My Cotton Bunny

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my box yesterday and I have to admit I'm impressed by the shipping packaging BUT I do have some concerns. I'll have a full review up soon.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my box yesterday and I have to admit I'm impressed by the shipping packaging BUT I do have some concerns. I'll have a full review up soon.
Soon? Girl, work faster! lol

I think it's a super cute idea, but I get all my feminine hygiene products for a lot cheaper than that, and it doesn't seem like a ton of extra goodies, so it really doesn't seem worth it to me. :/

Disclaimer: This box was sent to me for free for reviewing purposes. Opinions are my own.

My Cotton Bunny is the latest of "beauty box subscriptions" however this beauty box deals with something of a more personal nature - our periods. For $13.75 a month the intro box contains a box of tampons or pads of your choice, a cami top and a piece of chocolate from Dagoba. While some might consider the price to be expensive if you've ever been caught without pads or tampons in the middle of the night and the nearest store being closed so you're stuck going to the corner gas station it's not that expensive.

In my box came a box of U by Kotex Click tampons 18 count in super (retail: $4.99), a Dagoba Organic Chocolate in Lavender Blueberry (0.32 oz, value $0.60) and an American Apparel cami (approximate value: $14.00) with the My Cotton Bunny logo in size M. Total box value approximately $19.59.

As soon as I was done taking a picture I gobbled the chocolate down and found it to be interesting. The chocolate had pieces of either lavender or dried blueberries, not sure which but it was very good.

The cami top has been claimed by my eldest daughter since the size is too small for me.

As for the tampons, I've bought U by Kotex Click in the past for about $5 at my local Target and my eldest daughter likes the brand more so than Playtex or Tampax, except for Playex Sport which she also likes. My youngest daughter is not comfortable with tampons so she uses pads - Always Infinity - while my middle daughter and myself use both.

While I'm impressed with the shipping box and the presentation of the products inside I am a bit disappointment by the lack of products on their site to choose from at this time. Of course this is a brand new company and if it does well I foresee that they will expand on brands and types available.

Overall I'm happy with the contents of the box and $13.75 for a cami top, a box of tampons and a piece of chocolate look to be a good deal to me. Yes you can get pads and tampons for less in the store however if you have a daughter like my girls who never tell me that they've used up their tampons and pads and have since raided my stash and used up my stuff then this maybe for you or your daughter. I might just subscribe my eldest daughter for this since her cycle is more regular than her sisters. I would probably subscribe for myself if they had products in the absorbancy that I use but at this time they don't. I don't know if the boxes every month will contain a cami or other apparel item but I think it's a reasonable price for an intro box.

EDIT: After giving my daughter the cami and box of tampons I realized that this time next year she won't be living with us any more as she'll be off to college in the "big city" and depending where she moves to buying pads and tampons may not be "cheap" as it is here where we live plus there is the consideration she won't have her own car to drive around and will depend on friends and public transportation to get around so running to the store to buy her own things won't be easy for her as it is now. So I think My Cotton Bunny would not only be excellent for teens who are too embarrassed to buy their own products but to college girls who just don't have the time or it's not easy for them to run to the nearest store. I also remember that some colleges/universities are in towns without Walmarts or Targets - for example Central Washington University which is located in Ellensburg, WA doesn't have an Albertsons, Walgreens, Target, Walmart or KMart with the nearest stores being 30+ miles away (in Yakima, WA). There IS a RiteAid now but the hours are until 10 PM and there is a Safeway but prices at both those stores are more expensive than other stores - especially Safeway where things typically are twice the amount than Target or Walmart. I can see My Cotton Bunny being really useful for college girls attending schools in rural areas similar to CWU.

Thanks for the honest review. It's a great concept but I can get pads/tampons for cheap or free using Extrabucks at CVS or Register Rewards at Walgreens. It's a great idea for mom's to send  to their daughters living on campus...Care packages are always awesome!!

Funny thing: my boyfriend and I had this idea about a year ago, and my bestie and I actually developed the product (include doing market testing) for a marketing class - we're presenting on it on Thursday! So funny how these things happen. It's a nice idea, but I'm not going to lie: I like our approach better. We include just samples (not full boxes) on pads/tampons and focus more on the extra intended to pamper yourself during your time of the month (aka chocolates, nail polish, spa products, and crappy romance novels/movies).

Will be interesting to see how this does.

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Funny thing: my boyfriend and I had this idea about a year ago, and my bestie and I actually developed the product (include doing market testing) for a marketing class - we're presenting on it on Thursday! So funny how these things happen. It's a nice idea, but I'm not going to lie: I like our approach better. We include just samples (not full boxes) on pads/tampons and focus more on the extra intended to pamper yourself during your time of the month (aka chocolates, nail polish, spa products, and crappy romance novels/movies).

Now I could see a niche market for that..like the pms mix tape Ashton Kutcher's character made on some rom com movie lol.

There's always room in the market to compete if you really think your model is better ^~ Personally, I'd be very into this if there was a Ben & Jerry's, Hagen Daaz, or Starbucks ice cream involved... maybe a coupon for a free one? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love your idea! Focusing on the comforting extras would be awesome! Samples of tampons and pads would be something I'd be more into than full boxes of them. As I mentioned earlier, I'd end up with too many stockpiled under my bathroom sink!

I need to replenish my stock.. woke up to a leak under my sink that my toilet paper, pads, and a large box of tampons absorbed. SMH

Oh wow, I only subbed 2 days ago and I got my box already! THE CAMI IS AWESOME! I forget who was worried about fitting her D's into an American Apparel cami, but I have DDD's and I got a size medium and my cami fits PERFECT! 
heart.gif

I'M SO IMPRESSED! I had cancelled immediately after ordering, thinking maybe this wasn't that great of a deal, but I changed my mind. I will be resubbing next month. It came at the PERFECT time too, per usual, I forgot to restock and *needed* my girly stuff today. Yaaay! WIN!

Back