Mineral Makeup for Older skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dlwt2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am 48 and just ordered some mineral makeup. If you are older which company has been best for you?? I wanta try a bunch and find the best for me
sheep.gif
I think you have to try boutiqe.. there is vit e in the foundations..

I'm 49 y/o with dry skin. I started out several years ago with Bare Escentuals--made my wrinkles show up more, too chalky, and made my skin itch everytime I got hot. Since then I've tried several other companies, but seem to keep going back to Pure Luxe. It looks natural, she has beautiful shadows and blushes, and I adore her powder Eraser. The powder Eraser is one product I will never be without. I mix her original eraser and her tinted one in a 2:1 ratio.

I've used EDM and in the Original Glo formula it's OK, if you can find a match. Meow looks great, but seems to make my dryness worse. I recently discovered Dream World Minerals and may have found a new favorite (if I can find my color match). Her stuff is wonderful and I love the feel of her foundations.

Lumiere has a range of foundations to suit different needs. My personal preference is for the Flawless Face formula which has some squalane oil. It has pretty reasonable coverage. Cashmere is also good, it contains silk powder and is suitable for combination skin. If you have oily skin, Veena Velvet has the best oil control. Luminesse is more glowy than the rest but has less coverage.

I'm 32 and I found the BE sat in my fine lines and emphasized pores. GLO is ok; I do love their primer and it is less expensive than a lot of primers. I use it with my current non mineral foundations and it doesn't seem to irritate my highly sensitive skin. I'm going to order some samples from some of the recommended lines here and I'll post my findings as I'm looking for a nice MMU for my over 40 clientele.

43 years old with oily skin, and I switch between Meows Flawless Feline, which works true magic with my face, and Silk Naturals. SN applied wet, for better coverage and Meow FF applied moderately and dry. None of them make my face look chalky or settle where you don't want them to. I have few lines: my problem areas are large pores, some redness over the nose, and the aging-faster-than-the-rest-of-my-face-area under my eyes. Especially Meow does the trick for me. I rarely even need a primer.

A good skin regimen is key, of course. I am a more than happy user of Dermalogica products almost exlusively, and their Oil Control Lotion is sheer magic in a bottle as a moisturizer under mineral makeup. When my skin needs an extra boost of moisture during winter I splurge in Enzymion from Lush (apart from being a vitamin-bomb it smells dreamy fresh, but for me it is a bit too "heavy" to work as an everyday moisturizer).

I also ordered samples from Fusion of Color. I need a foundation with pinker undertones, and this line seems to have more of a selection of these colors.

I've heard some positive comments about the line, so I'm anxious to try it out. Everyone on the boards seems to use Everydayminerals and Bare Escentuals, so it would be nice to hear about some of the other companies out there.

I have used samples from the Monave line, and the makeup provides excellent coverage, but they only have one color, Amy, that even remotely matches my skin color, and it's much too light for me. If you have a skin with yellow undertones, then their colors would be ideal. I must say their customer service is very helpful.

Good luck with your samples!

Like TDZ, I'm 57 and have similar skin. I've been on a quest for 3 weeks now.

1. BE emphasized my lines I thought

2. I bought some Isadora, really liked it.

3. Ordered my sample kit from Signature Minerals (very generous samples I might add) and loved everything. I didn't get foundation though...bronzers, ES etc. I spent $100 more after on brushes and a couple of full size products. Brushes outstanding

4. Got from Phys Form their concealer that fills in lines. I think it does work to an extent. I have no hope anymore for deep lines....I swear

5. Ordering another sample from SM and am thinking about the one mentioned with vitamin E

6. Believe it or not the Wet and Wild isn't so bad. Really, it seems no different from the ones I've tried (3.99).

I'm thinking that I'll get the primer......but won't that just dry and my MMU will still look dry? Jojoba...wouldn't that be too oily to put the MMU over? If I could find a solution for the 'dry look' I would be ecstatic!

Got some good tips in here and will get more samples from other companies. I did hear though that someone got a 'free' sampler but felt they were scammed into $97. I read ALL the fine print but if you are reading this would you mention it again so we know which company that was?

Has anyone tried MAC minerals? I hear they are amazing, but haven't tried them yet...

Originally Posted by lada /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone tried MAC minerals? I hear they are amazing, but haven't tried them yet... I dont think it pure minerals..

I'm 38 and just starting out on makeup... tried SN's perfecting powder and its done wonders for making my pores look smaller. I've no problems with lines or wrinkles yet tho' so can't help in that department.

Back