Mascara--Should I or shouldn't I?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've got the money to splurge, I say go for it. If you think the drugstore brand is comparable, go with that and splurge on something else. Personally, I have never and will never spend more than $10 on a mascara. I'm loving One By One right now, it's amazing!

The mascara I use and love now is Korres vitamin B5, I love it because it won`t run into my eyes,. They always water and Clinique physically hurts! This one makes them look dramatic and allot longer than they are without clumping I got it at Sephora on sale for 10 bucks but am unsure how much it costs regulary!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love the idea of guessing which is which and CAN`T WAIT!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i'm strucked in the same dilemma at the moment!!!! i got a sample of the lancome hypnose mascara a while ago and i loveddd it.. it's one of my fav wash off mascara. it's $52 here.... and  blergghhh i'm trying to weight my options i really want the mascara. so i decided to either buy it when it's on sale. or save up some gift cards and use it on the mascara :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's worth it! the maybelline mascaras reacted on me

Originally Posted by ls820 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm strucked in the same dilemma at the moment!!!! i got a sample of the lancome hypnose mascara a while ago and i loveddd it.. it's one of my fav wash off mascara. it's $52 here.... and  blergghhh i'm trying to weight my options i really want the mascara. so i decided to either buy it when it's on sale. or save up some gift cards and use it on the mascara :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's worth it! the maybelline mascaras reacted on me

$52????? That's way too much imo. I wouldn't even consider. Maybe you could order it online for much less.

I believe that she is so "into" her mascara that the investment would be well worth it for comfort and confidence building. . . However it won't last nearly as long as a brand that she doesn't really like and have faith in. . .she will use more of it because she is in love with the look it creates and isn't that what makeup is really all about????

Marilyn in Dallas

I've heard Maybelline Falsies Volume Express mascara is a pretty decent drugstore dupe for hypnose

Personally, I couldn't spend that much on mascara  no matter how great it was. 

But, if you look at it this way, you'll be spending far more trying to find your drugstore HG if you keep searching and purchasing, if this is the one and your pocketbook is ok with it, I say buy some! You can always save it for special dates/occasions and use the others too. that might make it last longer

If you're a mascara junkie and if you wear mascara everyday, then I say splurge on it!

I personally won't spend that much money on a mascara because I don't really use it everyday. Usually I just curl my lashes and leave the house. And otherwise, I found several drugstore mascaras that I love, so I don't see any point in finding a more pricey alternative. But since LashBlast and Voluminous (my HGs) are not working for you, then go get it.

Latest posts

Back