have seen red lips and smoky eyes, on red carpet, its mean that this type of combination is only for very special occasions. If you know how to apply eye shadow correctly. Here, I answer this question and many more. So you have to be sure that the colors you use are blended carefully and properly. Smoky eyes makeup holds a prime importance to give you a glamorous look. Even the simplest eyes makeup can look smashingly wonderful if the eyes makeup application is proper and correct. Here are easy to follow simple 5 steps for eyes makeup application:
Untitled-11.jpg

1. Apply concealer that matches your skin tone. Concealer hide your under eye circles. This will give you the smoothest, longest-lasting coverage.

2. For smokey eye makeup select dark colors like black, dark brown, gray and dark purple. Apply brownish or dark eye shadow on the ball of your eye and blend it well. While doing your eyes makeup, it is very important to choose the right colors for eyes makeup application according to your dress and party type.

3. If you want that your eyes look bigger or more wider then apply light golden color on the inner corners of eyes. To give a natural look to your eyes makeup, blend the colors well into each other.

4. Kohl is one of the best eyeliner that enhance the shape of your eyes. Apply eyeliner just above your upper lash line, making the line slightly thicker in the center.

5. The final eyes makeup application step is mascara. Apply lengthening mascara and black volume mascara at the bottom and upper lashes.

I do line my top and lower depending on my look, but if I really want to widen my eyes and not make them look kind of sultry I tend to tight-line instead of line the lash line. Or I line the lash line and completely blend it into the shadow. Kevyn Aucoin's looks are definitely somethingI would suggest you check out! He was a master at contouring and shading no matter the shape, size, color, or quirkiness! He has one technique where he tight-lines upper and lower, then lines upper lash line and smudges it out, then applies neutrals over it that fade out from the lash line. So pretty and effective for drawing the eyes in without making them look "heavy". If you ever want to pick up a great book get Making Faces!

Originally Posted by Paradoxismminnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

>w<

My eyes are small as well...nicely shaped, but very small.  From experience, does wearing eyeliner on top and on the outer half of the bottom make your eyes looks smaller?

I'm not sure about you, but my mum told me i look like i've been beaten up when I wear brown eye shadow.

I tend to stick to purple, vintage bronze, and sometimes a hint of blue.

line your eyes top and bottom lashline, apply your eyeshadow a little over the crease (so when you open your eyes you can still see a bit of it... it's tricky on asian eyes... so make sure you blend blend blend)

then work it on your lashes!

Back