Mineral Makeup that doesn't have bismuth?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with the above suggestions.
smile.gif

well i like larenim,and evans garden mineral make up,you can buy at evansgarden.com,they have a whole line of natural products as well,take care.

I went to Ulta today, and tried on the BE medium beige on one side of my face and the BE medium on the other to see which color I liked best. However, as I walked to the car, I began feeling a burning sinsation on both sides of my face. Also burning around my eyes. Whereas, I have used the Everyday Minerals, with no burning side effect.

What do you think is causing the BE to burn my skin? I must be allergic to something they have in their mineral foundation, that Everyday minerals.....does not have?????

I think I better stick to the Everyday minerals. It is just hard to choose a color with them. I have ordered another sample kit, to see if maybe the next colors work better for me.

Do you think BE or EM cover and stay on the best?????

(Those of you who have tried both)

Thanking you in advance,

JoAnn in TEXAS
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by JoAnnAtkinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went to Ulta today, and tried on the BE medium beige on one side of my face and the BE medium on the other to see which color I liked best. However, as I walked to the car, I began feeling a burning sinsation on both sides of my face. Also burning around my eyes. Whereas, I have used the Everyday Minerals, with no burning side effect.
What do you think is causing the BE to burn my skin? I must be allergic to something they have in their mineral foundation, that Everyday minerals.....does not have?????

I think I better stick to the Everyday minerals. It is just hard to choose a color with them. I have ordered another sample kit, to see if maybe the next colors work better for me.

Do you think BE or EM cover and stay on the best?????

(Those of you who have tried both)

Thanking you in advance,

JoAnn in TEXAS
rockwoot.gif

Both Ulta's brand and BM have bismuth in it.. and that's what's making you itch! Stick to EDM for now! You can always try sampling some of the other great MMU companies out there later (see mineral sites under mineral makeup forum) !

You can always try mixing two shades together to find your perfect match!

Hi

A lot of Companies don't contain talc or bismuth. I don't have a problem with either ingredient. I have a talc based foundation that Fusion of Color makes for me and I like it and I use their reg foundation also. Talc is not the same as it was a number of years ago and I think (this is my opinion) it gets a bad rap. But everyone had their opinion of what they want to use, talc, bo, micronized versus non (another thing that doesn't bother me). But if we really think nothing is good for us LOL!!!! Now Rice powder/starch makes me itch like crazy so who knows

T

Are yall saying that the Bismuth causes the "burning sinsation"??? It wasn't itching......my skin was burning.

Guess I need to stay away from the BE, even though it did cover nicely. I have tried the EDminerals and I had no burning, however, I don't know if it covered my sun spots as well as BE did????

Originally Posted by JoAnnAtkinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are yall saying that the Bismuth causes the "burning sinsation"??? It wasn't itching......my skin was burning.
Guess I need to stay away from the BE, even though it did cover nicely. I have tried the EDminerals and I had no burning, however, I don't know if it covered my sun spots as well as BE did????

Lots of people don’t have reactions to bismuth but just as many do it can be an irritant so yes that is prob what is causing you to burn.

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't think that mica is actually an irritating product... But it's just my opinion. Not generally, but it can be - as Meow's website says, not all micas are created equal, lol. Their MMU is specifically formulated with mica that is not supposed to be irritating for those that have previously had problem's with it. If this is you, I'd recommend trying their foundations. They are good quality, and also the least expensive!! Meow Cosmetics

Originally Posted by semantje /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think every mineral make up contains mica because thats the color Yep!

Originally Posted by ivette /img/forum/go_quote.gif isn't bismuth in pepto bismol??i didn't know that mmu has bismuth in it

Lol, I totally didn't know that, but you're right! However, this isn't a problem as bismuth itself is not actually toxic. It is a heavy metal - a by-product of lead and copper refining (thus should be lead-free by the time it is used as a cosmetic ingredient) - but it is the only one of all the heavy metals that is non-toxic. The reason why it's bad in MMU is that since it is a heavy metal, to prevent it from sliding off your face, lol, it has to be forced into the pores. (Yep, you heard me: into the pores. Hello, clogging!) This, along with the naturally crystalline shape of the molecules, is what can cause the irritation/itching/burning/etc. But the bismuth itself is not toxic. Plus, I personally don't know what the implications would be in the difference between these two, but the actual name of the bismuth in MMU is bismuth oxychloride, while in the good ol' pink stuff, it is bismuth subsalicylate.
Check out this article: Mineral Makeup and Bismuth Oxychloride

Originally Posted by tigrisjasmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif Not generally, but it can be - as Meow's website says, not all micas are created equal, lol. Their MMU is specifically formulated with mica that is not supposed to be irritating for those that have previously had problem's with it. If this is you, I'd recommend trying their foundations. They are good quality, and also the least expensive!! Meow Cosmetics

Yep!

Yeah! I think that anything can irritate someone's skin, after all, everyone is different. I think that there's no 'miracle' product that would work for anyone.
I like the look of Meow

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like the look of Meow Me too! I love how fun and cute they make it with all the creative cat names. I think they're a great company
thumbsup2.gif

I would recommend everyday minerals. And I think every mineral makeup has mica in it, because that's what makes the color. But I'm not sure, I've just heard that somewhere.

Larenim has some nice stuff that sticks around pretty well. I found Monave's to be a bit cakey, though.

Back