My gf is getting bad cramps (that time of the month)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second the warm baths and water bottle, except i have Anaprox, theyre little blue pills and they're MAGIC
smile.gif
. but seriously, just because the dr. said something doesnt mean theyre right, so tell her to go see a gyno. Then again, if its rare that its this bad, shes probably just stressed.

Robaxacet Platinum........for back pain, it's a muscle relaxer....and lucky for her you are in Canada it is available OTC...not so in the USA.........it is seriously the most amazing solution I have found!!! be sure to get the real thing not the store brand...they don't work as well.

also......if you rub her groin (don't know what to say ...we're not in the 18 and over forum) anyway........rub her in a nonsexual way it relieves the pain but unfortunately the pain comes back immediately when you stop stimulating ......but maybe you can do it long enough for her to fall asleep or for drugs to kick in!!

Well she is feeling better today. She is still having cramps, but she got a hot water bottle, and some pamprin to help with the pains.. Which has taken the pain down alot. I think she is going to see the doctor tomorrow even though she says by tomorrow the pain will probably be gone (she hopes). So we will see what happens tomorrow. I guess different things work for different people. But I showed her what you all said, and gave us some great ideas. Thanks everyone.

Anaprox (Brand Name) or Aleve (Generic Version). You can buy aleve at the pharmacy. When I was younger I would get awful cramps on the first day and would vomit all day long. My Gynecologist prescribed Anaprox and I felt 100 times better after that.

I hope this helps.

I literally think I'm going to die every month from pain and the best thing that helps me is Naproxen. I can only get it by prescription here in Canada, but in the US it's just plain ol' Aleve! Works wonders for me! I've also used Robaxacet from time to time, the muscle relaxers for back pain in them really help out with the cramping
smile.gif

its too bad u didnt get Motrin she wouldnt still be in pain

Originally Posted by TylerD /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well she is feeling better today. She is still having cramps, but she got a hot water bottle, and some pamprin to help with the pains.. Which has taken the pain down alot. I think she is going to see the doctor tomorrow even though she says by tomorrow the pain will probably be gone (she hopes). So we will see what happens tomorrow. I guess different things work for different people. But I showed her what you all said, and gave us some great ideas. Thanks everyone.

For some reason Motrin, Pamprin, Tylenol, Advil, all those do nothing for me at all
frown.gif
I wish they would cause it's so much easier to get than Naproxen. If I take Tylenol or Advil at all I have to take SO MUCH for it to work and it takes forever to kick in and it only works for an hour or so . . . lamo =/ But one Naproxen 500mg (Aleve) about twice a day, (sometimes three times a day, but rarely) and I'm good.
smile.gif
If your GF has tried all the regular stuff and its not working I'd really recommend trying it out
smile.gif

They dont work for me either unless I take 4 motrins the white ones

Originally Posted by |<33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif For some reason Motrin, Pamprin, Tylenol, Advil, all those do nothing for me at all
frown.gif
I wish they would cause it's so much easier to get than Naproxen. If I take Tylenol or Advil at all I have to take SO MUCH for it to work and it takes forever to kick in and it only works for an hour or so . . . lamo =/ But one Naproxen 500mg (Aleve) about twice a day, (sometimes three times a day, but rarely) and I'm good.
smile.gif
If your GF has tried all the regular stuff and its not working I'd really recommend trying it out
smile.gif

I usually take 2 800mg Ibuprofen and it knocks the pain out. Some non medicine ways are to do crunches (it tightens the muscles so that they can't contract and cramp) or apply a heating pad to soothe.

advil doesn't really work for me either, you might just give me some sweets instead. i load myself of ibuprofen (respecting the maximum amount i can take). with a migraine pill if my head is about to explode.

i agree a heating pad is great at relieving pain, you can associate that with a massage.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif advil doesn't really work for me either, you might just give me some sweets instead. i load myself of ibuprofen (respecting the maximum amount i can take). with a migraine pill if my head is about to explode.
i agree a heating pad is great at relieving pain, you can associate that with a massage.

thats a great idea fruits help too

I usually have to take 4 Tylenol or Advil every 3-4 hours. Any less, and it doesn't work for me.
frown.gif
Heating pads are nice, too.

oh gosh! I'd definitely recommend Aleve because its made from Naproxen which is what my gynecologist prescribes for bad menstrual pain. And DEFINITELY a hot water bottle or a heating pad. Oh, and chocolate! And say yes dear for everything. Good luck Tyler!

Back