Makeup Stashes & Organization

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a mini 3 drawer set like you've all seen and then I got a really great cart at Joann's for the rest of my stuff... It all fits in there...  I want to get one more just like it - I love it that much. Joann's always has 50% off coupons and you can price match with AC Moore, Michaels, etc.  I don't see it on their website anywhere so I plan to get another as soon as I get my hands on a coupon in case they stop selling it. The drawers are all the same size and the top of it has little dividers too on it which is REAL nice.   It is available from amazon and other stores online.  My biggest issue with my storage space is that it has absolutely TERRIBLE lighting. I love that its in my bedroom but I'm thinking of moving it into a spare  room with better light.

31OgyLSWUQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  This is the cart I got from Joann's.   They had it in store for $50 and I had a 50%off coupon. Its very sturdy for what it is...

I also have these trays I picked up at Christmas Tree Shops:

I would prefer the acrylic ones, maybe some time in the future. Right now I'm happy with what I have. I don't have a lot of room and this works well. But I have big ideas for the future haha

Originally Posted by greeneyedlady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love the plastic drawers! My only issue is 'the wobble" like pulling one out to hard/fast will cause the others on top to fall. I'm too impatient loll!

LOL! OMG! I have the same issues - I thought I was the only one that couldnt stand the way they open since everyone seems to be using them all up!

The drawers I have on the bottom are pretty wide (as you can see) so I don't really have that wobble problem as much as I used to. I had the drawers you see on the top then an even smaller set on top of those and the wobble drove me crazy cos I always thought everything was gonna crash lol

I ended up putting tape tightly around the entire thing to tighten the "grip"  I haven't had any falling problems yet.

let's try this again:

I use a mini 3 drawer set like you've all seen and then I got a really great cart at Joann's for the rest of my stuff... It all fits in there...  I want to get one more just like it - I love it that much. Joann's always has 50% off coupons and you can price match with AC Moore, Michaels, etc.  I don't see it on their website anywhere so I plan to get another as soon as I get my hands on a coupon in case they stop selling it. The drawers are all the same size and the top of it has little dividers too on it which is REAL nice.   It is available from amazon and other stores online.  My biggest issue with my storage space is that it has absolutely TERRIBLE lighting. I love that its in my bedroom but I'm thinking of moving it into a spare  room with better light.

31OgyLSWUQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  This is the cart I got from Joann's.   They had it in store for $50 and I had a 50%off coupon. Its very sturdy for what it is...

I also have these trays I picked up at Christmas Tree Shops:

Originally Posted by NotAVampireLvr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that's so weird - when I preview the message its all there... but when I click submit its POOF gone.

Ugh that's happened to me before, I don't know if it's because I copied and pasted instead of saving...

I was just on Amazon looking at the acrylic drawers and I found vanities. They're gorgeous! And under $50 (some of them).

i'm kind of one of those freaks who likes to display all my makeup so i can see most of it at any given time. i do this because i spend so much time doing makeup that i like to be able to scan the table in front of me for what i need and do it quick. do anyone know of a good shelving or stair-like type shelves that are freestanding? i was thinking a stairway type shelving would be great to lay everything down on and it's out in the open. i HATE digging through boxes and other plastic containers, it drives me bonkers...any suggestions??

xina - if you have a flat workspace, I suggest the acrylic displays... along with acrylic trays spread out nicely in your workspace... when I get back from Karate I'll try to upload pics of what I'm talking about.

Yeah - you might have to go acrylic if you like to "see" everything.

This is a jewelry display box - but I prefer this size because its not soo deep or long... so you can lay the palettes flat/one for each drawer and just pull them out and use them as opposed to storing them closed one on top of each other.  Am I making sense?

If you really want to go all out - you can line these shelves with magnets and make this one big palette box.

I am going goo goo ga ga with this thread! Such fantastic and creative ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have a lot of makeup as I live in a small studio (about 20m2) with my boyfriend so until we move I won't be able to properly "set up." For now this is what I have

Top drawer all things lips, bottom drawer a couple of mac palettes and a few of my new found love for Barry M dazzle dust eye shadows. Lighters are to heat up my curling spoon and eyelash curler.

Here, everything that didn't fit in the cubby hole

Most of you have read me whine about how expensive the UK is and well... the tiny drawer box was £6 = $10 usd on "sale" sigh... Oh dollar store where are though =(

Back