Monroe Piercing Advice!!!!! Rant!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it's super cute! i dont see why u should have to hide it, they shouldnt judge you b.c of a piercing!

I think it looks gorgeous EyeCandyDiva, and you carry off the look incredibly well!

I honestly don't see what the big deal is about piercings, and why people flip out about it so much. I believe a person should do what they please with their body without somebody (professional and/or otherwise) having such a huge fit about it. It's not like you're hurting anybody. Plus, you're not covered in pierecings/tattoos, so I don't see what the huge deal is.

I also have to agree that church should be a place of non-judgement, but it's been exactly the opposite in my experience.

that is so small and adorable, that i am not sure you could be judged negatively with that! I mean, it's quite stunning on you!

I think it is super-cute on you!! Keep it. It isn't vulgar on my opinion. Wait and see if anyone says anything about it.

You can still look professional with piercings! I work as a secretary in the financial district and I have tons of piercings. I dress and act professionally, and I have no problems. Piercings are so popular these days, a lot of professional people have them.

Girl, you look FABULOUS with your piercing. I don't think you have much to worry about. There are always going to be people who love or dislike one thing or another. Just check with the pastor, and if he has any qualms about it, just discuss what you can do to compromise. But honestly, I doubt it will be a big issue. I'm sure they see the FLY DIVA you are, and if anything, they'll probably just think....that's another fabulous look from Ms. Diva!
wink.gif

EyeCandyDiva: Thanks for posting the pic. It's very sweet.

Now for the rest: I'm no opposed to piercings or tattoo on other people. However, when one makes a decision to have a "body modification" that is visable, one needs to understand that they may be putting obstacles in their way when it comes to employment. It's like any dress code. Sure, my "jeans" may be clean but my employer may decide that jeans are not appropriate for their work place and it's within their right to make that decision. Most banks will not allow for tattoos and piercings to be visiable. It's the manner in which they feel they want to be protrayed. Some of the more "hipper" retail stores may allow this sort of thing but you can't blame society for these standards. Whether you feel it's right or wrong, that's the way it is.

UPDATE: I wore it to work today uncovered partly because I slept wrong and now my lip is a little swollen, so I'd look even crazier with a band-aid, no one said anything to me about it yet. I saw the Pastor(more than usual), the Youth Pastor, and a couple members. I also believe that since they are men, they most likely won't say anything, I know this sounds crazy well not really, but women tend to notice more, I mean we see everything and well some men...not so much. I think because it's small it'll be cool. I'm a fiancial secretary not an high level executive attorney, I think I'm good for now, I have 2 other people who I'm leary about but other than that, I can breath easy.

You ALL have be absolutely FABULOUS, I love all of your feedback, it was sooo helpful and it made me rest a lot easier.

I know I'm coming into this thread late, but I love your monroe. I had one last year, and I miss it all the time! I hope things got cleared up, I think that if they can handle your hair, they can handle a little crystal. When I worked at a restaraunt the really strict owners actually ok'ed mine. But I had this one older guy freak out on me one day "oh my god, what is that thing"

But yeah, its super cute!

they have things called retainers that are clear and if they really dont like it try putting one of thse in while at work it will be less noticable, hope this helps

Back